View Poll Results: Who Do You Not Want Living Next Door ?
Americans 9 9.78%
Aztecs 4 4.35%
Babylonians 2 2.17%
Chinese 1 1.09%
Egyptians 3 3.26%
English 5 5.43%
French 4 4.35%
Germans 12 13.04%
Greeks 7 7.61%
Indians 7 7.61%
Iroquois 5 5.43%
Japanese 3 3.26%
Persians 7 7.61%
Romans 3 3.26%
Russians 3 3.26%
Zulus 17 18.48%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 17, 2002, 17:07   #1
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 21:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Which Civilization Irritates You?
Preferrably one outside of your culture.
That is to say; if you're Japanese, the Chinese and Indian are going to be by you; so either accept them or play as another Civ.

So which different cultured Civ irritates you?

For me, I have been playing as Japanese or Chinese and I absolutely loathe the lying French.

Last edited by SlowwHand; June 17, 2002 at 17:14.
Old June 17, 2002, 17:27   #2
Thrawn05
King

England, Russia and China really tick me off... but England more then any of them.
Old June 17, 2002, 17:32   #3
Ignorance
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Xerxes is always stabbing me in the back. I mean always.
No matter how big we are, what civilization I'm playing.
In almost every game the persians betray me.
I have no idea why.
"In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison
Old June 17, 2002, 17:37   #4
Ignorance
Chieftain

English, Aztec and China are bad too.
This should be a multiple-choice poll.
"In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison
Old June 17, 2002, 17:53   #5
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 03:45
it's hard to capture the Greeks' cities early on because of those damn hoplites, that really pissed me off.
Old June 17, 2002, 17:56   #6
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 03:45
Gandhi is a real ****er as well. Backstabbing ****

Old June 17, 2002, 18:09   #7
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

And you people are usually playing different Civs every time? Not one that has Persia in the culture, for instance?
I agree though, about Persia. Not a lot of experience with Greece.
Old June 17, 2002, 18:26   #8
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 02:45
Germans, I can't stand them! I'm not crazy about Aztecs either.
Old June 17, 2002, 18:53   #9
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 12:45
Nearly every game I've been next to the Americans, they've sneak-attacked me. So in the game, the Americans tick me off.

The Iroquois are much the same. They've sneak attacked me on many occasions as well (quite devastating since their Mounted Warrior carves up).

The Greeks have also been known to sneak attack me (and even declared war once when I was much more powerful, and demanded them to withdraw from my territory). They did however, provide very little resistance, and were quickly reduced to a three tundra town sized civilization.

The English just tick me off for no particular reason (I've yet to experience any sneak attacks from them). Egypt are much the same (unless of course I'm using them).

India are masters at backstabbing. They are however, not masters at fighting the war after their initial strike.

I guess that leaves Persia as the one who ticks me off most. Once, they entered my territory with two stacks of riflemen and Infantry that took five minutes each to move. They have backstabbed me every game. Difficult to fight them in the ancient era because their immortals are nearly unstoppable. Hard for me to fight them later because they build a HUGE military.
Old June 17, 2002, 19:08   #10
PGM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by LordAzreal
I guess that leaves Persia as the one who ticks me off most. Once, they entered my territory with two stacks of riflemen and Infantry that took five minutes each to move. They have backstabbed me every game. Difficult to fight them in the ancient era because their immortals are nearly unstoppable. Hard for me to fight them later because they build a HUGE military.
Right, I forgot about the Persians. That Xerxes is a notorious backstabber. In my last game he invaded me with over 100 infantry/cavalry at a time. Thank God for modern armors and armies...
Old June 17, 2002, 20:30   #11
Pythagoras
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
King

Xerxes is a pr*ck! Hes always picking on my poor little bowmen

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown
Old June 17, 2002, 21:55   #12
MosesPresley
Prince

The Germans, Babs and the Russians are always the hardest civs for me to deal with. They are always trying to extort something and will go to war if the wind changes direction.
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime
Old June 17, 2002, 22:59   #13
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Local Time: 20:45
Greeks and the Germans are the worst in my games. Sneak attack after sneak attack! Extorsions too! Now I mass troops early on to wipe them out.
have struck again
Old June 18, 2002, 09:15   #14
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 22:45
The Aztecs are always aggressive and their UU is a real doosey early in the game.
Old June 18, 2002, 09:39   #15
Silvern Tiger
Settler

The Germans are such a wartribe, they attack me every game! And their panzer kills me every time..
Old June 18, 2002, 09:56   #16
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 22:45
The Greeks. I used to hate Bismarck... well, I suppose I still do, but nowadays I beat him to the punch. Now I'M the crazy warmongering bastard. But Greece poses serious problems for my early forces. Therefore, I have to play nice with them until I have my Samurai.

Honorable mention to the Zulu and their (*#&%@#ing Impi.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 18, 2002, 11:03   #17
Bella Hella
Prince

i'm suprised no one picked the romans! they always seem to randomly become furious at me and then attack for no reason, despite my bribes.
Old June 18, 2002, 14:16   #18
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I picked Aztecs but in reality meant to pick Zulus instead. grr....

I'm surprised there weren't any obligatory postings saying CIV3 annoyed them most.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old June 18, 2002, 14:23   #19
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

germany. i play as them often, and they seem to know my "i hate you to begin with" attitude...
Old June 18, 2002, 14:31   #20
arkanjuca
Settler

Local Time: 23:45
I think that the overall AI in this game is the real evil...

The poll shold be "Which Civilization Does NOT Irritates You?"...

And them my vote would be null!
Old June 18, 2002, 16:08   #21
Apolex
Warlord

Germans. Their production bonus with quickly built barracks spells trouble early on. But woe unto you if you don't destroy them before the modern age... They will introduce you to the meaning of the word 'Blitzkrieg' with those d@mn panzers. And it seems Bismarck is always scowling at me no matter what, and ready to invade at a moment's notice.

Yeah if the germs are next to me I make it a priority to take them out first. Trust me...you DO NOT want a German golden age combined with Panzers, a production bonus, and troops that quickly become elite with that militarist trait.

-Apolex

Last edited by Apolex; June 20, 2002 at 09:56.
Old June 18, 2002, 16:16   #22
ACooper
Prince

Don't trust Ghandi. He is a bloodthristy liar.
Old June 18, 2002, 16:54   #23
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by LordAzreal
Nearly every game I've been next to the Americans, they've sneak-attacked me. So in the game, the Americans tick me off.

The Iroquois are much the same. They've sneak attacked me on many occasions as well (quite devastating since their Mounted Warrior carves up).

The Greeks have also been known to sneak attack me (and even declared war once when I was much more powerful, and demanded them to withdraw from my territory). They did however, provide very little resistance, and were quickly reduced to a three tundra town sized civilization.

The English just tick me off for no particular reason (I've yet to experience any sneak attacks from them). Egypt are much the same (unless of course I'm using them).

India are masters at backstabbing. They are however, not masters at fighting the war after their initial strike.

You just nearly mentioned them all

and how come Zulu lead this poll and no-one (not even LordA ) says something bad about them?

OH yeah, for me it is those r*tt*en ff** Impi's . and i alwayss start next to them!! damned
Old June 18, 2002, 17:52   #24
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:45
India, for being so peaceful they have a rather large army that they love to use to invade me. Also Persia, they invade me even when they have no army. they'll just send one unit to attack one of my cities and then sue for peace a few turns later. Finally the Aztecs, they don't inveade that often and usually keep to themselves but when whatshisname talks he says stupid things and when you pis$ him off he gets really ugly!!!
Thats another thing I can't stand that the so called "angry" faces that look like they just got the crap kicked out of them after being shot up with novacaine. t
Old June 18, 2002, 17:55   #25
Space05us
King

funny, a lot pf you have problems with Germany... I've never had problems with them or the Zulus for that matter.
Old June 18, 2002, 17:58   #26
Pythagoras
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
King

Generally, I hate all civs that occupy land.

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown
Old June 18, 2002, 18:39   #27
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Yes, the Romans are sneakin' b1tch3s too! I tried one of the strats here I think by Vel or Arrian where you make every Civ polite/gracious towards you while you mass your troops to destroy one civ.

While I was placing all the troops I could muster at the other end of my empire to attack the aztecs the romans moved into the other end to attack me and take two of my cities. Talk about AI.
have struck again
Old June 18, 2002, 18:42   #28
Space05us
King

never leave your back door open!
Old June 18, 2002, 19:03   #29
Apolex
Warlord

Yeah the Romans like that back door; don't drop the soap around them.

Too bad this wasn't a multi-check poll... most people have 2 or three nemeses. I would add Persians and Zulus to my list. The Zulus because they're always demanding something, then declaring war on me. And the Persians always seem to be on the other side of the globe, unchecked, getting huge. With their science advantage they're usually rivaling me for new techs and whoring them out to everyone except me.
Old June 18, 2002, 19:21   #30
W4r_Machine
Warlord

lol, I didn't know that at that time. They were polite towards me and we were trading so I didn't think they were going to attack me. They were also the superpower at that time so I made sure they were happy.

In the end, I enlisted the help of the germans, the russians, and the greeks to reduces the romans to rubles. I then turned on the greeks with the help of the russians germans and russians. I won the game by domanition which is the lamest way to win. NO MINI MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!
have struck again