Old June 16, 2002, 20:30   #1
daveroswell
Settler

Local Time: 02:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Money/workers
I was playing the one city mod, and I noticed that my budget never went negative. I could have -14 gold per turn and not go past 0 wealth. Would it be possible to go into negative wealth, and say, have it effect buildings (barracks, temples) etc. as well as happiness levels? Also, I'm not sure about this, but do roads that connect to other civs for trade produce more commerce? If not, is there a way to make it so? One more question--would making a worker a non-military entity cause problems? (I'm tired of having to wait for rite of passage just in order to finish a roard to a capital.) Thanks for hearing me babylon...:
Quote:
Huh? What? I have no idea!?!?--Jack Potter, Postmaster General
Old June 17, 2002, 07:22   #2
Hurricane
Warlord

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
On Chieftain, you can have a negative balance without adverse effects.
Old June 17, 2002, 11:29   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 19:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Money/workers
Quote:
Originally posted by daveroswell
Also, I'm not sure about this, but do roads that connect to other civs for trade produce more commerce? If not, is there a way to make it so?
If you mean do they produce more gold than ordinary roads, then no they don't. All roads produce the same amount of gold regardless of where they're connected to.

Quote:
One more question--would making a worker a non-military entity cause problems? (I'm tired of having to wait for rite of passage just in order to finish a roard to a capital.) Thanks for hearing me babylon...:
No, all units are treated the same way. However, you shouldn't really have a problem sending in a Worker if you're getting along wth the civ you're trying to connect to. They generally turn a bilnd eye to 0 units, if you're not making them nervous at all.