View Poll Results: Does the Storywriter's Union discourage you to participate in this forum?
Yes, I want it removed. 1 9.09%
I wouldn't say one way or the other. 2 18.18%
No, it doesn't discourage me. 2 18.18%
It encourages me to write in this forum. 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 7, 2002, 18:24   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 18:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A poll to settle an argument
Quote:
posted by The Eliminator:

The storywriters union will dissuade and discourage people from joining in. I just hate to see a bad apple (or idea) spoil the bunch.
I totally disagree with the eliminator on the crap he has said. There's only one way to settle this argument once and for all. Please participate in this poll. It's the only anonymous way to prove the Eliminator right or wrong.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old June 7, 2002, 18:31   #2
johncmcleod
Prince

Oops. Sorry for the bad grammar on the poll question. I never noticed it until it was too late.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old June 7, 2002, 19:44   #3
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 02:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It doesn't discourage me, why the hell would it?! It's just really a group where authors can rant and rave about the damned morons who read their stories

Just j/k, it's just a group where authors can discuss ideas, and get feedback on their stories that is better than "good".

To be honest, it helps writing as it tells you what to improve.

Chris
Old June 7, 2002, 21:11   #4
johncmcleod
Prince

I totally agree.
Old June 8, 2002, 01:11   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 21:09
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Isn't it also quite amazing how it seems the eliminator left just as suddenly as he came? Or when he ranted about my comedies because they "weren't serious enough" or how Rotten was bringing something fresh by not being in the union when he was one of the first members? Oh, can you tell I dislike the Eliminator
Old June 8, 2002, 12:19   #6
The Bloody Baro
Prince

Local Time: 22:09
Don't all those psychitrists[spelling] say that people need to feel accepatance in order to succeed? Well thats what the Union does. It allows people to feel better, increasing there morale. And as we all know the happier you are then the better you'll write. Plus has anyone noticed that alot of good writers have been popping since the establishment of the Union? As far as I'm concerned getting rid of the Union would be almost as bad as getting rid of the contest. [note the key word almost].
Old June 8, 2002, 22:21   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 21:09
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
That, and if you read the threads, the union doesn't have much power (if any) regardless, so who really cares?