Old June 22, 2002, 00:42   #61
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Does anyone know if you have to increase your expeience in whichever school of magic that soultrap is in, to catch more difficult monsters souls?

I tried to catch the souls of a daedra lord, a hunger, and a twilight "thingy", but it didn't work. I used the spell from a scroll, it seemed to have took (glowy mist around the critter), and I killed the critter in the alloted time. I also have plenty of soul gems. I wonder if I need more expensive gems to capture these critters?

If so where can I find empty really expensive soul gems?
Old June 22, 2002, 13:10   #62
Eroberer
King

Local Time: 21:34
The girl upstairs at at the Balmora Mages Guild sells them. Also, you can steal them off the shelves in the Caldera Mages Guild...apparently that is like their "supply chest," I dunno. I dunno what would've happened if I had've tried to leave the guild with that stuff (plus a full set of master's alchemy junk up in their tower).

Btw, why is my Strength attribute or whatever in red? It does not appear to be lower than it should be. I know I got a disease once and my Agility was red and at zero, and I did a cure common disease spell on myself and it fixed it. But the common disease fix will not fix this....anything else I should try? Thank you!
Old June 22, 2002, 13:13   #63
Eroberer
King

Tuberski, try to find file associations. It's in Windows Explorer or My Computer, tools menu, folder options, file types, and see if you have .exe's set to run with quicktime for some odd reason.

D'oh, just read your full post. That's funny. =) try to get the file from fileplanet or Gamespot or something. Good luck!
Old June 22, 2002, 13:30   #64
November Adam
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Eroberer
The girl upstairs at at the Balmora Mages Guild sells them. Also, you can steal them off the shelves in the Caldera Mages Guild...apparently that is like their "supply chest," I dunno. I dunno what would've happened if I had've tried to leave the guild with that stuff (plus a full set of master's alchemy junk up in their tower).

Btw, why is my Strength attribute or whatever in red? It does not appear to be lower than it should be. I know I got a disease once and my Agility was red and at zero, and I did a cure common disease spell on myself and it fixed it. But the common disease fix will not fix this....anything else I should try? Thank you!
Get a restore strength potion and that should fix it.
Old June 22, 2002, 13:33   #65
JohnIII
Warlord

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You can see your current enhancements, etc. by brining up the inventory and mouse-overing the icons in the bottom right corner.
Old June 22, 2002, 14:36   #66
Eroberer
King

Thanks, my strength was down 7 points! Any idea how this could've happened? Disease? Spell? Thanks again!
Old June 22, 2002, 19:50   #67
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Is it possible to complete the Fargoth's Stash quest after initally declining to help? I've done what a firend told me I had to (Spoiler: Climb the lighthouse, wait until night-time and then watch Fargoth), but Fargoth didn't do what he was expected to, and the location I know it to be in contains nothing.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old June 23, 2002, 02:52   #68
Eroberer
King

Where did you get that mission?
Old June 23, 2002, 05:03   #69
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 04:34
in Balmora in one of the bars, i got it too, but didn't do it.
i think the guy is in the council club.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old June 23, 2002, 13:21   #70
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
November Adam: You need expensive soul gems for the more powerful souls (I think anything more powerful than a Dremora will require a Grand Soul Gem, meaning Dremora Lords, Winged Twilights, Ascended Sleepers, etc.). I still haven't found any empty Grand Soul Gems, though, and I don't think that there are very many in the game. However, there's an artifact Soul Gem that acts as a Grand Soul Gem but is also reusable. You'll need to be a decent level before trying to get it, though.

Ereborer: You might have been Blighted or something. Blight requires a different cure than Common disease. It probably wasn't a spell that lowered your strength, since those tend to wear off after awhile.
Old June 23, 2002, 13:27   #71
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Here's something to be on the lookout for: I completed a Writ of Execution for the Morag Tong, but when I presented my Writ to an Ordinator he let me go but also took all of my stolen items away from me! This was quite painful, seeing as how over half of my (ebony!) armor was stolen, not to mention about 20,000 GP worth of gems and ingredients. Ouch. Now I've insvested some cash in Sneak training as well as a 100% Chameleon spell (it's only active for ten seconds, but that's long enough)--I get a one-hit kill with my Dai-Katana against most enemies if I score a critical, so this way nobody reports my crime and I get to keep my stolen goods.
Old June 23, 2002, 19:26   #72
Eroberer
King

So I give them to an ordinator? I was not given any instructions on what to do with this writ, and the dialogs with the ordinator do not have anything to say about the writ. What's up? What do I do?
Old June 23, 2002, 19:26   #73
Eroberer
King

Also, where'd you get all the ebony stuff? I can't seem to get any really interesting quests that take me to great materials. I've found bone-mold and that's it!
Old June 23, 2002, 19:49   #74
Eroberer
King

Alright, I went ahead with the murder and I now see that you have to present the writ AFTER the job is done. Those damned civilians kept getting in my way, too. That makes no sense.

And also, all of my stuff is still here after presenting the writ, including some 5000 gold worth of limeware pots that I "stole" from a place...dunno if this counts as stealing, though. I had no bounty on my head or anything, so that may be why.
Old June 23, 2002, 21:36   #75
November Adam
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
November Adam: You need expensive soul gems for the more powerful souls (I think anything more powerful than a Dremora will require a Grand Soul Gem, meaning Dremora Lords, Winged Twilights, Ascended Sleepers, etc.). I still haven't found any empty Grand Soul Gems, though, and I don't think that there are very many in the game. However, there's an artifact Soul Gem that acts as a Grand Soul Gem but is also reusable. You'll need to be a decent level before trying to get it, though.
How do you mean reusable? Where did you find this artifact?
Old June 24, 2002, 03:34   #76
SuperSneak
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
If you can get in the tower and find the Staff of Baldour, you won't need those gems at all.
never neglectful, never indulgent.
Old June 24, 2002, 04:39   #77
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Any thoughts on Fargoth?
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old June 24, 2002, 09:59   #78
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ereborer: How did you "steal" the limeware? If you lifted it from a dungeon or something, then it isn't stolen. Most of my gems were lifted from alchemists and treasuries, though, and were very definitely stolen material.

Most of my good armor (ebony helm, ebony greaves, ebony cuirass) was stolen from one of the treasuries in Vivec (either Redoran or Hlallu, I think--one of them had a ton of ebony armor, the other had a ton of glass armor, but my proficiency is in heavy armor so I just sold the glass off). I don't think I've raided the Telvanni treasury yet. Treasury raiding is a great way to make a small fortune, but you'll need a good Chameleon spell/ring as well as some decent skill in Sneak, not to mention a powerful Open Doors spell. It's worth the risks, though.

November Adam: Most soul gems disappear after you use the soul trapped inside of them. However, there is an artifact soul gem that acts as a Grand Soul Gem, but using the soul trapped within it does not use up the gem. Spoiler: The gem is called Azura's Star, and is awarded by the Daedra lord Azura for completing a quest for her. Go to Azura's Shrine at the southeast corner of the island (it ought to be on your map) and summon the Daedra by "using" her altar, and she will give you the quest. It is a fairly high level quest, though, so be warned.

Chowlett: Have you actually received the quest to track down Fargoth's hiding spot? The hiding spot may remain empty until the quest is received.
Old June 24, 2002, 10:17   #79
November Adam
Prince

Thanks loin, I probably would have botched that one with my oh so delicate way of dealing with those things.

So for this game I'm siding with the Empire, any one siding with the dark elves in theirs?
Old June 24, 2002, 11:06   #80
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I haven't really started on the main quest yet, so I haven't really had the chance to side with anybody. I haven't joined any of the Great House factions, but nor have I joined the Imperial Legion or Imperial Cult factions. Right now I'm mostly working on becoming a Guildmaster in the Mage's Guild so that I can gain access to some of the more powerful spell effects (I'd really like to be able to summon a Golden Saint, but at the moment I'm restricted to summoning Frost and Flame Atronochs). This might rule out the possibility of joining the Telvanni later (since the Telvanni and Mage's Guild appear to hate each other), but oh well.
Old June 24, 2002, 14:46   #81
Eroberer
King

Hrm, I'd never even considered raiding treasuries. I'll do it! Are they only in Vivec?

This game's materials are way less interesting than Daggerfall's, IMHO.
Old June 24, 2002, 17:00   #82
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I've only found treasuries in Vivec, but I haven't really traveled around very much either. So far my Mage's Guild quests have kept me in the southwestern region of the map--I haven't gone north of Balmora (except for a few brief visits to Ald'ruhn, but for those I just came to do my business and then teleported back to Balmora) or east of Vivec. I made a brief visit to Dagoth-Ur just to see what it was like (in case you wanted to know, it's unpleasant). Other than that, I haven't been doing much exploring yet--I want to get some better spells first.
Old June 24, 2002, 20:46   #83
Tuberski

Those are the only places I have found them as well.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 25, 2002, 00:57   #84
Eroberer
King

Hey, here's a sloppy hint. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE STUPID CHEATING...ok, the Redoran (sp?) Smith in their canton in Vivec has all his stuff in an unlocked door. Just go there and pick up about 11,000 gold worth of stuff...most is basically useless if you already have good outfittings. I'm gonna try to find more places as generous as this one. =)

Yea, I've been meaning to get to Dagoth Ur. Is there any other way around the wilderness other than running? Am I missing something? A teleport spell? A travel dialog, like in the old game?
Old June 25, 2002, 10:01   #85
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There are fast travel options between some cities (you can take Silt Striders or boats between some cities, and you can Teleport between the Mages' Guilds), but there aren't any fast travel options that'll take you out in the middle of the wilderness.
Old June 25, 2002, 10:47   #86
November Adam
Prince

Mark and recall would work, but you already have to have been there to make a "mark".

Recall takes you back to your most recent "mark"

I'm trying to make a ring of mark, but it is rather expensive.
Old June 25, 2002, 14:24   #87
Eroberer
King

Heh, I have a ring or mark. I've also seen recall spells. Thank you so much!

Although I do for some damned reason keep forgetting that I also have a ring of Devine Intervention and one for Almsevi's Intervention. I mean I have fun on the long walks back, usually finding a tomb or something to splunk, but I feel really dumb when I walk past a Temple or a Guard place.

Hey, what's the difference between Chameleon and Invisibility spells, besides the fact that Chameleon are variable?
Old June 25, 2002, 16:35   #88
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Invisibility is negated when you cast a spell or attack. Chameleon is not. That's why I use Chameleon for getting my automatic critical hits.
Old June 25, 2002, 21:48   #89
CygnusZ
Warlord

There's also another very useful trick for getting around super fast in Morrowind. Trust me, after a month you'll want the extra speed

First of all, you need the "Boots of Blinding" speed. This is found via a trader on the road from Caldera to Gnaar Mok.

Second of all, you need the "Hide of the Savior's Cuirass", which is located in a chest in Tel Fyr.

Third of all, you need some form of levitation. I enchanted my daderic boots to allow me to fly for a full 179 seconds.

I bet you can figure it out from here. Just equip all three items. Watch as you soar over the world of morrowind at lightning speeds (you'll also get an impression of exactly how _HUGE_ the world is). You'll technically go faster without levitation, but I reccomend it if you're going across mountains.
Old June 26, 2002, 00:26   #90
Eroberer
King

Hehe, good deal. How do I get to Tel Fyr? Also, is there any way in the game to find a way to get to some place that isn't already on your map? The fighter's guild is the worst about telling you to go somewhere and not pointing it out for you on your map.

Also, btw, I'm finding stealing very fun. I've raided the entire Redoran Compound in Vivec. =)

Any hints on how to get around those Storm Atronachs guarding the inside of the Telvanni vaults? Would Chameleon work?

What level enchanter are you, Cygnus? I can't get a simple chameleon enchantment to work at level 40 or so.