View Poll Results: Do you think this might be a good (or at least fun) idea?
Yes 20 64.52%
No 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 14, 2002, 23:49   #31
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Using my power to veto, I will refuse to impliment this option until the need arises. I doubt the Minister of the Military will be overridden with things to do for the first month. Such issues will most likely not arise until the late-Middle or early-Industrial Ages, so should we have them? Yes. Now? No.
Old June 15, 2002, 00:22   #32
Timeline
King

Local Time: 21:22

SEE?! This is why we need a constitution, because there are corrupt people like TRIP in this world who make up stuff like veto power out of thin air!

My proposed "code of laws" will be posted for voting on tommorow, go here (2nd page) to discuss it.

The anti-constitutionalist are showing their true colors, which is blue and black.....

With a hint of red....*shudders* pure evil....

And this is only the beggining folks. Vote on a Code of Laws to stop this pathetic abuse!!!!
Old June 15, 2002, 00:23   #33
Timeline
King

btw: I voted no on the poll above, but it makes very little difference, the point is... we need laws that our prez and gov has to obey
Old June 15, 2002, 09:46   #34
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:22
they have to obey, but if the smc doesnt want any assistants he doesnt have to make any, this just makes it legal to make them.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 16, 2002, 01:25   #35
Timeline
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Banana
Our President is trippin'
Veto power......................*shudders in disgust*............
Old June 16, 2002, 01:34   #36
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Timeline
btw: I voted no on the poll above, but it makes very little difference, the point is... we need laws that our prez and gov has to obey
And you need a forum for discussing the govt and the constitution... a Senate perhaps?
Old June 16, 2002, 08:38   #37
Timeline
King

Top Thread: Minister (and other governmental staff) Duties

Constitution almost done, I just need to get a few more hours out of my time to work on it. Best hope: Monday.
Old June 17, 2002, 07:42   #38
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unless there is a line somewhere about the Prez having the power of veto - there is no such power. If we must have on of these silly Constitutions, every line must be voted in by the ppl. No one-person-making-up-whole-Constitution nonsense.

We should regard the Ministers as the same as everyone else unless they have been given a power specifically.

And if this poll was still open I'd vote yes to this great idea. Military Commanders would be nominated/called for as and when the Supreme Military Commander is getting a little overworked, and would be retired with full honours when the SMC is ready to take on the full responsibility or the military situation has subsided.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!