Old June 8, 2002, 05:57   #1
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anyone remember?
Im pretty sure this is illrelevant to what everyone is talking about. But do any of you remember some of the old players. Like for istance as of this moment, a player of the name Gsdm. He was in a few of the first games i ever played, with Kaak and Eyes. he was the one who taught me how to spread with my cities. Or some one of recent, Ping Pong, was on the Europa team. Or one of brave laker's old friends... who was it, summer something or other... Im sure one of you remember. And Zylka too, where has he been at, man we had some good fights, and talks. Or anyone remember Lady Empress, she was a teacher who played civ. A hottie at that. Anways, where have all the players gone to? I can acount for 90 % of all those I remember.... Id like to take a moment, and remember them.... May thier civ souls rest in peace... hehe.... *puts out the ashes into the water* I always wondered who's ashes these were anyways. May the civ god be nice to them.

Just taking a moment, to remember my routes, of how i came to be the player i am today. You ever think about it, where you learned to play civ? For me... Most of what i knew came from Sean And Gary and Weird God and woke. Those 4 players, created me.... Others add a bit of a twist.

Anyways, ive been wanting to say hi to some of these players for a long time. So Hi.... And at least 1 person remembers you.
Old June 8, 2002, 05:59   #2
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Sarreck... Not summer Sarreck... Just remembered it. His name was Sarreck. Good player too... I hope that is right, hope i didnt just shoot his name down.
Old June 8, 2002, 11:53   #3
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 22:11
Re: Anyone remember?
Quote:
Originally posted by Budthepoet
Just taking a moment, to remember my routes, of how i came to be the player i am today. You ever think about it, where you learned to play civ? For me... Most of what i knew came from Sean And Gary and Weird God and woke. Those 4 players, created me.... Others add a bit of a twist.
Hey retard, remember me?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old June 8, 2002, 14:38   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Re: Re: Anyone remember?
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
Hey retard, remember me?
Let's not get personal...

Oh... remember JB I used to love when he would play a game with us into the wee hours of the morning, and he would have to go to work, while we crashed.

The proper spirit
Old June 8, 2002, 17:26   #5
CapTVK
Civilization II MultiplayerPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
King

Local Time: 02:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Re: Re: Anyone remember?
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Oh... remember JB I used to love when he would play a game with us into the wee hours of the morning, and he would have to go to work, while we crashed.

The proper spirit

Aaah...yes.... John Barbarossa. Probably the founder of the diplogame. I always enjoyed reading his posts in the MP threads. Damn shame the archives are lost now.

Gone but not forgotten...this one's for JB (raises glass)

Talking about gone, where are Yin26 and MWHC these days?
Old June 8, 2002, 22:06   #6
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:11
at least I remember you bud

by naming Ping Pong you probably meant pinball. he once entered the zone, kicked eyes twice in a row and left the zone again, probably thinking: too easy
weird god won´t come back ever. I visited him last year and it was pretty obvious he´s got no interest at all in civ anymore.

I miss the games with Sten Sture and Bird. our all first mp-experiences, where the turns took eternities because we mainly used only the chat window.
and I´m still looking forward for the planned games with vlad and seank in the coolest tribe ever. watch out civ-world! our rebirth is near!
Old June 9, 2002, 01:07   #7
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Yes Ping pong. Great player, I stand 1-1 with him. And Yes Ozzy, you started me out with civ. You gave me the addiction, the others helped me with Mp... Ozzy we were there togetehr, before there was mp... Mp, is and was the rave, that i couldnt sleep for... Couldnt eat for, would stay up night and day wishing to play. Ahh and Not Even Crack has given me that kind of addiction. hehe.... And another one I remember, who i see from time to time. keyrok he also, helped form my early game. I have moved on to where im much better than most of these guys. But then so have we all in our one respects past our teachers.
Old June 9, 2002, 01:37   #8
markusf
King

Quote:
But then so have we all in our one respects past our teachers.
I didn't have one I dominated the first game i played in and then i just continued to play in that group and perfect my skills. Then i went and started playing large 2x games and i totally dominated there, i had only one loss on the league when bezerker found me early.

Before i played 2x 1x king everyone would play only monarchy, and i would go straight republic every game. Amazing to see how fast people copy strats! Now no one goes monarchy anymore.

The only player i learned anything usefull off was makeo, who showed me the wonders of 25+ units stacked in combat on 1x1x.
Old June 9, 2002, 01:42   #9
Budthepoet
Chieftain

Markusf... Our games against one another are very few... we should get a few duels sometime. Do a test of wits.
Old June 9, 2002, 03:10   #10
markusf
King

Quote:
Markusf... Our games against one another are very few... we should get a few duels sometime. Do a test of wits.
Thats because i hate duels. I like playing to modern times. I can't stand games where you do the exact same thing to win every single time. Not only that, duels are always over by the time democracy roles around, which is usually the time things would get interesting. I have played 2x till modern times but that is sooo boring. (tons of units every turn and 10 minute moves)

Since eyes doesn't want to play i suggest a 2x 1x game me kuja you and atawa? If we go 2x 2x and play a team game you can bet one player is going to get screwed right off the start (2x movement is killer)
Old June 9, 2002, 12:32   #11
Eyes_Of_Night
King

ummmmm....who said I didn't want to play?
Old June 10, 2002, 15:15   #12
Budthepoet
Chieftain

So your saying you do wish to play?
Old June 10, 2002, 15:24   #13
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Oh Boy

Old June 10, 2002, 15:55   #14
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:11
damm it i will play.......
Old June 10, 2002, 19:47   #15
StrategicKingMi
Warlord

This bares the birth of a new poll.........
"Who is the most famous (or infamous) civ player ever......"
Old June 10, 2002, 20:00   #16
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKingMi
This bares the birth of a new poll.........
"Who is the most famous (or infamous) civ player ever......"
You would be better off starting a thread to discuss it... just so we could get the right people for the poll... Just think of all the people you could mention.... JB... Kaak... markus.... yourself and eyes of course ... But it might be tough for some people since they went through so many names
Old June 12, 2002, 16:40   #17
Graag
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Who were the Old Crowd? I would count myself amongst them, and most of the players listed above. But how many of the so-called old hands were discussing civ and playing challenges long before Apolyton existed?

Ahh... sweet sweet nostalgia... perhaps a 'favourite memories of Civ2MP' thread would be fun... I'd nominate my series of duels with War4, some damn fine games, although the way the challenge often descended into most revolting/perverted city names competition was a tad worrying
Old June 12, 2002, 17:19   #18
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Graag
Who were the Old Crowd? I would count myself amongst them, and most of the players listed above. But how many of the so-called old hands were discussing civ and playing challenges long before Apolyton existed?
Some of us were discussing Civ and playing challanges long before the Greek site had more than a few posts a day... I remember the good ole days on the Addicted to Civ Site... the Ultimate Civ Site... and many others...

Those were the days... but, no MP then
Old June 12, 2002, 19:04   #19
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:11
yes....my old days go back to when the zone first put the game up on the net for competitive play.........

but when i found poly, and a host of friends, thats when civving online took off for me....

Graag those were the good ol days...both of us spending all day civing...and night