Old June 19, 2002, 13:58   #1
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
War Chariot Problem / Idea
in the civ3 democracy game, we've run into a problem. we're egypt, and we're surrounded by jungle.

our wheeled units will suck major here.

there should be an option, a one shot deal, that pops up when you get horseback riding, whenre you can choose which unit you want.

as of right now, all horse-powered units are useless.
Old June 19, 2002, 14:10   #2
YuMMz
Settler

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
That could be a definite problem, but let me tell you it seems to me that even middle ages those war chariots drive me nuts. I cannot believe how many times I lose a musketman defending a city to a war chariot. It truely boggles my mind and is the reason for my seething hatred of Egypt. But I do see your point, that will definitely hamper your early attack, and the way the computer expands your pre-war territory.
Old June 19, 2002, 14:20   #3
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 04:53
Re: War Chariot Problem / Idea
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
there should be an option, a one shot deal, that pops up when you get horseback riding, whenre you can choose which unit you want.
Why? IIRC you can both build the war chariots and horsemen. Of course, there is a difference in price, but at least you can build them.

I can imagine you want to upgrade your chariots, which is not possible until you get knights, but other then that, what is the problem?

DeepO
Old June 19, 2002, 14:24   #4
ShredZ
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:53
A sollution would be to build road thru the jungle, obviously a hassle but how many jungle squares are there?
Old June 19, 2002, 16:13   #5
SomeOneElse
Chieftain

Adapt. build the roads, and later, clear the jungle. Egypt is industrial, so it goes twice as fast. and also, move out of that jungle as soon as possible.
Old June 19, 2002, 19:14   #6
gentleriser
Settler

A fun mod that makes War Chariots much more interesting: I changed them to have a carrying capacity of 1 (foot units only), and a higher build cost. Chariots were then units worth building clear up to the start of the middle ages. For balance (and reality), you could also reduce the HP by 1 (i.e. elite War Chariots would have 4 HP, not 5).