Old July 3, 2002, 21:06   #61
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by jsw363

Wouldn't a good transition date be the foundation of Constantinople in 330?

I would like to see the civil war feature brought back as well.

Not too sure about the whole Hyskos thing. That doesn't have much to do with the establishment of a Jewish/ Isreali civ though. I am still unsure if the Hebrews were really influential enough to have a civ. I understand that they had a large influence on the course of Western civilization through the Bible, but this is independent from their physical presence as a nation.

I personally would also like to see the inclusion of the Holy Roman Empire/Hapsburg Empire/ Austrians. I feel that they have played a HUGE role in European history and world history. They were a major factor in every war fought in Europe from the Renaissance to WWI. My only question is why haven't they been included thus far?
1) That's just one of the many dates placed by historians. Others include the sack of Rome, the death of Romanus Augustus, etc. My point: There is no consensus.

2) The "Holy Roman Empire" was NOT a civilization in ANY sense of the word. It was just a big organization to keep all of the insignificant German princes in a larger organization. Since when was it ever a major factor in any war? It was almost always just another jewel in the Habsburgian crown. It is already represented by Germany. Austria has no need to be in civ since they are also represented by Germany, to a lesser extent.
Old July 6, 2002, 09:19   #62
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
hi ,

some argue that with the declaration and a letter from one guy marks the start for Constantinople , ....

there is a book about it .

, it needs a bit more research .

, maybe a seperate thread would be nice , .....

have a nice day