Old June 19, 2002, 11:46   #1
LoneWolf
Settler

Local Time: 20:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
June Patch
Any word on the patch that is supposed to be coming out in June. Or does "somtime in June" NECESSARILY mean 11:59 p.m. on June 30th?
Old June 19, 2002, 11:56   #2
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 03:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: June Patch
Quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf
Any word on the patch that is supposed to be coming out in June. Or does "somtime in June" NECESSARILY mean 11:59 p.m. on June 30th?
Maybe 'sometime in June' mean 'in july'?
Old June 19, 2002, 13:51   #3
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 22:52
Re: June Patch
Quote:
Jeff said that the June release was "tenative." In other words, chances are it will be released in July, so don't get overy excited...

Yet.
Old June 19, 2002, 14:23   #4
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

They said June, they didn't say which year....
Old June 19, 2002, 14:59   #5
Carver
Prince

Re: Re: June Patch
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
don't get overy excited...
Yet.
Yes, keep your ovaries under control.
Old June 19, 2002, 15:06   #6
Nym
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucilla
They said June, they didn't say which year....
Old June 19, 2002, 16:01   #7
SomeOneElse
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:52
My first post!

What would be in the new patch?
Old June 19, 2002, 16:06   #8
W4r_Machine
Warlord

This is what drives me crazy about this game...It's being patched to hell but it still doesn't work the way it's suppose to!
have struck again
Old June 19, 2002, 16:15   #9
LoneWolf
Settler

Actually, it does work the way it is SUPPOSED to, it just doesn't work the way people WANT it to.
Old June 19, 2002, 16:30   #10
Nym
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeOneElse
My first post!
Welcome!
Old June 19, 2002, 16:43   #11
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Quote:
Actually, it does work the way it is SUPPOSED to, it just doesn't work the way people WANT it to.
Yes...it's working perfectly, that must be the reason why there are 4 patches! I wan't the game NOT to shoot my workers when it try to pass the city and not shoot down my nukes when I try to place on a city!

[edit=That's with 1.21f btw]
have struck again
Old June 19, 2002, 18:00   #12
Lucilla
Mac
Princess

Quote:
My first post!

What would be in the new patch?
Check out the thread about the unscheduled chat log, June 6, 2002. There's some info about the new editor (which is the June patch).

And: Welcome!
Old June 19, 2002, 19:35   #13
Coracle
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by W4r_Machine
This is what drives me crazy about this game...It's being patched to hell but it still doesn't work the way it's suppose to!
No it does not - not seven months after I paid fifty bucks for a beta game and more for their ripoff Official Guide.

But it ALSO does not work the way people want. That also is true.

That's a sad TWOFER.
Old June 19, 2002, 19:57   #14
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Amen Coracle...Amen
have struck again
Old June 19, 2002, 22:27   #15
Chieftain

If you were so unsatisfied, why didn't you take it back? Stop complaining and appreciate what you have. They didn't have to come out with ANY civ game if they didn't want to. So until you're the one coding the game, you have no right to judge it such a manner, especialy when you don't even have to buy the game in the first place.
Old June 19, 2002, 22:35   #16
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by 1
If you were so unsatisfied, why didn't you take it back? Stop complaining and appreciate what you have. They didn't have to come out with ANY civ game if they didn't want to. So until you're the one coding the game, you have no right to judge it such a manner, especialy when you don't even have to buy the game in the first place.
lol...Where did I say that I'm NOT satisfied, btw, I have every right to judge the game I buy(any game). You think that patches would come out if the gamers didn't ***** and moan? PLEASE...
have struck again
Old June 19, 2002, 23:03   #17
Chieftain

Its exactly that, a game. Nothing worthy of getting queeny over. "PLEASE"
Old June 19, 2002, 23:06   #18
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Yes, a game, a game that should work properly! 1, back your words up.

queeny -- lol
have struck again
Old June 19, 2002, 23:13   #19
ACTD_Ran
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:52
Come on.... This is about the "June patch", if you want to start fighting, take it to PM or email or some where else please.

So is this "June patch" going to be something above the current 1.21F patch?

Here are a few 'gripes'/'problems' I've experianced and haven't seen many of them posted[Albeit I haven't looked that far and deep.]

Would it adress:

More diplomatic abilities... Such as the ability to be able to cut off things like mutual protection without having to start a war? From what I know, that is the only way to cut off any of the diplomatic agreements Does any 'real civ' start wars to cut off diplomatic negoations with any other country? No

Another thing along these lines is:
That I've noticed is that some times I wont be able to have access to some of the options in the diplomatic screen. Like I wont be given the option to make any type of diplomatic agreements with some civ's even though 'we' aren't at war with each other and technoclically they're about equal or greater than I am... And on top of that... I had previously made agreements with them...

Science workers in the city shouldn't make citizens unhappy! They're expanding the science/growth/culture of the city, eventually improving the citizens way of life and therefore shouldn't make them unhappy! Maybe shouldn't change the other citizens current status at all

I've also noticed that many times the AI will capture workers, but I wont be able to recapture them Did they kill them? How come I can't kill their workers instead of capturing them?

Another thing is that I closely monitor the work my citizens are doing in each city... Near the 'middle game' and the 'end game' there comes a point where I have too many cities to do this I'll set the workers where I want them because the Governer can't do it 'properly'. When the next turn comes around... They'll be back to where they were before... In the "Improper" place... This effects the game in that it will take longer to produce wonders/imporvements/units and such... Concidering that this is a long game... That in itself can have a deteremental effect on your winning or losing. I'd prefer to have it set so that if I set the workers in one are of the city map... They should stay there when the next turn comes up. I've found that trying to use the city governer doesn't work for me, and that's why I have to do it manually

The book also states that turning a citizen into a scientest produces "adds one to the raw science production"... My question is this... How many commertial 'units' equal "one raw science" point from the "city production' point of view?

I'd like to know that because there are many times where I can't produce much in any given city square... I wonder if there's a benifit to having scientest as apposed to working for one shield or one food or such. In the begining and middle game... This can be critical!
Old June 20, 2002, 00:04   #20
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by ACTD_Ran
Come on.... This is about the "June patch", if you want to start fighting, take it to PM or email or some where else please.

Here are a few 'gripes'/'problems' I've experianced and haven't seen many of them posted[Albeit I haven't looked that far and deep.]

Would it adress:

More diplomatic abilities... Such as the ability to be able to cut off things like mutual protection without having to start a war? From what I know, that is the only way to cut off any of the diplomatic agreements Does any 'real civ' start wars to cut off diplomatic negoations with any other country? No

That I've noticed is that some times I wont be able to have access to some of the options in the diplomatic screen. Like I wont be given the option to make any type of diplomatic agreements with some civ's even though 'we' aren't at war with each other and technoclically they're about equal or greater than I am... And on top of that... I had previously made agreements with them...

Science workers in the city shouldn't make citizens unhappy! They're expanding the science/growth/culture of the city, eventually improving the citizens way of life and therefore shouldn't make them unhappy! Maybe shouldn't change the other citizens current status at all

I've also noticed that many times the AI will capture workers, but I wont be able to recapture them Did they kill them? How come I can't kill their workers instead of capturing them?

Another thing is that I closely monitor the work my citizens are doing in each city... Near the 'middle game' and the 'end game' there comes a point where I have too many cities to do this I'll set the workers where I want them because the Governer can't do it 'properly'. When the next turn comes around... They'll be back to where they were before... In the "Improper" place... This effects the game in that it will take longer to produce wonders/imporvements/units and such... Concidering that this is a long game... That in itself can have a deteremental effect on your winning or losing. I'd prefer to have it set so that if I set the workers in one are of the city map... They should stay there when the next turn comes up. I've found that trying to use the city governer doesn't work for me, and that's why I have to do it manually

The book also states that turning a citizen into a scientest produces "adds one to the raw science production"... My question is this... How many commertial 'units' equal "one raw science" point from the "city production' point of view?

I'd like to know that because there are many times where I can't produce much in any given city square... I wonder if there's a benifit to having scientest as apposed to working for one shield or one food or such. In the begining and middle game... This can be critical!
It's all fun and games man relax,

Anywho, micromanagement do get a little annoying so I hope they would smartn' up the governor.

Yeah, When AI captures the worker it disappers into nothingness while human players have to protect it till it's safely on your borders.
have struck again
Old June 20, 2002, 00:16   #21
ACTD_Ran
Chieftain

Ok

Smarten him? That would take eons!!!

I'm new to everything here as I just got the game about a month ago or so. I was warmongering one day... Then I started to look into the cities. Before I did I looked down at the window at the bottom right and noted how much money and everything else. Then I changed one citizen over to a scientest and then went back... I found my research on refineries went down one whole turn! I guess at the time I was at the boarder in reguards to the 'stack' or whatever... So I looked more and more into the city management and have been maximizing my cities production manually after also finding out that the city governer didn't do a good job of it. It gets tiring of constantly changing them over
Old June 20, 2002, 07:34   #22
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 04:52
Quote:
My first post!
Who knows what tomorrow brings? First beer?
Welcome!
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old June 20, 2002, 09:11   #23
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:

That is irritating

Isnt the June patch mostly the new editor?
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old June 20, 2002, 09:13   #24
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:
My first post!
Welcome
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old June 20, 2002, 09:39   #25
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Looking forward all month to this new patch, must have soon.

The AI sometimes disbands workers once they capture them. You can do (and I have done) the same thing on occassion, if i can't smuggle them out.
Old June 20, 2002, 10:11   #26
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle

No it does not - not seven months after I paid fifty bucks for a beta game and more for their ripoff Official Guide.

But it ALSO does not work the way people want. That also is true.

That's a sad TWOFER.
You deserve to be made fun of. You bought a game right after release and the strategy guide.

That was not a very bright move.
Old June 20, 2002, 10:12   #27
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by W4r_Machine
Yeah, When AI captures the worker it disappers into nothingness while human players have to protect it till it's safely on your borders.
Maybe they added the workers to one of their cities and then pop-rushed them away.
Old June 20, 2002, 10:42   #28
WarpStorm
King

Quote:
Yes, the big thing is that it will add the ability to set starting cities and units on the map.

Quote:
You do know that you can cancel any of these safely after 20 turns don't you?

Quote:
You probably don't have an embassy

Quote:
Science workers don't make someone unhappy. Entertainers make them happy. Changing an entertainer to a science worker has net effect of one less happy person

Quote:
You can. Just disband them right away, I do if I can't get the to safety.

Quote:

It depends on you science ratio.

It seems that most of the things you are complaining about have been fixed in Civ3 already (or were never broken).
Old June 20, 2002, 15:09   #29
W4r_Machine
Warlord

Disbaning a captured worker is stupid, besides, it's free. On ocations catured worker from me make a mad dash to enemy border and use my rail system. It doesn't often happen but it does especially if it's a stack of workers.
have struck again
Old June 20, 2002, 17:55   #30
ACTD_Ran
Chieftain

Oh, I forgot about the disband button. lol

And yes, but that's 20 turns. Does Russia wait 20 turns to stop diplomatic negoations with anyone? lol No Sometimes I'll save up a bunch of cash and make massive armies, and draw from that cash reserve to 'feed the army'. Most of the time, for me, it's about the only way I can keep up with the AI's. I've found myself 'in' wars that I wouldn't have wanted to be in because I can't "Safely" cancle any agreements in that 20 turn period I feel there are a great number of things that should be more realistic, and deplomacy is one of the biggest ones. I'd also like to see it emplimented earlier in the game. Maybe even letting some of the barbarians make agreements with themselves might be good

I thought for sure I did have an embasy because I had made MP's with England before that incident.... But I don't have that game anymore so I can't verify that.

To get to a science worker, you have to go through the Tax worker and seemingly that in itself makes at least one unhappy citizen or at the very least drops them one level.

I usually keep my science ratio at 70 percent... So there must be some type of formula then... Does anyone know what it is?