Old June 5, 2002, 15:55   #1
MBD
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Millennia: Altered Destinies
Does anyone else remember a game called Millennia: Altered Destinies? It came out about seven years ago.

It had probably one of the most interesting premises of any game. You are given a time-travelling spaceship and sent to a galaxy that used to have four sentient species, which had been overwhelmed by a fifth invading species.

You go back 10000 years, to the infancy of each of the four species, and then travel back and forth in time, giving and taking advances from one species or the other, changing their histories, trying to help all four evolve far enough that they can survive the invaders. If you are successful at stopping the invaders, now you have to help the four species interact and evolve far enough without killing each other off so that each of them can produce a part for your spacecraft, allowing you to return where you came from.

A really original and fascinating take on a Civ-type game.
I wish somebody would come out with an updated version of it.
Old June 10, 2002, 00:08   #2
HeHe
Settler

Local Time: 21:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I remember that game. It came free with a magazine i bought. Nice, decent, unique game it was. 95% of the game you were sitting in your spaceship moving those hands to press buttons. Don't forget that repairing your spaceshipp was secondary objective, primary was helping the 4 species become powerful enough to repel the eminent invasion of the microns(was that the evil race name? I don't even remember).
Anyway this game was nothing at all like a civ-type :P