Old August 4, 2002, 17:47   #91
Julius Brenzaida
King

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
Argh, couldn’t to more than that. It is shameful. There’s one Celt city in the north and they’re down for good. I finished the Mongols and the Aztecs. Our first units have reached the Zulus … The war shall be easy. I recommend to stop producing units in many cities (a waste of time as they won’t see the front) and to rushbuild on the Zulu territory. We have so much money to spend !!!
I have used the goto command a lot and hope it will work fine. Otherwise just click on the transports and sail them by yourself to the bleeding heart of their ennemies!
Here is the saved game and sorry again for not being able to play more this week, before going to holidays. I shall be back in 12 days. Keep it going !
Attached Files:
File Type: zip tot1873.zip (50.6 KB, 2 views)
Old August 5, 2002, 01:00   #92
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 22:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It looks like I'm next...
with Thoth and Julius away, and LDiCesare having played before Julius

Despite being on vacation, I still have my 'net access... not as much Civ access tho. I should be able to play this week.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old August 8, 2002, 20:14   #93
King

I'm back...
1873, and STYOM regains the seat of power after a short hiatus.

Order of business: Dominate the world.

1873: Some units are loaded onto ships. This map is waaaaay too big. (Note to self: smaller map next time, or at least one with some recognizable features.)

1874: Isandhlwana sacked, 163 g. Swazi sacked, 146g. We are mighty and terrible. All homeland war production is gradually taken offline. Naples destroyed (Celts) - but no message that they are destroyed as a civilization

1875: Umtata revolts for 1100g, 275 taken. Intombe sacked, 134 g. Peace with Celts, offer them all kinds of things for map exchange. Still can't find their **** Settler!

1876: Saw something moving along the pole... maybe it's a Celt
Amphibious Warfare discovered; researching Combined Arms.
Tugela sacked; 132 g. Umfolozi sacked, 70g.

1877: Hlobane captured, 151g. Bapedi captured, 113 gold. Zimbabwe captured, 34 g. Zulus destroyed!

1878: Celts seem to have disappeared from the Foreign Ministry's charts, therefore we're going to declare the Celts destroyed!

We crassly violate our treaty with the English.
We crassly violate our treaty with the Vikings.

Ravning Enge sacked, 312 g.

1879: Warwick sacked, 177g.

1880: Larne sacked, 312 g.

1881: Combined Arms discovered; research Nuclear Power.
Revolution incited in York for 1620g, 316 g taken. Hastings captured, 264 g. Canterbury revolts for 1064 g, 220 g taken. Nottingham captured, 107 g. London captured Pyramids, 167 g.

1882: Nonnebakken destroyed, 28g. Birka sacked, 324 g. Coventry sacked, 773 g. English destroyed!

1883: Taxes adjusted to 0.6.4, victory is in sight!
Granaries sold for 1440g.
Jarlshof captured, 336 g. Skara captured, 324 g.

Wild victory celebrations are mooted... STYOM abandons the monastic existence to enjoy the treasure gathered over his term (Celtic, English and Zulu women ). Again the war leader retires to his villa (along with the plunder ) expecting his successor to bring a quick end to the war...

This should be it. The Vikings alone remain - 18 cities, 15 on the main continent which we have a foothold (and several Howies) in. There are 3 small unwalled Viking cities on islands N of the Viking mainland, which can be picked off by smaller expeditions quite easily. We have many, many transports and carriers steaming towards the Viking lands, including several fresh from our lightning conquest of England.

My successor might want to turn the city notifications off his first turn, as most of our cities will celebrate starting next turn. Also, there are a lot of ships wandering around the top of the map, tipping huts (since the Celts vanished ).

And be warned: A lot of our engineers are automated, and most of our cities are just filling their build queues with infrastructure. I finally thought about it - a transport moves 7/turn, the map is 250 wide, thus if I built any more units, they wouldn't reach the front for about 15 turns.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ap_a1883.zip (51.7 KB, 2 views)

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old August 8, 2002, 20:16   #94
King

LDiCesare, it's all yours... go get 'em...

Old August 9, 2002, 12:19   #95
LDiCesare
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 05:07
I've downloaded and should finish them by the week end.
Good work with the English!
Old August 9, 2002, 16:14   #96
LDiCesare
Emperor

1883 - Rushbuilding units and airports near the vikings. A viking chariot attacks our armor!

1884 - Yarrow taken. Odense taken. United Nations. Airports built everywhere in our new Scandinavian cities. Capitalization in many places because it is too much mm. Vikings ask for peace. OK.

1885 - Nuclear Power. Laser next. That or ecology... Westness taken. Airport rushed (temple for 160, then the rest for 240: 400 gold only). Milan in a hut.

1886 - Jorvik taken. Sigtuna taken. Aarhus taken (Darwin). Roskilde bribed. Hladir taken. Viborg bribed. Cancelled Manhattan project! Never build that stuff! What if they built a dip???

1887 - Lindholm bribed. The Udal taken. Kaupang taken. Trondheim taken (Shakespeare, Great Wall). Uppsala taken. Lunde bribed. Vikings make peace.

1888 - Laser, Guerilla researched. Holmgard taken. Ribblehead destroyed.

1889 - Hedeby taken. Vikings beg for peace.

1889 - Guerilla. Superconductor researched.

1890 - Aldeigjuborg bribed (doubled the price just for fun). Vikings are destroyed!

Well, that was quite easy. I don't know why cheat mode was activated when I loaded the game? Rarely jave I seen so much money and beakers you don't know what to do with.
I attach the last turn, with our spy aboard ready to bribe the last vikings.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ap_a1890.zip (53.4 KB, 1 views)
Old August 9, 2002, 23:14   #97
King

Very nice!
VICTORY

Re: cheat mode... funny, it was 'off' in my last save... anything you'd like to tell the group LDiCesare?

Re: Manhattan. I always build that in the last turns of a victorious conquest game. Yes, the Vikes could have built a dip - but they'd need to steal both Rocketry and Nuclear Fission to build nukes, and that's kind of unlikely. The only techs the AI steals automatically are the ones it needs to build spaceships, I think.

I need to get to my Sticky Mouse Senate turns before starting a new game... but, any thoughts as to what we play next? Perhaps one of Julius' special maps?

Old August 16, 2002, 16:54   #98
Julius Brenzaida
King

I am back from holidays
Nice job to finish the game
Did my transports go to the right direction with the goto command
Maybe that we didn't even need them
Old August 16, 2002, 16:58   #99
Julius Brenzaida
King

As for the next one, I am quite busy right now
But I think that an OCC ToT succession game has yet to be played. It could be fun and less time comsuming
Especially since we were only 3 in this last one at the end

Otherwise, why not a scenario : I've heard a lot of good critics about seeds of greatness and would like to try it
Old August 16, 2002, 17:16   #100
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
But I think that an OCC ToT succession game has yet to be played. It could be fun and less time comsuming
Especially since we were only 3 in this last one at the end

Otherwise, why not a scenario : I've heard a lot of good critics about seeds of greatness and would like to try it
An OCC could be interesting... a scenario seems more interesting to me. Before I started this game, I said to Thoddy that I was contemplating a Red Front succession (MGE of course).

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try a play through of Red Front yet... it starts out as a 'monster', and I haven't been able to make time for it yet.

But if someone else wanted to start a succession game I'd probably jump in

Old August 17, 2002, 01:28   #101
LDiCesare
Emperor

I like both OCC and scenarios. I really like Seeds of Greatness by the way, and the good point with this scen is that first turns are not too long (contrary to f.e. WW2 scens where you play long turns from the start and build very little).