Old June 11, 2002, 23:40   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 18:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lets Create a Story II
A while ago somebody made a post called Lets Create a story. One person would write a small part of a story and the next person would continue it. It was fun and I'd like to do it again. The only rules are keep it not too long and don't post twice in a row.

An intelligent and natural leader called Chief Shaka of the Zulu looked on as the wandering tribes known as the Zulu Tribes all banned together and all began a new style of living. They all lived right next to each other. The called it a 'city' and they named their first city 'Zimbabwe'.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old June 12, 2002, 07:25   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:23
There was a group of Zulus that they called theScouts. One day, the scouts left Zimbabwe out into the unkown jungle.

Back at home, Zimbabwe began to slowly grow, and was soon a bustling city of 30,000.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 12, 2002, 14:47   #3
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Soon the scouts were stuck to hiding in the underbrush, to avoid being spotted by strange people they kept seeing. These people were planting fish, and digging holes that filled with water.
Old June 12, 2002, 18:44   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As the scouts were troubled by this, Zimbabwe continued to grow. One day a strange man came near the city. A small warrior group patrolling the area found him. The man was very friendly, told them of great mountains nearby, and gave tehm a map of the surrounding regions. They brought him to the city. However, he brought a horrible plague, and within a few years the city was reduced to only 5,000

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old June 12, 2002, 20:40   #5
Space05us
King

When the scouts finally returned to the once great city of Zimbabwe they found it in ruins, the temples were in disrepair, the markets abandond, and worst of all there was no patrol at the gates. As they went further and further into the city they finally came upon people!
Old June 12, 2002, 21:30   #6
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Some of the people were crawling along the ground like lizards. Their skin was turning black and falling off in large pieces. Boils and warts covered what was left of them.

However, a small number of people had not been affected. Such is the way of diseases. One of them, a young woman, spoke to the scouts, "My name is Hoka Hoka. I've heard there may be a cure for the plague somewhere in the distant tribal nations just beyond the mountains."

Note: I'll try my best not to get the leaders into a fistfight in this story.
Old June 12, 2002, 21:52   #7
Space05us
King

One of the elders came up to the leader of the scouts and in a barely audible whisper told him "Don't go they'll eat you..." When the old man finished he wobbled away. "It was as if he was never affected" said Mah, leader of the scouts.
Old June 12, 2002, 22:13   #8
civman2000
Emperor

LOL, all I was trying to do was simulate disease in Zimbabwe from the jungle!

Mah left the center of the city and looked at the survivors. They looked somewhat--different. Like they were of a different tribe.

Then he realized what had happened! He began to yell, and called for the people to take up arms against these foreign oppressors! Hoka Hoka and 4 other survivors all fired arrows at him--all missed. Mah ran and ran and ran--out to the jungle again. Back in the city, however, the few Zulu survivors had heard him, and had taken all weapons they could find. But they're wooden clubs were no match for the oppressors' bronze-tipped arrows. Within days, the resistance had ended, and Zimbabwe had been completely conquered by the Aztec Empire.

Mah, however, knew nothing of this...

Old June 12, 2002, 22:25   #9
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Mah rested overnight under the umbrella of a lush pineapple glade. He awoke in the morning and was filled with horror. For his hands and body were covered in the same boils and blackness that he had seen on the people of Zimbabwe.

Back in Zimbabwe the ruthless egyptians forced the few survivors to work on the infrastructure of the city to make it worthy of joining Cleopatra's glorious empire.
Old June 12, 2002, 22:34   #10
Space05us
King

Mah knew what he had to do. he had to cross the mountains and find the cure before he died.
------------------------------------------------
you gave my charecter a disease you butthead
Old June 12, 2002, 22:48   #11
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Unfortunately for Mah, who was now making his way slowly across an open, oppressively hot plain, he had run into the center of an operation to flush out Zulu survivors by the Aztecs and their Egyptian allies. Aztec Jaguar Warriors stealthily made their ways through the long-grass, battle-axes in hands. Tlozin, the leader of the party, was an experience soldier, a Chosen Warrior. Indeed, he had been ordered to catch these Zulus for a special reason. Looking at a recently captured Zulu, he said quietly to one of his warriors, "These ones will go to Tenochtitlan to soothe the Feathered Serpent, and may he rain to our parched lands in blessing." Mah was in the middle of a dozen Jaguar Warriors, hidden by the grass. Luckily, he too was hidden. Slowly, however, he made his way forward towards one of his unseen enemies.

Meanwhile, as Zimbabwe burned, Shaka and his band of survivors set out across the plain, their impi blocking their movements against the approaching enemy. "We will rise again," he said, clenching his fist, and looking down at a captured Aztec who kneeled before him, "We will rise again." Then, he took the end of his spear, and sliced the Aztec's neck.

Mah was coming ever closer towards the Jaguar Warriors. Suddenly...
Old June 12, 2002, 22:54   #12
Space05us
King

Suddenly he was gabbed by the arms, two men with very strong hands pulled him toward the ground...all was black.... when Mah awoke he found himself in a cage with many others of his once fine city. as he looked around he saw that the door wasn't locked, but there were at least five armed guard around.He sat back and ponderd...
Old June 12, 2002, 23:00   #13
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Tlozin let out a cry that Mah could not understand. He could see patterns of smoke coming from the ridge of a nearby ridge. Mah relized the aztec scouts were signalling something important.

Far to the other side of the ridge, Shaka and his band observed the smoke patterns with suspicion. Perhaps enemies had seen them. Or maybe it was a trick. He alerted his men, and despite being tired from fleeing the city, prepared to pursue whoever was making the smoke.

Mah deserved the disease for running away from a
fight, you bunghole.
Old June 12, 2002, 23:02   #14
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

As he did so, another of his Zulu comrades was tossed into the cage, which sat just outside the plain. The hunt was still going on it seemed. Tlozin was back, however, blood smeared across his forehead. He spoke to one of the guards of Mah's cage, saying, "That's all we can find here. We'll move on to the south, hunt a little more, and then tomorrow we shall leave for Tenochtitlan. I feel that Montezuma shall have a promotion in store for me. The capture of all these perfect victims for sacrifice will be more than enough to please the gods." At least, thought Mah, he would be going across the White Mountains on the way to the center of the Aztec Empire, but it seemed as if he were to die anyway. He suddenly thought of being carved up on one of their altars, and shuddered. Suddenly, the cage was lifted by the bearers, and they moved on.
Old June 12, 2002, 23:05   #15
History Guy
King

...Tlozin then spoke to one of his officers, "You must take the party onward to find more victims, but now it seems I must go up to the battlelines to join our regiment. The Egyptians have turned on us, seeing our weakness. They feel they can destroy the better part of our army by attacking us, and then overwhelm us. We shall not falter. We shall see victory." Then Tlozin ran onward, towards the battlelines.
Old June 12, 2002, 23:08   #16
Space05us
King

As Mah looked around again he could see that the number of Zulu inside the cage outnumbered the Aztec, but they must be strong to carry such a load. Perhaps if they could get out fast enough they would stand a chance...
Old June 12, 2002, 23:50   #17
civman2000
Emperor

Inca Chief Atahuapa spoke as the Firemasters created the smoke patterns.

"The tiem has coe for the ncas to destroy the evil Aztecs! Fr cenuries, we have been caled barbarians when w are more civilized then them! I have hope that someday--"

"In an expansion pack maybe"

Who said that?"

"God." And hen god disappeared before metaliturtle could think of some way to se him t ruin the story.

"I have a feeling that if wecan defeat the Aztecs now we shall be forver respectd as a ue civilization! Pls our horsemen will be invincible!"

So the Incan warriors and horsemen trudged off to battle.

Old June 12, 2002, 23:59   #18
Space05us
King

They set the cage down on the ground...
"Great how are we supposed to get over this?" said one aztec as he looked down a large crack.
"We can always make a bridge out of a couple of trees, after all it's only about 4 feet wide."
"Hey you stop that" ordered the commander when he saw one of his men gleefully jumping back and forth across it.

Now is the time thought Mah, suddenly he kicked out the cage door and made a run for it. The others quickly followed.
"HEY!! stop them!!!" ordered the commander
All of the Aztecs present took chase, except that is, for the guy jumping gleefully back and forth across the crack.
Old June 13, 2002, 07:15   #19
civman2000
Emperor

Atahualpa and the Inca were totally baffled. Who were these darker peoples running from the Aztecs? Why? Should they protect them? Stop them? Kill them?

They decided to ignore them. A few hours after the Zulus fled the Aztec jaguar warriors received a rude surprise...

Old June 13, 2002, 09:27   #20
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Back at the crack, the aztec commander, in the brutal manner so common at the time, decided to punish the fellow jumping back and forth over the crack. He pushed the joker into the deep crack which extended into the bowels of the earth. However, the joker was a nimble feller and grabbed the commander's hair on the way down.

The aztec troops saw the commander fall into the crack and ran to help. The commander had caught onto a root 30 feet down with the joker still attached to his hair. The aztecs formed a human chain down to rescue the struggling commander - a project requiring over 50 men.

Mah, a superb tactician, took the opportunity to go back and with his comrades pushed in the men on top of the crack. In one swoop they had vastly reduced the problems at hand. Scores of aztecs went screaming to their death in the endless blackness.

Then the inca's showed up.
Old June 13, 2002, 12:34   #21
History Guy
King

"Oh blast!" said Tlozin, wacking some poor Egyptian with the old war club, "The Incas are attacking now!"

Nahuitoxol, an aide, responded, "Yes, well, sir, that's the way it works." He then wiped a non-existant tear from his eye.

Tlozin responded, "And what's worse, the story has turned funny! Well, at least I can live with that, but I daresay, I do hope old Monty is at home making some sacrifices for us. 50 virgins or something. Anything, really."

Meanwhile, Mah, having escaped by kicking in the cage door (and chewing through the bars), was now in the midst of the fighting, whacking Aztecs all over the place with a captured war-club. He was about ready to glorify in the event, when all of the sudden, Inca warriors poured in. The leader, an Irish Incan mercenary named Clancy (because the player was playing on the large world map, the civs were scattered all over, and the Incas had had the misfortune to wind up in the British Isles), saw Mah head-on, and ran at him, war-club jutting forward. He then cried out a battle-cry that Mah did not understand. It sounded much like "Malarky!" Then, Mah and Clancy slammed into one another, and began to fight.

Meanwhile, farther down in the jungle near some valuable silk resources, Shaka Zulu said to his domestic advisor, "Well, old thang, I think this is the spot for our new city: Ulundi! Yee-haw!"

"Splendid, sir...but don't you think we should build it farther south in the plains so as we won't die of disease?"

"Ummm...yeah. C'mon boys, let's moooooove on down South!"

The reply came loud and clear: "Okey-Dokey, Shaka!"
Old June 13, 2002, 12:35   #22
Space05us
King

Never mind look up and see who beat me to it while I was writing about it
---------------------------------------
BTW The guy was jumping GLEEFULLY back and forth.
Old June 13, 2002, 13:03   #23
Bella Hella
Prince

Local Time: 21:23
Shaka and the settlers, along with a worker, and a couple impi for good measure, continued to trudge south. Suddenly a small high voice from ahead shouted "Daddy! Over here!" Shakette, the 5-year old daughter of Shaka, had found a suitable city site. "Good girl!" cried Shaka as he produced a chocolate chip cookie and held it out for his daughter. "Ungawa!" everyone yelled with joy.

It was the perfect site for the city. The jungle began one square to the south, which wouldn't hinder the initial development of the city. Grassy hills to the north provided necessary minerals, and the land was green and rich. The sunlight sparkled off the flowing river which cut through the beautiful fields. Shaka affectionately watched his daughter doing a dance of happiness with one of the impi, chocolate and crumbs spewing out of her mouth as she laughed.
Old June 13, 2002, 13:11   #24
Space05us
King

The Fight between Clancy and Mah continued, one swing after another missed it's target. the warriors on the rest of the battlefield stopped just to watch these to fight. Mah barely scored a hit on Clancy's head when Clancy's club came ringing down on his head.... blackness...
-------------------------------
Mah is still alive no killing him yet
Old June 14, 2002, 08:48   #25
civman2000
Emperor

History GUy: The Inca are a barbarian tribe, just like in civ3, but aspiring to become a civ just like they have a chance of becoming one in PtW!

Mah woke up in....yet another cage! Inca were all around him, and yet he could not recognize him. He did not know his own name. He had amnesia!

Old June 23, 2002, 09:40   #26
civman2000
Emperor

bump...this doesnt have to die!

In the next few months the Inca brainwashed Mah to be a great warrior for them...and so they then started moving towards Tenochtitlan under his command....

Old June 24, 2002, 03:03   #27
hetairoi22
Warlord

Local Time: 03:23
As a Citizen of the Inca, Mah had been cured of his desease and was now held in high esteem because of his knowledge and bravery.

Aztec scouts had discovered Atahualpa and his three grand armées (only 1000 men in total), commanded by Mabulloo (Mah's new Inca name), Bitdotle and Kongilot, marching towards the Aztec heartland. Tenochtitlan had been warned and great ramparts and fortresses had been built around its borders.

Meanwhile at an Inca camp Incan "scientists" had discovered the secrets of Bronze Working, and a huge amount of spears had entered production. Atahualpa had decided to keep the camp in one place, to create spears more efficiently and to scout the area. So Mabulloo and ten men went out scouting all day but found nothing. But suddenly, after Mabulloo had fallen behind the others, he was attacked from behind and everything turned black... WHen he awoke he remembered his true self! He was lying on a large stone. No one was insight.

Last edited by hetairoi22; June 24, 2002 at 03:09.