Old June 27, 2002, 21:04   #121
Tuberski

Local Time: 21:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It should show the value of it if you put your pointer on it.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 27, 2002, 23:32   #122
Eroberer
King

Hey, just so you know, you have to hit barter with the enchanter and then cancel that dialog before any gold they get from you buying stuff will go to their currently carrying place (I think).

Also, I hacked the main file using the construction set and set the Creeper's money to 999,999gp, since really standing their for weeks on in is an exploit anyway. I also made it so he'll buy basically every kind of item. =) ...it really is just like ol' Daggerfall, though.

Also, everything should have the boots of blinding speed. These things are awesome. =)
Old June 28, 2002, 13:04   #123
November Adam
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
so what does feather do exactly? Does it increase the amount you can carry? If so by how much?

I finaly found a grand soul gem, it is the caves just north of Pelgariad. So I think I will head to the ghost gate and find me a vampire to trap.

So where are theses golden saints I keep hearing about?
Old June 28, 2002, 13:11   #124
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Feather decreases your encumbrance. A 50 pts of Feather will decrease the weight you're carrying by 50 pts. It's kind of like a Gain Strength spell, but it's cheaper and doesn't increase your attack damage.

See if you can trap an Ascended Sleeper instead of a Vampire. IIRC, my Ascended Sleeper soul gem was much better than my Ash Vampire soul gem. Try them both, though--I might be thinking of some other Ash creature that I trapped.

Golden Saints are powerful demons that looks like half-naked golden skinned women. They're one of the best creatures to trap with a soul gem. I'm currently in the process of looking for a Summon Golden Saint spell (which is why I'm doing Mage's Guild quests) with the intention of summoning a load of Golden Saints, casting Soul Trap on them, and killing them. I tried it out on my Frost Atronochs to make sure, and yes, you're allowed to trap the souls of creatures that you've just summoned. Wutang!
Old June 28, 2002, 14:59   #125
Eroberer
King

Golden Saints and Ascended Sleepers are the best to capture, as they are apparently the only ones that can be used to make "constant effect" enchanted items. Happy hunting!
Old June 28, 2002, 15:16   #126
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Should I buy MW?
Old June 28, 2002, 15:21   #127
Eroberer
King

It's a great game, Anun. It's a very long and deep game, and I recommend it. The entire Elder Scrolls series is highly praised.
Old June 28, 2002, 18:22   #128
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yes, I could try buying a small Feather spell, there are loads around. Also, reading Akira's notes has given a formula for a feather potion if I'm really stuck.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old June 28, 2002, 19:11   #129
Tuberski

I had to kill an imperial guardsman today because, I joined them when I was level 2 or so, and then did something with the armor they give you.

I needed to get a construction permit from the Duke, and he won't talk to you if you are out of uniform.

Couldn't find mine, had to have one, so I taunted him into fighting me, for Imperial chain mail.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 29, 2002, 00:36   #130
Eroberer
King

Hehe, I finally got someone to fight me after taunting. I did not know that you had to wait a sec for them to pull out their weapon before whacking at them!

I also got a Deadric Dai-katana today. =) Interesting SPOILER: if you didn't already know this raid Dren's Plantation directly east of Palegiad, and you find among other things, a deadric dai-katana, deadric katana, deadric claymore, deadric shield, almost a full suit of orchish (medium) armor, tons of moonsugar...and the list goes on. Killing people their also does not result in a crime most of the time!

So I am finally equipped to kill in one blow, and I'm running around in the Boots of Blinding speed (makes my speed attribute=237), plenty able to see, so now all I needs a soul of an ascended sleeper or a golden saint to make a constant levitation ring! (...thought I had it all there for a sec. I absolutely refuse to run around the mountains and squiggly path anymore!)
Old June 29, 2002, 01:27   #131
November Adam
Prince

So how much more is a golden saint in a grand soul gem, than say the winged twilight, which you can buy in Balmora for 60,000 gp. (cheaper if she likes you)
Old June 29, 2002, 13:14   #132
Eroberer
King

I have no clue. Btw there are two Grand Soul Gems in that place I mentioned as a spoiler, too, if you wanna go out and kill one. Now I just gotta find one...
Old June 29, 2002, 17:51   #133
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam
So how much more is a golden saint in a grand soul gem, than say the winged twilight, which you can buy in Balmora for 60,000 gp. (cheaper if she likes you)
A Golden Saint will sell for 80,000 gps, Dremora Lord is 40,000 gps.
Old June 29, 2002, 18:08   #134
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eroberer
Now I just gotta find one...
Ascended Sleepers are easier to find, and just as good as Golden Saints (although they're a bit more difficult to kill). They're around Dagoth Ur.
Old June 30, 2002, 00:57   #135
Eroberer
King

Ah, thanks. I ended up summoning a Gold Saint, and I found two Gold Saints in the line directly between Balmora and Nwchuftig (the Dwemer ruins), and an Ascended Sleeper in a cave between there.
Old June 30, 2002, 01:01   #136
Eroberer
King

Hey, I'll go ahead and ask this here I guess. Why in the hell is my speed going down? It's not that I'm loaded, and I just used an Exclusive Restore Speed potion, and nothing happened. I swore I saw it up at 237 once, but it was down at 226 for a while, and I just got conclusive evidence that's shrinking, because it's at 207! It's a noticable difference!
Old June 30, 2002, 01:02   #137
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'm pretty sure that Daedric shrines have only one or two types of demons in them (not counting Atronochs), because I've never seen a Golden Saint or Winged Twilight in the same shrine as a Dremora or Daedroth. I think I read in a book that each demon has certain types of daedra associated with it, but I'm not sure--anybody else read a book saying something along those lines?
Old June 30, 2002, 01:03   #138
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Is your speed showing up in red? You might have a disease or something. Try getting blessed at a shrine just to be on the safe side.
Old June 30, 2002, 08:20   #139
Eroberer
King

I really don't know about the different deadra.

I dunno what happened to be to lower my speed. I had been fighting so many magical creatures around the island, but I don't know why they'd just target my speed. I ended up taking off the boots of blinding speed, and applying several potions. This did indeed raise my speed up from 7 (which was marked in red), to 40. I now run much much faster!
Old June 30, 2002, 15:33   #140
November Adam
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
I'm pretty sure that Daedric shrines have only one or two types of demons in them (not counting Atronochs), because I've never seen a Golden Saint or Winged Twilight in the same shrine as a Dremora or Daedroth. I think I read in a book that each demon has certain types of daedra associated with it, but I'm not sure--anybody else read a book saying something along those lines?
I ran into a Golden Saint, Hunger, and a Clan Fear all in the same room. Further down I ran into a Draemor, and a Storm Atronoch. Then further underground I ran into 2 Twilights, a Dremora, and 2 Daedroth (crocodile heads). Plus I only had 3 great soul gems (the largest one), and no grand soul gems (the second largest). I would have had fun in there.

This is all in the ruins by Gnisis. Plus they have a large number of ebony and daerdric weapons.
Old June 30, 2002, 16:24   #141
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Was there a shrine in those ruins? (Like a demon's statue or whatever have you)
Old June 30, 2002, 16:26   #142
November Adam
Prince

maybe, there was a pit of fire with a corpse speared to a stallacite above it. kinda morbid actually.
Old July 1, 2002, 16:10   #143
November Adam
Prince

Found a neat bug in the x-box version, don't know if it works in the PC version.

The only way to enchant an item with a constant effect is using a grand soul gem with a golden saint.

Now heres the bug, if you equip the grand soul gem (with the saint), change the effect to constant, you can than switch the gem with ANY other gem, and it will keep the constant effect. Dirty aint it.

Question. which item has the most slots available for enchantment? The equisite ring has 120, does any other item beat this?

Also are different enchanters able to add different effects with a lower overall slot requirement, than other enchanters?
Old July 1, 2002, 17:34   #144
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by November Adam

Also are different enchanters able to add different effects with a lower overall slot requirement, than other enchanters?

Enchanters can only enchant items with spell effects that you know so the more spells you learn the more variety of item enchantments.
Old July 1, 2002, 19:48   #145
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Here's an interesting question I haven't seen anyone on the web answer (or ask, for that matter).

Has anyone decoded the code book from Sottilde? I took a copy before I gave it to Eydis Fire-Eye, and it looks like a simple monoalphabetic substitution cipher, but I can't be bothered to work it out.
Old July 1, 2002, 19:55   #146
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Chowlett
Here's an interesting question I haven't seen anyone on the web answer (or ask, for that matter).

Has anyone decoded the code book from Sottilde? I took a copy before I gave it to Eydis Fire-Eye, and it looks like a simple monoalphabetic substitution cipher, but I can't be bothered to work it out.
For whatever reason, I didn't even bother to look at it.

But maybe it would help with other books that can't be deciphered.
Old July 2, 2002, 01:19   #147
Eroberer
King

Heh, Chowlett, I copied it down, too. I highly doubt that a translation will come for a while, though. If you want though...you know you get that letter to the Spymaster in coded and decoded form, although I never even tried to read the coded version.

The non-Grand Soul Gem constant effect does not seem to work after the patch. It did apparently work before.
Old July 2, 2002, 05:09   #148
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 04:34
damn, i must be missing out on a lot of cool stuff, i'm playing a character who is rather bad at magic.
I started reading manual yesterday, and also read about alchemy, didn't know it was important...

I'm basically going for sneak and security.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old July 2, 2002, 05:51   #149
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 04:34
anyone know how i can get to Hla Oad?
i have to get there for a quest for the thieves guild, but the location doesn't show at the stilt strider or mage guild.
I'm currentrly in Balmora.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old July 2, 2002, 11:52   #150
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

You'll have to walk. Don't trust the directions folk in Balmora give you, according to the map they're lying (they say head west to the coast, and then North. Hla Oad is South).

And yeah, you might not be able to cast, but I can't sneak for anything. On the other hand, I can unlock doors up to level 50...