Old June 19, 2002, 08:03   #1
gentleriser
Settler

Local Time: 21:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Right of Passage
Question:

Why can't you negotiate a deal where one civ gives another right of passage in its territory, while the other civ trades something other than right of passage in return?

Example: I think the U.S. operations in Afghanistan constitute right of passage, but I don't think that means the U.S. would be happy to let any Afghan military types run free across the U.S.
Old June 19, 2002, 09:46   #2
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 03:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
That's a very good point that I think should be addressed in a future patch. This would be useful especially on a continent types of maps where you sometimes would have to cross through somebody's land in order to come to his aid or in order to annihilate another civ. My guess is that there might be some difficulty for Firaxis to "convince" the AI to accept such an agreement, but it would be cool (I wouldn't have myriads of AI units strolling through my lands).
Old June 19, 2002, 13:48   #3
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Local Time: 03:52
I like the idea as well.

It has been mentioned in a previous thread:
One way ROP?

So there are more people who would like to have it.
Old June 19, 2002, 21:06   #4
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 02:52
This idea has been raised before in another thread. And it is a very correct idea. There is no reason for an exact exchange for Rop and the like.