Old June 13, 2002, 18:43   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Fighter Pilot
I made this story out of boredom while waiting for people to post on the 'SNESA3:World War 3' thread. The quit lo-down; Im Switzerland and Im at war with Russia, my current airforce is comprised of F-5 fighters, the Russian airforce is comprised of paper airplanes at my best guess, as they have been too lazy to post thier army details.
It hasn't been proofread, so enjoy mistakes and all!

As I step into the cockpit of my F-5 I can feel my heart pounding, my breathing is getting heavy. I put on my helmet and mask, grip the stick and Im ready to go. I await my order for take off, while three planes almost identical to mine do the same right infront of me. They start to move then I here it "Tiger, you are clear for takeoff" as I release the brakes the plane slowly creeps foward, then I put the throttle on. Slowly I'm push back into the Italian leather seat. Once Im in the air I join my group and away we go, we're off to patrol the skies over Russia. For the first 20 minutes or so there's no action but then I spot something, I radio my squad commander, "Sit tight," he tells me "They're coming our way!" Nervously I grip the stick ready to arm my missles, or fire my gun at any point. Then after 3 long tortureous minutes we can clearly see the enemy, and he can see us. He dives down in an attempt to pull behind me but I know what to expect, so I roll and follow him into a loop. I come out on top! I arm my missles.... LOCK!..... "MIssle 0ne, away" I yell over the radio..... miss... it missed. I only have one missle left, "better save it for now" I think to myself. I open up with my machine guns, he banks hard to the right I follow. Slowly we descend in a large loop, getting closer to the ground... then I heard a noise... a popping noise almost like popcorn "PULL UP, PULL UP!!" I hear over my radio but it's too late the flak has hit my left wing and destroyed it. Only one hope left I punch out! Out of the top of my plane I fly, sort of like an amusement ride except I can see my friends as they too are getting shot down... suddenly I feel a hard thud to my chest which quickly turns into a piercing sharp pain, which slowely fades to a numb hot spot as I go.......down......down.......