Old October 15, 2002, 17:47   #31
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
dp

Last edited by Locutus; October 15, 2002 at 17:54.
Old October 15, 2002, 17:50   #32
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

I'll remember to act more like a wannabe-nerd next time

(No, I'm not implying John is one)
Old October 15, 2002, 17:58   #33
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:26
Old October 16, 2002, 03:46   #34
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

I'm a mathematician - that goes way beyond wannabe-nerd-ness.
Old October 16, 2002, 12:37   #35
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J Bytheway
Then just edit all the crade gamefile.txts so that the last modified dates are all the most recent. Surely that can be the only way they are sorted chronologically.
Unfortunatly it doesn't work like this. The entries appear in the order of the adding time to the directory of the *_gamefile.txt's and not in the order of the last modified dates. Otherwise I would have all the GoodMod options together. So the way to go would be to remove the *_gamefile.txt's from the ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ directory and readd them later. As I copied the content from my old Win95 computer to my new Win98 computer last year I copied the order, too.

-Martin
Old October 16, 2002, 12:42   #36
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

It works if you modify their gamefile names. I've got too many to bother with this though
Old October 18, 2002, 02:52   #37
agva
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 12:26
hi guys, i finally worked out how to play this map
i found that i dont have to edit the "NumPlayers" to anything and there's still 28 civs and it doesnt crash
tho u need to change the debugslic to No
Old October 21, 2002, 20:20   #38
bartdanr
CTP2 Source Code Project
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:26
Hi Agva, sorry it was difficult to get the scenario working for you!

Please tell me what you think of the scenario after playing it. I know that the turns can really drag in the later years, especially if you have an older machine (they drag on mine, and I have a 1.2 GHz pentium III.)
Old October 22, 2002, 08:59   #39
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Ive thought about downloading this scenario a few time but can i just clear a few things up

1) Does it allow 28 civs on the map at the same time ??? or only 8 (which i think for a map of this size would be far too little)

2) Is it compatible with MM2 and if not is there a version

3) If my first point isnt the case. Is it possible to make a version of this scenario which allowed 28 players simultaneously ???
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old October 22, 2002, 10:36   #40
agva
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 12:26
hi there, i really like this map, i'm playing as for many days and the current year is 1120BC

i feel happy with this map since it is very similar as the "real world", although i prefer more islands

one thing is that i have to play this map with apolyton pack, it makes the game really really hard to play(the native american researching the modern metallurgy at 1120BC )
but this is not a big problem since it is a challenege

my computer is 1.5ghz with 512MB ram......it works smooth for me.......hehe

how about we make it 32 nations more fun
Old October 22, 2002, 13:25   #41
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
1) Does it allow 28 civs on the map at the same time ??? or only 8 (which i think for a map of this size would be far too little)
It allows 28 civs not less not more. So if you have a slow computer then the map is a little bit to big and overpopulated.

Quote:
As agva plays it with ApolytonPack with huge problems I would say it isn't neither compartible with ApolytonPack nor with MedPack2. As it doesn't crash with ApolytonPack at least it is only compartible with the original game and CityMod2.

-Martin
Old October 22, 2002, 20:44   #42
bartdanr
CTP2 Source Code Project
Chieftain

Quote:
Ive thought about downloading this scenario a few time but can i just clear a few things up

3) If my first point isnt the case. Is it possible to make a version of this scenario which allowed 28 players simultaneously ???
On the first question, it is 27 civilizations (plus barbarians for 28) all duking it out at the same time.

On the second question, no, it is right now only made for the Super Apoylon Pack...HOWEVER, if you'd like to modify it for that, feel free to. I actually did very little to modify the work of others (Omnigod & Dorion Cedre), so I certainly wouldn't be amiss on someone else making another version of it.
Old October 22, 2002, 20:47   #43
bartdanr
CTP2 Source Code Project
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by agva
hi there, i really like this map, i'm playing as for many days and the current year is 1120BC

i feel happy with this map since it is very similar as the "real world", although i prefer more islands

one thing is that i have to play this map with apolyton pack, it makes the game really really hard to play(the native american researching the modern metallurgy at 1120BC )
but this is not a big problem since it is a challenege

my computer is 1.5ghz with 512MB ram......it works smooth for me.......hehe

how about we make it 32 nations more fun
Glad you're enjoying it now...I'm sorry about the initial problems you experienced.

Thirty-two nations would be great! If someone knows how to make this without having it crash, please do so!!! Alas, 27 was the most I could get without crashes (and even then, as you have experienced, it is not always stable.
Old October 22, 2002, 20:56   #44
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Still my favourite forum for now :)
err how do u go about making a MM2 version (would be good if u released version for cradle, MM2 as well hint )

and this is 27 civs on the same map at once on a world map (i have to have this scenario) with my P4 1.7Ghz 256RAM. Im sure ill be fine
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old December 12, 2003, 13:45   #45
rhjyyz
Settler

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum. I have started to play the 27 civ scenario. All is OK with it until about 1000-800 BC or so. The game crashes to desktop at that point. This has happened with numerous civs. So I reboot and reload the game. It loads, about 99% of the loading bar is full and then freezes. When I hit ctl-alt-del it says that CTPII is not responding. Does anyone know what's up?. Thanks