Old June 13, 2002, 10:30   #1
Bjorn
Settler

Local Time: 03:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Infrastructure
I wonder if someone has an answer to this:
When I set a town to build infrastructure it is supposed to add to the PW, but I get nothing. Furthermore, about 10% of the PW per turn which I should get is lost!
Have I missed something?

On top of that CtP2 does seem a little unstable. I have to save after every turn. The game "hangs" after about five turns of play, and I have to reboot. Frustrating!
Old June 13, 2002, 10:57   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Infrastructure
Quote:
Originally posted by Bjorn
On top of that CtP2 does seem a little unstable. I have to save after every turn. The game "hangs" after about five turns of play, and I have to reboot. Frustrating!
Are you using a Mod (Cradle or MedMod)? If so, the game is not hanging up on you but giving you, or the AI a unit or advance from a goody hut. (BTW, this is documented in the Cradle readme files). This can take anywhere from 1-2 minutes (on Cradle, at least), because of an issue with the militia SLIC code which cannot be resolved. As the goody huts are cleared out, this will end.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old June 14, 2002, 10:38   #3
Bjorn
Settler

No I'm using just the standard version, and of course with the latest patch installed.
Old June 24, 2002, 09:49   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:27
If it's so unstable and behaving so weird in terms of PW, it might be a wise idea to reinstall the game. Hopefully that will fix both problems...
Old July 13, 2002, 14:17   #5
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 19:27
Bjorn, did reinstalling help at all?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old July 14, 2002, 06:58   #6
Bjorn
Settler

First, thank you all for trying to help
No, reinstalling didn't improve anything. The game is now behaving worse. The game crashed more and more often until I had to reboot 2 or 3 times every turn.
By that time I had about 70 cities (too many?). Then I removed almost all saved files, I had over 100, and that helped a lot. Now it took a couple of turns again
before the game crashed. The "crashes" are different too: sometimes the game exits to windows (=ME), sometimes I get the blue screen, and other times I have
to press the reset button. Maybe It has something to do with the graphics card which is a Geforce 2 or the processor, a 1.1 Ghz AMD.
A new strange behaviour is now occuring: when a unit pillage, the game exits to windows!!
Old July 14, 2002, 08:41   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 04:27
Quote:
First, thank you all for trying to help
No, reinstalling didn't improve anything. The game is now behaving worse. The game crashed more and more often until I had to reboot 2 or 3 times every turn.
By that time I had about 70 cities (too many?). Then I removed almost all saved files, I had over 100, and that helped a lot. Now it took a couple of turns again
before the game crashed. The "crashes" are different too: sometimes the game exits to windows (=ME), sometimes I get the blue screen, and other times I have
to press the reset button. Maybe It has something to do with the graphics card which is a Geforce 2 or the processor, a 1.1 Ghz AMD.
That sound like a memory problem, how big is your RAM and your free hard drive space?

The numbers of cities shouldn't be the problem (if you have enough memory) you should only make shure that all your cities are happy.

Quote:
A new strange behaviour is now occuring: when a unit pillage, the game exits to windows!!
That is a know bug, I guess the tile improvement in question is owned by noone. That leads me to another question which mod do you use. The problem is addressed in MedPack2, in Cradle and of course in GoodMod and there is also a fix for Apolyton Pack available.

If you don't use any mods you can copy the following code into the script.slc in you ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder:

Code:
HandleEvent(CutImprovements)'MG_PillageImprovement' pre {
	if (CellOwner(location[0])==-1) {
		return STOP;
	}
}
Actual not a fix but a sollution. It will prevent everyone from pillaging neutral tile improvements. You can open the script.slc with any text editor of your choice I would insert the code at the end of the file.

-Martin
Old July 14, 2002, 14:44   #8
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 21:27
I have used Martin's code with much happiness. It is definitely worth it to eliminate the possibility of game crashes due to neutral tile pillaging.

Another thing that you may want to try is to start a new game then immediately load your saved game (Shift L will bring up the load game screen after your settler appears in the "new" game). I recall this working for me in CtP1, so maybe it's worth a try. Please get back with us if anything works or if nothing works - the folks here at the Apolyton forums are always coming up with ingenious ideas!