Old June 24, 2002, 09:08   #31
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Now to Carthage. Although it's early in the day, your poll suggests that the ppl want an attack of some sorts on Carthage NOW, Hydey.

We have 'Clads stationed near 5 of the 7 ports on the main Carth landmass. We would have no problem in attacking continually until troops arrive.

Oea, a city on a different island N of Carthage, is ready for attack. Once the Carth units have dashed themselves against us, it looks like we can move our single Cavalry and second Rifleman there to the fortress with the first Rifleman. Then we attack with the Cav until we take Oea.

The Carths have two cities (one undefended) on another nearby island. We have a 'Clad stationed next to each. We could attack all visible units with them continuously. Another unoccupied (I think ) 'Clad is E of this island and will be moved in towards the main Carth landmass.

Minister of WAR, not peace.
MrWIA.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	carth1.gif
Views:	27
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	18067  

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 24, 2002, 10:38   #32
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 05:08
We better not take the undefended Tingis before we take Chartago Nova. If only take Tingis with a passing unitl we can't be sure not to lose the city again and mean that they steal some good tech.
Old June 24, 2002, 10:40   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Yeah, Kropotkin. The closest units are the ones near Oea. Otherwise we won't be taking those two cities for a little while due to transport time.

Old June 24, 2002, 12:19   #34
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wow, you guys have been busy! Well, some thoughts on the situation and the suggestions. First, I set some cities to build Engineers because they could always be changed to some other unit, and because our city production is so low in many places that it is hampering our efforts to build units. I tend to believe in investment. The Engineers were to build RR to speed troop movement while also increasing shield production.

The large collection of forces in Brandenburg are there specifically for an assault on Babylon and Akkad. The Rifleman fortified there and the Caravel with the 2 Cavalry units are to protect against a possible City Bribery attempt by the Babylonians. I was concerned that we could lose a lot of units if Bradenburg revolted.

The plans for attacking Delhi sound fine. I think we should target the Spies at the City Walls, not just ask for general sabotage; we are not likely to get the City Walls randomly. I think our plans should be based around availability of Spies; Diplomats (even vet ones) are pretty useless.

Keep in mind that *some* units can still be moved and unit production changed or rushed in the 1800 turn. It's not really over yet.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old June 24, 2002, 12:54   #35
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 21:08
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Madras is my proposed first target
Why? A veteran musketeer defends with def=21 when behind walls and on a river! But only def=13.5 when behind walls and not on a river, as in Delhi.

We'll need too many bad guys to take Madras first. Step past it, sack Delhi, then bribe Madras...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old June 24, 2002, 13:08   #36
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Agreed, MdS. Read on, and you'll find that Hydey pointed this sort of thing out to me and I changed everything to Delhi first.

But thanks for pointing it out - I need to be told by diligent citizens.

MrWIA.

Old June 24, 2002, 18:28   #37
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

My 2 cents on Babylon and Akkad:

Start killing units in the city's at once.

This will make the AI buy units, making future bribes a lot cheaper

I would suggest we sail 1 caraval with 1 cavalry and 2 rifleman to Akkad.

Empty out the city with the clad, let 1 cavalry take it and sail in the caraval and clad.

Move the second caraval 1 space west of Babylon, loaded with 2 rifleman and 1 cavalry.
Empty it, take it with the cavalry and sail in the caraval.
Fortify the riflemen.
Have another cavalry and a spy stand by on the plains east of Brandenburg, move the caravel 2 tiles west and load it up, then sail it back into the city.

On the next turn we can hopefully bribe a revolting bab city.

This leaves us with a defence of 1 rifleman and 1 cavalry, not really impressive but if we send the Babylon clad over it can handle a brab invasion.
Old June 24, 2002, 18:30   #38
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 13:08
I feel we could actually destroy many of the size 2 or 3 cart cities by killing units, easier than taking the city

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old June 24, 2002, 18:31   #39
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

Local Time: 21:08
I say we constantly rushbuild, particularly in places that are far away (like Carthage), and finish this game as quickly as we can!!!
Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game
Old June 24, 2002, 18:38   #40
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Hydey
I feel we could actually destroy many of the size 2 or 3 cart cities by killing units, easier than taking the city

And waste all these city's?

The only thing we have to do is build a couple of transports, fill them with rifleman and make a chain to chartage.

Then we just sail around their island and as the clads are emptying out city's, we take them with 1 rifleman each.

Chartagian elphant attacks fortified Apolytonian vet rifleman

Lets get some new city's and some while we're at it

Oh and 500 btw, does anyone know where I can get a picture of one of those chickens in the muppetshow?
Old June 24, 2002, 19:09   #41
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
It appears to me that the general consensus is World War, attacking each of the 3 enemy civs equally: The Indians by Spies and Cavalry, the Babs and Carths by coastal Ironclad attack and then Riflemen/Cavalry occupation. Then using Spies and Cavalry for all remaining inland cities.

I'm not sure we have enough to do all 3 civs at the same time overwhelmingly, but I don't mind if we eat each one piecemeal, either. The result is the same, and will occur at about the same time.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old June 24, 2002, 19:16   #42
atawa
King

It would also make a nice ending if we take them out in the same turn
Old June 29, 2002, 10:38   #43
Kataphraktoi
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data AngelsNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Emperor

Local Time: 23:08
is it just me,or is every clad we have is on sleep?

we should have these clads killing city defenders,not snoozing...

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''
Old June 29, 2002, 11:03   #44
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

And this is my proposal for this turn - continuous bombardment.

Presidential Candidate.
MrWIA.