Old August 7, 2002, 18:14   #331
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey, anybody know where the father of the chick locked in Tel Fyr is? I rescued some girl from the storage room there, and she says "Go talk to my father about a reward, I don't know where he is though but you should ask Johnny Wutang" or something, but when I talk to Johnny Wutang (I forget his real name, he's some Redoran councelor) I don't get any dialogue options to ask where this chick's dad is at. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Is this some sort of Redoran house quest that I stumbled across or something?
Old August 7, 2002, 18:20   #332
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
If I play it again, I'll pick a Dark Elf... Imperials are very bland.
Bah, Bretons are the best race. Their intrinsics (+50% magicka, +50% resistance to magicka) are the most useful throughout the game, especially when you couple the Breton race with being born under the Apprentice (for a total of +200% magicka and +0% resistance to magicka). The only way to possibly get that many spellpoints otherwise is to be born under the Atronach (and stunted magicka is a very risky business).

Argonians have some good intrinsics too, but they're too easily emulated with a Ring of Swimming (Constant Effect: Water Breathing and Swift Swim, and all it cost me was the soul of a Golden Saint). Besides, I wanna wear boots.
Old August 7, 2002, 18:53   #333
Tuberski

Local Time: 21:34
Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger

Bah, Bretons are the best race. Their intrinsics (+50% magicka, +50% resistance to magicka) are the most useful throughout the game, especially when you couple the Breton race with being born under the Apprentice (for a total of +200% magicka and +0% resistance to magicka). The only way to possibly get that many spellpoints otherwise is to be born under the Atronach (and stunted magicka is a very risky business).

Argonians have some good intrinsics too, but they're too easily emulated with a Ring of Swimming (Constant Effect: Water Breathing and Swift Swim, and all it cost me was the soul of a Golden Saint). Besides, I wanna wear boots.
That's fine if you are making a magic using character. I've learned that I rarely use a lot of magic, other than for levitate spells.

MY most commonly used levitate spell lasts, I believe, 7 seconds and costs 1 MP to use. So with 80 INT I can still cast levitate 80 times.

Originally, my levitate spell was siply a training aid, but it turned out to be quite useful.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old August 7, 2002, 19:48   #334
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Exactly! Dark Elf is the best for me, because I like fighter characters over mages.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old August 7, 2002, 20:10   #335
Tuberski

Also when making a new character, get your luck up as high as you can at the beginning.

Reason? You can't advance luck more than 1 point when you gain a level, as none of the skills use luck as their attribute.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old August 7, 2002, 20:31   #336
Eroberer
King

That's good advice about the luck. A while back I started donating just one coin to the luck attribute, which I credit for finding so many great soul gems, and expensive weapons.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:36   #337
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
Try playing again and finish the game as a vampire (it's VERY tough, but i heard it is possible) ... that should offer a whole different play-experience.
I thought it was supposed to be impossible. Somebody came up with a mod to make certain items available that were needed to complete the main quest but which apparently couldn't be obtained by a vampire...

I just cannot get over how big this thing is. I must've spent 60-odd hours on it and have uncovered only about 5% of the darned map, if that. Wow.

Has anybody tried any of the major mods out for it yet?
I've got that new version of the armourer-mod (make your own armour - just like potions), Moon-something fortress, Castlevania (Dracula?) and a few other bits'n'pieces but I haven't even gotten to the parts of the map where they're accessible yet.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:41   #338
Tuberski

About the only mod I use right now is the signpost mod. the others I will use after I complete the main quest.

Alot of mods seem to make the character overpowered.
Old August 7, 2002, 20:43   #339
Imran Siddiqui
staff

I haven't used any mods, but I might... who knows.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old August 7, 2002, 21:14   #340
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
So if you have a high luck score you will actually find more objects?

How does that work, any one figure out what luck is good for?
Old August 7, 2002, 21:44   #341
Tuberski

Luck pretty much affects EVERYTHING that you do. It isn't the most important for any skill, but it has an effect on ALL skills.
Old August 7, 2002, 21:50   #342
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ravagon
I thought it was supposed to be impossible. Somebody came up with a mod to make certain items available that were needed to complete the main quest but which apparently couldn't be obtained by a vampire...
You can win the game as a vampire, but it is extremely difficult. You'll have to talk to the right people (there are a few people who don't care whether or not you're a vampire) and kill some people who you ordinarily wouldn't have to kill (and who are so unbelievably powerful that you wouldn't want to kill them), but it is possible. The biggest problem is that there's nobody to tell you were to go next, since you're KOS to most folks.
Old August 8, 2002, 03:02   #343
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 02:34
Ah well that makes up for a good third charachter

Btw, I am a nordic pilgrim born in steed sign, and that is why I have already at 100 speed. Plus nords are cool as 100% resistance to frost, I am thinking to become a super charachter i only need to build up magicka, and make a 100 points frost spell, or ring. And that is it for most of the powerful opponenets.

Anyway the Frost Atronarch is not much of an opponent for me
but is actually a great guardian.

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 8, 2002, 22:16   #344
Tuberski

I haven't had a whole lot of trouble with frost atronachs anyway.

I hate the little Scribs, the bugs you don't have to fight?

They paralyze you! Pain in the butt.
Old August 9, 2002, 12:55   #345
Imran Siddiqui
staff

The first Frost Atronarch I faced, on the road to Molag Amur (to do a quest for the Mage's Guild in Balmora), the Frost Atronarch was a pain in my ass. Then I just used a few Destruction spells and killed him, barely saving myself from death by quaffing a potion.

Scribs are simple. Cliff Razors are the annoying things.
Old August 9, 2002, 13:37   #346
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Question for anybody who's doing Thieve's Guild quests: Where's the Hlervu Locket in the Venim Manor (in Ald'Ruhn)? I've torn the place apart looking for it, but it hasn't turned up anywhere. I doubt that I've inadvertently picked it up previously, since I haven't really gone on a stealing frenzy through the place before this...
Old August 9, 2002, 13:38   #347
November Adam
Prince

Scribs and Cliff Racers are great for practicing your marksman skill... actually so are bull netches... betty netches are a little more difficult though.
Old August 9, 2002, 14:23   #348
Eroberer
King

loinburger, that sucks man. I have the locket myself, and I didn't know it was a quest or anything. I think I found it in one of the rooms in the guard's quarters, but I couldn't swear to it. If you've actually tried unlocking everything in the whole place and still haven't found it, then I'm sorry!
Old August 9, 2002, 14:51   #349
November Adam
Prince

Yep, it sucks when you find a quest item, and sell it before you realize you need it.

At least the shopkeepers hang on to the item, and it doesn't vanish like some games will do.

Although its kinda funny if you sell good items to the shopkeepers and they like it they will equip it.

The Nord smith in the fighters guild in Aldrunn, is now wearing an oridinators helm.
Old August 9, 2002, 17:38   #350
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Found the damn thing. I was looking in the chests, when the whole time the locket was on a chest. Sonuva*****.

November Adam: I think that the people automatically equip their best items so that you can't pickpocket them. Anything that isn't actually being worn is fair game otherwise.
Old August 9, 2002, 18:16   #351
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 02:34
Well you can always kill the guy

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 9, 2002, 19:28   #352
Tuberski

Quote:
Question for anybody who's doing Thieve's Guild quests: Where's the Hlervu Locket in the Venim Manor (in Ald'Ruhn)? I've torn the place apart looking for it, but it hasn't turned up anywhere. I doubt that I've inadvertently picked it up previously, since I haven't really gone on a stealing frenzy through the place before this...

Funny thing about this quest....

After I found it in Venim Manor, I went to the Manor right next to it, There were 3 or 4 of them in there!
Old August 9, 2002, 21:40   #353
Zkribbler
Deity

Quote:
Found the damn thing. I was looking in the chests, when the whole time the locket was on a chest. Sonuva*****.
(sorry, i know i should be more sympathetic but...)
Old August 10, 2002, 00:56   #354
Eroberer
King

loinburger, I remember that now. that is where it was for me, too. =)

About merchants equiping stuff you sell them, on another forum I read about a guy who made an 80k amulet of drain health that he then sold to a merchant, who equipped it, and promptly fell dead.
Old August 10, 2002, 13:28   #355
November Adam
Prince

You know what seems rather annoying, is that you can spend 50,000 gp enchanting an item, and it's not even worth more than the item it was cast on. Seems strange.

Example, I enchanted a daedric spear, with both frost and fire, and it didn't even increase in value!
Old August 10, 2002, 15:11   #356
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
About merchants equiping stuff you sell them, on another forum I read about a guy who made an 80k amulet of drain health that he then sold to a merchant, who equipped it, and promptly fell dead.

--

Update: Before going to kill the Sixth House and Dagoth Gares... I've decided to do some Hlaluu quests, and also some Fighter Guild stuff. I'm Level 11 now. Don't want to be too weak before I stride in there .
Old August 10, 2002, 17:00   #357
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What annoys me are all of these idiot slaves who won't let you release them unless you've got the right key. Fer crying out loud, I've got a level 100 Open spell and the Skeleton Key! If they're going to be *****es about me releasing them, then oh well.
Old August 10, 2002, 17:04   #358
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Update: Before going to kill the Sixth House and Dagoth Gares... I've decided to do some Hlaluu quests, and also some Fighter Guild stuff. I'm Level 11 now. Don't want to be too weak before I stride in there .
Don't wait too long, though. I found a fantastic pair of Heavy gauntlets in there: armor level of 300 (Daedric armor is typically 266), and they fortify my Strength and Agility by about 20 points. Wutang! Once you put them on you'll never want to take them off.
Old August 10, 2002, 18:21   #359
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Woot!! I better do that quick... well... maybe after I get all the paperwork in line to build my Stronghold .
Old August 10, 2002, 18:41   #360
Eroberer
King

The last time I played a couple days ago, I was heading off to smite the Sixth house, but the game crashed and I said the hell with it. The game now crashes about every fifth load.