Old August 25, 2002, 20:16   #451
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Spoiler Alert

Boethiah gives you the easiest quest and a kickass Katana as your reward, but his shrine is extremely difficult to find because it's underwater and ruined. Just north of Hla Oad there's a Daedric shrine (Ahur-something). Dive into the water next to it and head west, and look around for a Daedric shrine. If you're diligent you'll eventually find a ruined underwater Daedric shrine and a large broken statue. Talk to the statue's head and you'll get Boethiah's quest. (Once you've done everything you need to complete the quest, you still need to wait two or three weeks to collect your reward. Trust me, it's worth it.)

Malacath's shrine is in Assuridarapal (or something along those lines), near the Sanctus Shrine (up in the Sheogorad region). You get a spiffy helm for completing his quest, which isn't very difficult.

Mehrunes Dagon's shrine is in Yassamidan (or something), and is at the northwest tip of the map. You get a nice dagger for completing his quest.

Mephala's shrine is in the Morag Tong headquarters in Vivec. You get the Ring of Khajit for completing her quest.

Sheogorath's shrine is in the underwords of Vivec (I think it was either St. Delyn's canton or St. Olms's canton). You get a nice spear for completing his quest, but his quest is IMO the most difficult out of all of the ones I performed.

I haven't found Molag Bal's shrine yet.

Boethiah's quest is the easiest to perform (once you manage to find his shrine, which is no easy task), and IMO gives the best reward (with the possible exception of Azura's Star, which is fantastic). Malacath's quest is also worth doing if you can wear heavy armor. As for the rest, I just sold the weapons I was rewarded--once you start the end-game you wind up with a glut of "good but not absolutely fantastic" weapons.
Old August 25, 2002, 21:20   #452
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 20:35
I can't seem to find Llether Vari for the life of me

anyone able to help?

Jon Miller
Old August 25, 2002, 21:44   #453
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Who? What quest are you talking about? All of these names look the same after awhile...
Old August 25, 2002, 21:56   #454
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I talked to this guy and he gave me a bunch of stuff to return to different shop keepers in the town where the Redoran House Seat is (the council and stuff). All of the shop keepers should be in town, and I found found all of them but the aformentioned one. The guy I got the stuff from had sold his house to the temple and was studying to be a preist after I helped convince him to do so.

thanks,
Jon Miller
Old August 26, 2002, 03:59   #455
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Local Time: 02:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No Idea who is he??? Doesn't some link appear when you talk to other people in the town?

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 26, 2002, 11:00   #456
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:35
Did you find the shop in the big Skar shell?
Old August 26, 2002, 16:36   #457
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I have found shops there, but no shop where Llether Vari is (Apparently he or she sold a shoe)

Jon Miller
Old August 26, 2002, 16:42   #458
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

He's an Enchanter in the big Skar shell. When you enter the shell, switch to your Local map and enlarge it until it maps the entire inside of the Shell. Llethar Vari's shop is on the ground level, I think towards the northeast corner of the shell; just check all of the doors on your local map until you find him.
Old August 26, 2002, 19:08   #459
November Adam
Prince

Hey loin, you said :

Mehrunes Dagon's shrine is in Yassamidan (or something), and is at the northwest tip of the map. You get a nice dagger for completing his quest.

Where exactly is the fellow that this quest is about?
Old August 26, 2002, 19:30   #460
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Varner Hleras is a corpse in the Alas Ancestral Tomb. You won't find the Razor on Hleras's corpse, but you'll find a Rusty Dagger. Bring this Rusty Dagger back to Mehrunes Dagon and he'll transform it into the Razor.

The Alas Ancestral Tomb is southwest of the Erimbemsum (sp) Ashlander camp. It's set in one of the Foyadas.
Old August 26, 2002, 21:36   #461
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I found him

Jon Miller
Old August 28, 2002, 16:20   #462
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quick Q. When I enchant a weapon to do elemental damage or similar to the person I'm hitting, I obviously select "cast on striking", or whatever that one is - but do I tell it to cast on Touch or on Target?

I'm going to have to cheat, I'm afraid. Killing the Verethi gang ouside Pelagiad (I think it was that one), I got an amulet of Summon Ancestor Ghost. Then the game crashed (which it does distressingly often). On doing the quest again, the amulet was missing. I shall have to see if I can edit my character to get it back.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old August 28, 2002, 17:19   #463
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Have it cast on Touch. I've never tried having it cast on Target, so I don't know if it'll cast its spell whenever you swing the weapon or if it'll only cast its spell when you make contact. If the latter, then casting on Target is useless. If the former, then I'd still advise against it, since Touch spells are so much cheaper.

Speaking of which, there's a trick to casting uber-power area-effect spells: make them Touch instead of Target. Run into the middle of a crowd of baddies (easy to do if your Speed+Athletics and/or Strength+Acrobatics are at respectable levels), cast your 50-ft area-effect spell on the fellow in the middle, and watch everybody's health melt away. Targetted spells just sap your spell points way to quickly, and if you've got stunted magicka like me then you've got to make ever spell point count... Making a spell "targetted" significantly increases its cost, but increasing its area of effect is practically free.
Old August 29, 2002, 00:48   #464
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

wow

Anhissa is great

she is the best

I just got 40000 from her for doing nothing
(and she has made it so I could get much, much more, I just did not bother to in the past)

it is sort of cool with her too, the reason why she gave me stuff worth 40000 (it is weapons) is that a gave her a robe worth 4000 which she had told me how to steal so that there was no risk to me

BWT, what is the best of these two houses to go to: Rendoran and Halulu

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 01:04   #465
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Telvanni.
Old August 29, 2002, 01:10   #466
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

I am not a mage

I want to play the game twice

so this time I am doing no magic (just some alchemy)

next time I will be a mage (And go to the Telvanni)

I am actually mostly a fighter, but have been spending a lot on my theif skills because I like the stuff they do

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 01:30   #467
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

If you're zero-mage, then yeah, avoid the Telvanni. In order to advance you'll need to go looking for spells and whatnot, which you'd never use.

If you're mostly fighter, then I think that Redoran is the way to go. Hlalu, AFAIK, focuses more on diplomacy than straight-up combat.

If you're Redoran then you're also in good stead with the Tribunal Temple. Hlalu will help your faction with Imperial guilds (like the Fighter's guild). Telvanni seem to do nothing but hurt your faction with everybody (albeit not very much).
Old August 29, 2002, 01:35   #468
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

but I am a fighter/diplomat (and I have spent a lot boosting my theif scores)

merchant and speechcraft are both major skills of mine

(the others are long blade, armorer (bad idea), and medium armor)

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 01:37   #469
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
If you're zero-mage, then yeah, avoid the Telvanni. In order to advance you'll need to go looking for spells and whatnot, which you'd never use.

If you're mostly fighter, then I think that Redoran is the way to go. Hlalu, AFAIK, focuses more on diplomacy than straight-up combat.

If you're Redoran then you're also in good stead with the Tribunal Temple. Hlalu will help your faction with Imperial guilds (like the Fighter's guild). Telvanni seem to do nothing but hurt your faction with everybody (albeit not very much).
as far as guilds, I am heavily into the imperial cult and imperial soldiers

as well as the fighters guild and theives guild

(I have done a little alchemy with the mage guild also, they are not important to me though)

I am of course also a blade

I will probably try and become Mong Tong or whatever it is

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 01:39   #470
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

If you're heavily into imperial guilds then you'll probably want to join Hlalu just for the faction bonuses. Hlalu are basically Imperials in funny armor.
Old August 29, 2002, 01:40   #471
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

thanks

I will do that then

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 01:43   #472
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Wait, scratch that. If you're a fighter type then you don't want Hlalu. I had thought that Redoran and Hlalu were basically the same (with Hlalu having more focus on diplomacy), but Hlalu is basically a "thieves" house while Redoran is a "warriors" house. Redoran favored skills are all combat, while Hlalu favored skills are more light combat (light armor, short blades, etc.) and diplomatic skills (speechcraft, mercantile, etc.). Go with Redoran, the faction bonuses are better with Hlalu but they just aren't worth it in the long run.
Old August 29, 2002, 08:39   #473
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

my other stats are aerobatics, atheletics, blocking, heavy armor, and spear

so now which is better?

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 08:40   #474
Jon Miller
staff
OTF Moderator

oh and I have (for other reasons) spent a lot of money upping Security and Sneak (they are of the level of good minor skills or poor major skills)

Jon Miller
Old August 29, 2002, 09:07   #475
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Redoran. I don't think that Hlalu makes use of actual thieving skills (Security and Sneak), just pseudo-thieving skils (Light Armor, Mercantile, Short Blade).
Old August 29, 2002, 09:41   #476
November Adam
Prince

wow, this game is very difficult if you are a begginer mage. I decided to create an alchemist, with a minor in enchantment. With some weapon skills, and speechcraft thrown in, but no mercantile (silly me). I am at level 6 now and have a speech craft of 74, and a personality around there too. My character sat down with some slaves and asked them to help him with his admiration skills.

Now as I've never enchnanted, or recharged an item before how do you do it?
Old August 29, 2002, 10:03   #477
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

In your inventory screen, you drag a filled soul gem over your character's portrait.

Edit: just in case you haven't bought any encantments either, you ought to know that creating a Constant Effect item is only possible with a Golden Saint or Ascended Sleeper soul. An Ash Vampire soul might work also, but AFAIK the Ash Vampires are immune to soul trap. (They may just be very quick to Dispel negative buffs, however.)

Last edited by loinburger; August 29, 2002 at 11:51.
Old August 29, 2002, 15:27   #478
November Adam
Prince

Ya I still have the bug with changing soul gems, to be able to get constant effects with smaller soul gems.
Old August 30, 2002, 04:19   #479
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Hmmm... who is Ascended Sleeper?

I don't think I have run accross one of them yet.

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old August 30, 2002, 07:44   #480
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

They're these monsters in robes with tentacles coming out of their faces. You'll find quite a few in Sixth House bases and whatnot, as well as around Dagoth-Ur.