Old June 18, 2002, 00:26   #1
Ben Williams
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New game ideas?
Post ideas for city improvments, units, technology and wonders here, I'm curious what ya'll think of. Here are some of mine:

Small wonder: Uranium processing

After building the manhatten project you would have to build one of these to use nuclear tech, the rational being that uranium and plutonium are extreamly difficult to get from the earth, and by adding this there would be another step to getting nuclear weapons which would make more sense and improve gameplay.

Tech: Fusion weapons

Unit: Multi-megaton warhead

This would give you the option of producing a much more powerful nuclear bomb.

Wonder: Trade center

This would allow you to build the World Trade Center, increasing trade by something like 100% in that city.

Small wonder: Green awarness

This would remove those pesky two pollutions in your cities after ecology and recycling (for us anal retentives).

Unit: No spill coffee mug

So you don't spill your coffee.

-ben
Old June 18, 2002, 03:14   #2
LotC
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 19:47
Quote:
Wonder: Trade center

This would allow you to build the World Trade Center, increasing trade by something like 100% in that city.
Somehow I don't think Firaxis would consider implementing this.

Errr...ummm..have you read the news lately (ie. within the last 9 months).?
Old June 18, 2002, 05:13   #3
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 21:47
Fusion weapons. The nukes in the game are really atomic weapns, not hydrogen. Have an exchange of Hydrogen weapons and you may as well end the game! Armageddon.
Old June 18, 2002, 06:01   #4
Ignorance
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bigger nukes are the last the game needs.
As for world trade center, you just don't make a thing like that and expect everyone to flock there. No, you build a big office-building in a big trade city and wait.
I think the bank and Wall Street already cover this part.
"In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison
Old June 18, 2002, 09:28   #5
rhenric557
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:47
I agree with IG, the nucs in the game are enough.

I believe the aircraft in the game are not strong enough, Ever since the Spanish civil War Air power has been the deciding factor in every major war. But you also need to a Mobile SAM unit maybe carry a new missile unit the SAM which acts like a cruise missile but can only perform Air Superiority missions. Sam could also be boarded on ships such as the Aegis

Terrain Improvement - Airfield, you need to use air craft outside of a city. They had it in CIV 2 and it worked well.

Unit - Engineer, replaces worker in late game has movement of 2 rather than 1

Unit - Amphibious armor, same as Modern Armor, but more expensive, maybe less defense
Old June 18, 2002, 09:40   #6
rhenric557
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
Fusion weapons. The nukes in the game are really atomic weapns, not hydrogen. Have an exchange of Hydrogen weapons and you may as well end the game! Armageddon.
Actually even the Hydrogen bomb is a nuclear weapon, it uses uranium and has a Hydrogen booster, rather than the Tritium bosster used in all modern nuclear warheads. the tritium gives off more radiation is much stronger than the Hydrogen. I understand the theoretical weapon your talking about but it was never built. A bomb that is released at high altitude and burnt of the Hydrogen in the atmosphere.
But a nice Hydrogen Fuel AIr Bomb would be nice, Similar affects as a nuc but no radiation.
Or maybe even a chemical weapon which would target mainly civilian populations, concedered major atrocity.
Or maybe a neutron bomb, no radiation targets mechanized units with its emense EMP.
Just some Ideas but I don't expect any on them to be used. Nor do I think I would bother using them myself