Old August 16, 2002, 16:08   #151
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 03:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Might I direct you to vonB's post just four posts up?

-Homer Simpson
Old August 16, 2002, 16:55   #152
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 21:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
D'oh, nevermind.
Old August 19, 2002, 00:36   #153
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I am announcing that I am willing to give just about anything (be creative) to whoever would give me the colonialism tech.
Attached Files:
File Type: net germany_july_1900.net (218.1 KB, 2 views)
Old August 19, 2002, 13:31   #154
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Whee, finally. I'll get on it.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 19, 2002, 14:09   #155
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Dude, that was the wrong save, guess I should have noticed it at once but I'm not that perceptive.

-Homer Simpson
Old August 19, 2002, 14:28   #156
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Ehrm, I'm Germany, so what's wrong with the file?
Old August 19, 2002, 14:30   #157
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Nevermind I see, here ya be.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip feb_1870_germany.zip (59.4 KB, 2 views)
Old August 19, 2002, 15:56   #158
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Latest news from the USA!

President declares war on dinosaurs!
After finding out they were already dead he handed out several medals and held a ticker-tape parade in New York.

Various goods arrives to European harbours
Large American merchant fleet has gathered in the Bay of Biscay.

Riots on Cuba!
President sez: no comments.

Breakthrough in diplomacy!
President Pavlov spent a week conferencing with Russian leader Kurkov. According to the departement of state the talks were a complete success and the two nations made a scientific agreement. Further details are unfortunately classified. (You got what you wanted, Kirk)

The president commented on the conference himself: "Man, it wasch a helluvaparty! I gotsch to tell ya, that Kurkov, or Koko asch I call him, isch one great guy! Lischten, if I wasch ever......zzzzzzzzz"

The presidents press secretary clarified his comment by saying: "The president was very pleased with the outcome of this talks and he was just tired. Promise"

Prez thanks the vice prez!
President Pavlov issued the congressional medal of honour to vice president Germanos; "as a small payback for all your services to this great nation"

New soap out!
Buy! Buy! Buy! It's what all the stars use!

-Homer Simpson
Old August 19, 2002, 15:57   #159
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

et la file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip us1870feb.zip (58.5 KB, 4 views)

-Homer Simpson
Old August 22, 2002, 20:43   #160
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

ANZAC's turn.
Old August 22, 2002, 21:11   #161
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Doesn't japan go now
Old August 22, 2002, 21:25   #162
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 23:19
No, Japan plays after Russia.
Old August 22, 2002, 21:39   #163
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Yep, Soundwave's intro had the wrong order. The correct one is the one Germanos posted a ways down on the first page:

Russia
Japan
France
Germany
US
Independents
UK
Old August 23, 2002, 10:12   #164
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Britain would like France to evacuate its settler from the Malaya peninsula as this is british territory. Thank you.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip uk1870feb.zip (59.1 KB, 2 views)
Old August 26, 2002, 14:35   #165
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 18:19
Izvestia, Mar 1870
Premier Kurkov has announced the formation of a formal alliance between The Russian Empire and the German Reich. Kurkov stated that this new unity will be unbreakable, and greatly aid both great nations on diplomatic, military, economic and scientific level.

In other news, word reaches our offices that the imperial military has occupied the Ottoman city of Kars in retaliation for excusions into Russian borders by Ottoman forces. Military planners hint that similar solutions are planned to deal with Central Asian raiders recently caught in our borders.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ru1870mar.zip (59.3 KB, 2 views)
Old August 26, 2002, 17:29   #166
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 23:19
Japanese traders going round Malacca, can be sighted from Singapore. We ask the British Empire to protect our trade ships in the area bound for Europe.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip meiji4.zip (54.0 KB, 2 views)
Old August 28, 2002, 18:34   #167
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Bump for Stormbringer, also I'll PM him, but he hasn't posted since the 8th, so we'll see what happens...

EDIT: I just read a post of his that said he'd be gone for 3 weeks starting that date, so hopefully he returns soon
Old August 28, 2002, 19:37   #168
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormbringer
I will be gone for three weeks starting today ... I will be back on teh 29th
Old September 2, 2002, 16:13   #169
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

His post said that whoever wants to can sub for him, so since you did before, why don't you do it, Pavlov?
Old September 2, 2002, 23:31   #170
Stormbringer
Warlord

I am back and I will play tomorrow if that is ok with everyone. Also, can anyone inform me on what happened, as I am too lazy to read all of the posts?
Old September 2, 2002, 23:55   #171
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Not much, just the signing of an alliance between Germany and Russia.
Old September 4, 2002, 00:04   #172
Stormbringer
Warlord

NEWS FROM NORTH AFRICA!

Tripoli have been taken by assult. Many French troops die in battle, but after a week-long siege the city falls into French hands. The dream of a French Empire in West Africa may be not as far away as some people think it is.

MORE NEWS FROM AFRICA

A French regiment attacked a native settlement. New land was gained from the tribe, and by some way it added gold to the French tressury.

NEWS FROM ASIA

As requested by UK France evacuates it's workers from Malaya peninsula. (I have no idea what they were doing there.)

French fleet meets some unprotected Japaneese trading ships near one of the French cities, and the French fleet agrees to act as a convoy for the traders until they leave the area around French cities.

Still No Coment from the Government on troop movements in North Africa and Asia.
Old September 4, 2002, 00:05   #173
Stormbringer
Warlord

As always I forgot the file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip france.zip (57.2 KB, 3 views)
Old September 4, 2002, 01:32   #174
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

WAR!!!

Just this month reports came to the Kaiser that the godless Italian General Giuseppe Garibaldi has yet again begun to campaign against the Holy City of Rome. Emmisaries from both Prussia and Austria were sent to King Vittorio Emmanuelle II hoping that he would restrain his armed forces as he had in 1862, but indeed he is condoning this act of naked agression against the Pope.

Therefore, Austria and Prussia, in contrast to their past divisions involving Italy, have united to declare war against the Kingdom of Italy. In the past fifteen years we have been lax with our responsibilities involving defence of the Papal States, but we have now realized what we must do.

While the bulk of Italian forces were bogged down engaging French troops in their assault on Rome, troops of the Combined Germanic Forces suddenly swept through Venice and captured Milan! German losses were on the level of catastrophic, but no man in our army was afraid as they knew that this was not a territorial controversy but indeed a Holy War!

The Kaiser humbly asks Napoleon III for intervention against the Italian blasphemes, as you have historically done all you can for the Papal States. We will not forget your noble sacrifices for our Pope in 1867.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mar_1870_germany.zip (60.4 KB, 3 views)
Old September 4, 2002, 23:29   #175
Stormbringer
Warlord

Napolion III makes an official statement. The German agression into Italy will not be tolerated. No war in Europe will be. If Germany and Austria do not withdraw their forces from all of the Italian cities including Milan France will take military actions against the agressors.

French troops will be shipted to Rome to protect the city against the armies of Germany, Austria and Giuseppe Garibaldi.

France cuts off all of it's trade with Germany and Austria, and the embassies of both countries have been expelled from France.

All of French military is moblised and prepared for war. Troops are being shiped back to Europe from North Africa.

Napolion III hopes that other countries in Europe understand the threat of a major war in Europe, and will help France neutralise that threat.

France would like to remind Russia about an Alliance that was signed to contain German agression in Europe. I hope that the word of the Russian Tsar still means something, and that Russia will come to our aid in this conflict.
Old September 5, 2002, 01:09   #176
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

The Russian Empire recognizes her alliances with both France and Germany, and hopes that there is an equitable solution for all parties available. Both France and Germany state that it is in their best interests to protect the Holy See from the rampaging Republican Garibaldi's forces, this is a start. Germany invited France to aid Germany, and protect Rome. France has sworn to do this, but lashes out at Germany. To Russia this makes no sense and causes France to sound like she desires all of Italy for herself. Clearly something can be worked out here without a war between the major powers, let us work our hardest to maintain the general since of peace Europe has felt for over half a century.
Old September 5, 2002, 07:06   #177
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Garibaldi has not yet captured Rome, and we therefore have no intention to ourselves. The Holy See will absolutely remain under the independent administration of the Pope as it always has been, and if France's forces indeed fly their flag over the city, war will be declared. You speak of the Papal States maintaining independence, and then you send troops there? We are not attacking them, so indeed it looks as if you are to annex the area.

Our war is a war to defend the Papal States from the Italian Kingdom's agression, so I am perplexed why France makes up a myth of an Austro-German "agression" against Rome.

Also, I cannot help but note the hypocrisy of the French Emperor. How can you speak of "maintaining agression" when your entire career has consisted of brutal conquest or subversion of numerous independent states throughout the globe, including fighting in North Africa as we speak? Your brutal imperialist agression repeatedly swallows entire nations for no other reason than their existence, and then at the same time you condemn Germany for their limited war with a valid pretext? This is an outrage!

I will withdraw from Milan when you withdraw from all of Africa and Southeast Asia.

Last edited by Darius871; September 5, 2002 at 07:12.
Old September 5, 2002, 23:46   #178
Stormbringer
Warlord

German attack on Milan is ridiculous. We have agreed to peace in Europe, and therefore we need to keep peace in Europe. We both wish to protect Rome from the agression of Garibaldi, and we will do so, but what worries us the most is your attack into Northern Italy. If we are to keep Peace in Europe, we need to keep Peace, and once you libirate a city from a Dictator, you need to return it to it's rightfull rulers, in this case the italians.

As for our war in North Africa. I believe that we all have imperial possesions all around the world. British forces are advansing in South East Asia. You have cities in Africa. We all fight wars there, and we all have overseas possesions. So long noone have accused anyone of it being bad. I do not see how French wars in Africa are any different from overseas wars by any other European Country.
Old September 6, 2002, 06:44   #179
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Correct, but the point is that I do not condemn you for your expansionism, but I must criticize your hypocrisy when you condemn our war against Italy which does not even have expansionism at its root.
Old September 6, 2002, 06:58   #180
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Also, touching on your rant about "peace in Europe", I'm sure you're aware that the war is already over. The international community would never accept us occupying Rome, even if it were for the Pope's own protection, not to mention that we have no desire to annex the region anyway. Meanwhile, southern Italy and Sicily are beyond our capability to take.

Therefore Milan is all that will remain under German protection, so the war against Italy is already over; I think they've learned their lesson. If France wishes to start a new one that is her own choice.