Old June 1, 2002, 20:00   #1
gumby666
Settler

Local Time: 01:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It *really* won't let me play CTP2 MP...
Hi... I have been trying for months and months to play CTP2 multiplayer over the Internet. I've tried it normally, with the v1.1 patch, with the v1.11 patch, with the old servers.dat, with Loctutus' servers.dat... still nothing.

I have done what the FAQ told me to do. I can see the three multiplayer servers, I try to connect, but it can't make it to the lobby. I've tried this on 2 different machines, on DSL and dialup, on win2k and win98. I still cannot connect no matter what.

Surely someone else here has had the same problem and knows what to do. I have been playing CTP1/2 for years and I would really like to try this online!

Thanks.
Old June 2, 2002, 17:56   #2
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 18:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The only thing I can think of is to uninstall and then reinstall the game. It sounds like one of the files has gotten damaged so hopefully this will help.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old June 2, 2002, 19:12   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
one question... where are you?
Does geographical location have any effect possibly, with connection time. I have a really tough time getting into American servers sometimes.