Old June 25, 2002, 11:32   #1
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 21:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another Succession Game....
OK, the year is 500BC, your are the Greeks, you have five cities, the only other civ that you know is Japan, your at peace with them (for now...... ), you know Alpahabet, Bronze Working, Ceremonial Burial, Code of Laws, Horseback Riding, masonry,mysticism, pottery, warrior code, the wheel, and researching Monarchy. And the level is Deity, theres six other civs, and the barb. level is at the highest level, GOOD LUCK (you will need it..............)
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ig.zip (15.7 KB, 4 views)
Old June 26, 2002, 11:24   #2
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Did you play it until 500bc, or use accelerated startup? I'll take a turn in the next day or two if nobody jumps in...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old June 26, 2002, 14:22   #3
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 22:13
Sounds cool. I'm also wondering, if that is an accelerated start or otherwise how things got to be where they are.

I'm already playing 2 succession games so I will probably sit this one out, but check in occasionally to see how it's going.

STYOM

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old June 26, 2002, 15:42   #4
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 03:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sounds good, but I am overextended with three of the current crop - will have to sit this one out - good luck all

SG[1]
Old June 30, 2002, 22:04   #5
Marquis de Sodaq
King

The people grew tired of the corrupt regime, and overthrew the governing goons. In their stead, they crowned Marki Desodak as the first Greek king.

The wise men set about formulating a pantheon of gods to worship. For some reason, elephants were tamed around the same time. Some are currently being trained for war. They now wish to find some use for long, sharp poles called pikes. They have proven a bit cumbersome for hunting and fishing, perhaps an idea will come to our wise sages...

In the 500 year reign of the new king, the people multiplied. The town of Pharsalos was settled on a desert, but the people are not hungry! A nearby oasis is full of food, and the sea teems with whales. A venturesome horseman explores to the west.

At the end of his long reign, the king decides he's had it with palace life. He packs his bags and walks off toward the hills, whistling a merry tune. He wishes his successor well, and is not heard from again...

intelligence to few.
Old June 30, 2002, 22:06   #6
Marquis de Sodaq
King

But luckily, he remembers to mail the save game to the palace! Alas, the package did not have a return address...
Attached Files:
File Type: sav ig1.sav (153.8 KB, 3 views)

intelligence to few.
Old July 11, 2002, 21:04   #7
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
Looks like a quasi-amnesiac game, but you really should mention it is MGE.

John, you didn't mention that you were building Oracle, of all things… maybe the good ones were taken already given the accelerated start. It has been so long since I built Oracle, but I seem to recall that it dies when any civ gets Theology. Or am I nuts?
Old July 11, 2002, 22:26   #8
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Yes, the Oracle expires early. It's usually best to switch to another wonder.

intelligence to few.
Old July 11, 2002, 22:31   #9
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Strange Greek game…
Fortunately, Fuedalism comes along just in time to switch production from Oracle to Sun Tzu.

It appears the Japs and Ruskies have cost each other a city or two, with a roaded and irrigated no-man's zone between them. We exchange a couple techs with Cathy. The French attacked Sparta with a Trireme (hey, thanks for giving our Phalanx some easy battle experience). Our Elly finds Marsailles on our continent. We've a couple turns to go before we domesticate the camel.

Greatly offended that some fool built Pharsalos one tile away from a vital canal location, Straybow the Canalbuilder settles for a silly lake link across the peninsula. The canal tile would've had two specials, which is good enough for a strategic city location. There is another four special location a little ways to the west if quadding is so important.

Straybow retires, muttering something about succession games…
Attached Files:
File Type: sav al0420.sav (155.8 KB, 3 views)
Old August 13, 2002, 17:27   #10
Straybow
Emperor

bump
Old August 13, 2002, 17:39   #11
King

Hmmm... MGE? I'll d/l later and take a turn, now that almost all the games I was playing are finished.

Assuming that would be ok...?

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old August 14, 2002, 11:51   #12
King

Mysterio Succession game (MGE)

STYOM takes over a lost Empire of Greeks.

Well, we don't have HG, Colossus, MPE, or Pyramids. We can't build Mike's yet, and we have no embassies with anyone. Our power is 'Weak'. Trade is a turn or so away from being discovered. Good Times...

However, we do have STWA, and we know the French have HG and are just to our west... soo... it may be time to ICS and relieve them of the watering duties.

420AD: Playing with tax rates does nothing, so they remain at 3.0.7. Build orders left unchanged.

440: Trireme built and heads north. A few Settlers head west for ICS purposes.

Aztecs are almost finished Oracle.

460: Trade discovered; rsch Writing (to Mono). Some production switched to Caravans.

Aztecs build Oracle. Suckers.

480: Temple in Dephi>Caravan. Herakleia founded.

500: Russians gloat about Engineering and start KRC. Russians demand things, we tell them to get lost; thus, we have War. We swap Trade and CoL with Japanese for Republic and Mathematics - Japanese also know Banking, Bridge Building, Seafaring and one other. French refuse to trade sciences with us and refuse offered sciences - thus they must know all that we do

Just noticed... Feudalism = no Warriors for martial law

520: Japanese refuse a knowledge exchange

540: Ephesos founded.

560: Thessalonika founded.

Japanese and Aztecs start KRC.

580: Nothing of importance.

600: Rhodes founded. Alliance with Japanese - but they can do nothing for us at this time

620: Nothing...

640: Writing discovered>Literacy

660: Silk Athens>Lyons, 30g. It's a start.

STYOM rides off into the sunset and wishes his successor good luck
Attached Files:
File Type: sav al_a660.sav (157.1 KB, 3 views)

Old August 14, 2002, 16:49   #13
King

I was tempted to go to Republic, but felt it would make more sense to either wait until we relieve the French of HG (Elephants on the way) and/or build Mikes. That, or bypass Republic and head for Communism or Fundy.

This one could prove to be something of a challenge. At this point, it's almost a no-wonder game. Science is at 9 turns... same as when my turns started, despite adding some cities. Trading can obviously relieve some of the burden our coneheads bear.

Old August 15, 2002, 19:45   #14
Straybow
Emperor

Obviously John used an accelerated start option. I hate that because while it is sometimes generous in city sizes the Artificial Idiot lives up to its name in choosing sites, and you get screwed in the Wonders department.
Old August 15, 2002, 20:55   #15
King

As a handicap on the human player, though, the accelerated start is a lot simpler to manage than any of the other handicaps (no science wonders, no bribing, only certain govt's allowed) we've seen in succession games. Quite straightforward. And at this point, it has proved to be a challenge... we are decidedly mediocre, currently.

But yes... the city sites are annoying and not having any of MPE/Pyr/Col/HG is more annoying...

I guess that's good. Too many successions are cakewalks.