Old June 24, 2002, 21:12   #1
gentleriser
Settler

Local Time: 22:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Trading wish list
1 - I'd like to be able to link trading to reputation. In a scenario, I'd like to include a controversial luxury (or resource) such as cocaine. I *can* trade cocaine at any time, and in fact make a mint on it, but the civ I'm supplying it to wouldn't exactly love me for it.

Also, the moment I do, my waste and corruption increase, as it does for my trading partner.

It's also possible this might be more easily accomplished by using spy missions to supply cocaine to another civ. They need to figure out its you that's responsible for their society's ills before they figure out you're the one they need to kill.

2 - Resources or luxuries that disappear progressively... not to pop up elsewhere. Imagine the world running out of iron - do you build all the swordsmen you can, or devote yourself to science, to move on to units that don't require iron any more?

3- I've said this before, but I'd like animals to not stick around huge cities throughout history. Cattle should disappear just like iron does. If you build a city of 1 million people, why would that herd of horses stick around? Sugarcubes? I don't think so. Animals migrate.
Old June 25, 2002, 04:59   #2
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1) Trading Cocaine may be contraversile in your mind, but really it is like any other good---Individuals trade and use it as they see fit. The problems of cocaine stem from prohibition of cocaine, not the substance per sa.

2) This is a very realistic suggestion. Excellent. And because we rush to future techs, Iron should never fully run out.

3) The cattle et el, are crucial if we are to have big cities in the game, I am afraid. Since we can not trade food amongst cities.
Old June 25, 2002, 05:37   #3
spy14
Prince

Local Time: 03:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1) Trading cocaine sounds good - target Civs corruption levels go through the roof as you get their people hooked and they turn to crime to feed their habit, target Civ starts to hate you (unless target Civ is the UK, government here wants to legalise all the drugs - guess they drooling at the potential tax revenue or something ) Anyway, it would add another element to the game.

2) New resources are found all the time - theres only 30 years supply of oil left right now, and there was only 30 years supply left in the 1960's , so I think resources still should be discovered elsewhere

3) What Sean said
Old June 25, 2002, 10:23   #4
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 23:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1) Eh, seeing as how Civ III makes you negotiate all trades through the civ's leader, I don't see how anyone would allow cocaine into their country. There's no smuggling in Civ III.

2) Play Age of Empires, it gets rather boring when the resources run out. The game is basically over except for one final battle. I think it would actually lessen the strategy involved in the game.

3) There's certain places where it is easier to raise cattle, horses, etc. This is what these tiles represent. It's not that there are always cows there, but that that tile is a good place to raise them. When someone lives on that tile, they can raise cattle.