Old June 18, 2002, 17:01   #31
JohnIII
Warlord

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Whoops, I did that arse-end-first. A rating of 0 doesn't mean that they will attack you. 'Goodbye' does. But if you constantly fail with taunting, you reach 0 and it is very hard to bring that back up without bribery.
Old June 18, 2002, 20:45   #32
Tuberski

Local Time: 21:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
True John, but if you are trying to start a fight, it doesn't matter whether the rating is 0 or not. In fact I don't remember a fight starting with anybody with the rating above 0.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 19, 2002, 04:46   #33
JohnIII
Warlord

If you are starting a fight, just him them.
Old June 19, 2002, 19:17   #34
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnIII
If you are starting a fight, just him them.
In town that will get you arrested, unless you taunt them into attacking first.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 19, 2002, 19:48   #35
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 20:34
The Morrowind PC patch is out: http://www.bethsoft.com/downloads/pa..._v1.1.0605.exe

Quote:
We've released a patch for North American version of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. This patch is NOT for the European version. We will release a European version of the patch shortly. You can get the North American patch through www.elderscrolls.com, or directly at http://www.bethsoft.com/downloads/pa..._v1.1.0605.exe

The patch includes a number of fixes and added features. Here's a short list of some of the added features:

• An auto run feature has been added. You can now continue to run forward when you press the Q key on your keyboard once. This will cause you to run forward until you press the autorun key a second time or the back or forward movement keys.
  • A Health Bar for NPCs and creatures has been added for when you are in combat. An orange health bar for the creature or NPC you are currently in combat with will now appear above your own health bar on the lower left part of the screen. This health bar will only appear when you are attacking a creature or NPC and will slowly fade out if you stop attacking. It will also update to a different creature or NPC's health if you switch targets in the middle of combat.
  • Added Difficulty slider to Preference menu under Options. The Difficulty slider has 200 different settings that will either increase the amount of damage you deal and receive or reduce the amount of damage you deal or receive, depending on where you set the slider.
  • The user can now load multiple plug-ins without losing references when both plug-ins affect the same cell. This means that if you have 2 or more plug-ins that add or remove references from, for example, Fort Moonmoth, you will be able to keep all of the additions or removals from all the loaded plug-ins.
    We'll have several new official plugins coming out shortly, as well as the Exporter that will allow users to export 3D Studio Max models for use in Morrowind mods, etc.
  • __________________
    "I'll never doubt you again when it comes to hockey, [Prince] Asher." - Guynemer
    Old June 19, 2002, 22:06   #36
    Tuberski

Thanks Asher, I'll D/L when I get home.

Old June 20, 2002, 04:43   #37
    JohnIII
    Warlord

Tuberski, I know, but they often don't attack at 0.

Asher, thanks, but damn, it's only the NA version.
    Old June 20, 2002, 05:39   #38
    Drew Dude
    Settler

I thinking of buying it on the Xbox rather than the PC. Does anybody if there are any differences between the two versions?
    Old June 20, 2002, 06:34   #39
    Grumbold
    Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
    You won't get patches, nor will you get the editor or the ability to incorporate other professional or amateur plugins. To the best of my knowledge the original gameplay itself is the same across both platforms.
    Old June 20, 2002, 10:15   #40
    Lemmy
    Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
    King

Local Time: 04:34
    i got it
    i like it so far, playing as a thief character, jsut went to that first ciuty and joined the thief guild

already did one job for them, gonna do some more i think.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
    Old June 20, 2002, 14:53   #41
    Asher
    Apolytoners Hall of Fame
    President of the OT

Local Time: 20:34
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Grumbold
    You won't get patches, nor will you get the editor or the ability to incorporate other professional or amateur plugins. To the best of my knowledge the original gameplay itself is the same across both platforms.
    The developers have stated there are "hooks" in the game to allow for addons. Possible ways for these addons will be distribution via download on Xbox Live, or a "booster disc" like what DOA3 had -- a DVD you plop in, it copies the contents to the HD, and the game recognizes it and plays it.

The Xbox version will never have the construction set, though, so if you want to make mods yourself you'd definitely get the PC version.
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:12   #42
    November Adam
    Prince

Local Time: 19:34
    I wonder what kind of boosters they will have for this game?

So does any one know what the point of Hllorma (sp?), the rund down keep west of Balmora is for?

I went there, was attacked by every humanoid on the main keep levels, then all of the humanoids (I think there where 2) on the upper levels where willing to talk to me. Very strange.

I have the X-Box version and like it.

One thing I wish they would have done is made the magic quick box a little less inclusive.

You have to scroll through evry spell, every scroll, every magic item, and every natural ability, but you can only go one direction.
    What a pain in the butt, especially if you are in battle.
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:18   #43
    Lemmy
    King

man, this is actually difficult if you're not concentrating on your fighting skills, i have to get past this bridge, but there's mage on it who will attack me if i get near.

i can still shoot the bow and arrow though, i managed to keep his conjured skeleton thingies off me for a while, but his lightning bolts or something killed me eventually.

maybe if i try an invisibility spell

does anyone know if there are some unusual things you can do with a marksmanship skill?
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:29   #44
    November Adam
    Prince

You could try a calm humanoid spell, that may work.
    Or a scroll of icarian flight and jump over him.
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:42   #45
    Lemmy
    King

did i mention i'm still level 1?
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:47   #46
    JohnIII
    Warlord

Don't fight him. Either a) get him to chase you to the fort (I think this would work...) or b) do some other quests. I did it at about level 4.
    Old June 20, 2002, 16:56   #47
    Lemmy
    King

ok, another possible quest is one for the thieves guild, i have to get a key for a house, it's the 2nd thief quest in Balmora.
    Two people have a key, now the Fallout player insides me says i should pickpocket it, but can't find out how do to that in Morrowind, so maybe i can get the key through some dialogue?
    Old June 20, 2002, 17:07   #48
    November Adam
    Prince

to pick a pocket enter sneak mode, and then initiate dialogue, this will bring up there inventry screen.
    At least thats how you do it on the x-box.

careful though they will probably feel it and attack you, your skilss probably arent high enough yet.
    Old June 20, 2002, 17:08   #49
    Lemmy
    King

time for some good old loading and saving
    Old June 20, 2002, 18:05   #50
    Eroberer
    King

Excellent game. Very fun to play.

Here's a story:

Ok, I took on those theives in the first city that you're in. You might have heard rumors about them or something when you first started a game, they're in a cave near the stilt strider. I figured they'd be easy, but they definitely were not.

There are three people to kill. The first one was actually quite difficult, and it took me three tries, but at least I was able to sleep to regain health after I finally beat her.

The second one was more than impossible, so I resorted to cheating. I went up the stairs to the left before the guy could run up to me and start casting spells, and I got inside the prisoner's hold. I thought the prisoners would help me, but I died about five times before I figured out that they wouldn't (and if I accidently took a swing at them, they'd attack me even though I'd just freed them).

So eventually I noticed that the NPC could not open the gate. If he tried, he'd open it right into himself and then get stuck on it, and attempt to run away then casually walk away but could not. I also noticed that one of the prisoners occassionally stands in front of the door, so what I did was I jumped on top of him there and took swing after swing at the bad NPC. This didn't really work.

I could not hit him very near all of the times I swung. I forgot how I eventually got him to the left side of the door so that I could stand on some rocks or something (or maybe it was the prisoner's head).

But anyway, I was rewarded with much less than I was hoping for on his body. I'm also sure that there is some, less embarassing way to beat this guy.

The third person I would not have beaten had some wizard in a remote piece of the land near that fist town not spawned near me and then died suddenly while I was lost. I was actually going to give up on this thing. I did end up getting about 200 or so gold coins worth of stuff from some barrels and such, I believe.
    Old June 20, 2002, 18:09   #51
    JohnIII
    Warlord

I found them pretty easy, coming back after a while. Sometimes you just have to say: Schtop! This quesht ish not ready yet.
    Old June 20, 2002, 21:07   #52
    Chowlett
    Alpha Centauri PBEM
    King

Ok, so where is the Dwemer Puzzle box? I've killed about 6 people in the "ruins" (including the guy with the axe, who was somewhat tough, and required multiple save/loads. He was eventually brought down by fireball and hotkeyed healing potions), and the only place I haven't yet checked is behind the locked door. I'm going to have to use a spell on it.

On the plus side, I do have a lot of Dwemer coins and valuable junk. Now I just need someone to buy them - any suggestions?
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
    Old June 20, 2002, 21:16   #53
    Tuberski

Quote:
    Originally posted by Chowlett
    Ok, so where is the Dwemer Puzzle box? I've killed about 6 people in the "ruins" (including the guy with the axe, who was somewhat tough, and required multiple save/loads. He was eventually brought down by fireball and hotkeyed healing potions), and the only place I haven't yet checked is behind the locked door. I'm going to have to use a spell on it.

On the plus side, I do have a lot of Dwemer coins and valuable junk. Now I just need someone to buy them - any suggestions?
    When you first go into the ruins, you go down a ramp and there are two people at the bottom, if you look above them you will see another area with a ramp leading up to it. go up there and through the door. It's on a shelf in there.

I spent a LONG time looking for it.

Go to Caldera and there is a house there with a short creature that gives you full value for what you sell him.
    Old June 21, 2002, 04:37   #54
    JohnIII
    Warlord

Yeah, he's called 'Creeper' and constantly has 5000 gold.
    Old June 21, 2002, 07:10   #55
    Grumbold
    Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
    I managed the thieves pretty early but I had toured round the beaches getting a few skill points in weapon first. The caster was nasty but after many attempts I managed to swap between weapon and heal spell fast enough to keep myself alive.
    Old June 21, 2002, 14:41   #56
    Eroberer
    King

They were my first kills and skill points. =P I assumed they'd be easy because that's what Daggerfall did, it wouldn't let you know about hard stuff till when you were supposed to be ready, pretty much.

Thank you kindly for the directions to the little box. That's the mission I just got.
    Old June 21, 2002, 17:14   #57
    Eroberer
    King

About the "Creeper," could you please provide some directions to this house, perhaps? Is it a store or a house, like you said? Thank you!
    Old June 21, 2002, 17:24   #58
    JohnIII
    Warlord

He's in the Orc Mansion in Caldera. I can't remember the actual name of the place, but it is [orcish_name] Mansion.

Also, he doesn't buy ingredients, so don't try to sell him those precious stones or Dreugh Wax or whatever.
    Old June 21, 2002, 18:53   #59
    Tuberski

He doesn't buy books or clothes either.
    Old June 21, 2002, 23:27   #60
    Tuberski

Quote:
    Originally posted by Asher
    The Morrowind PC patch is out: http://www.bethsoft.com/downloads/pa..._v1.1.0605.exe

Why does it try to run Quicktime for Windows when I try to download it???????