Old June 26, 2002, 17:09   #1
Lafayette
Settler

Local Time: 22:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Will Apolyton Pack work for me
I just got CTPII last week. According to the information in the exe file, it's version 1.2.0.0, but the Apolyton Pack says that it requires patch 1.11 and the Modswapper. Unfortunately, when I try to download Modswapper, I get the following:

Error including libraries: Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at functions.pl line 55.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at functions.pl line 55.
Compilation failed in require at review.cgi line 8.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

So will this mod pack work for me or should I just forget it?
Old June 26, 2002, 17:26   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't worry, the Pack will definitely work for you, just not right now...

I'm not sure where you got that v1.2 from but that's not a CtP2 version number. It was probably the number of the build of the exe or something, you can ignore it. Just download the patch and install it. Unfortunately, the patch can AFAIK only be downloaded from Apolyton, which is not possible at the moment (see below).

The error you got while downloading ModSwapper is a problem with the database here on Apolyton, I just checked it and got the same error. So that has nothing to do with your game. My advise is to wait a few hours, the database will be fixed shortly (could be in 2 minutes, could take 2 days). Then you can download and install ModSwapper and Apolyton Pack normally (actually, you can already download Apolyton Pack right now, from either Dale's website or the temporary file database here on Apolyton (see the topped threads in this forum for links to both) - but without ModSwapper it won't be much good).

Sorry for the inconvience...
Old June 27, 2002, 04:25   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
In case you hadn't noticed yet, the databases are back online...