Old June 26, 2002, 21:32   #1
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 03:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Another suggestion re: Editor Patch or PtW XP
Hi Guys,

Before I begin, I'd like to put forward the following caveats. First, I realise that some of what I'm about to suggest might not be do-able! I also realise that the editor patch is probably already in it's last developmental stages, and so I'm probably too late but, for the record, I'd just like to list what I'd LIKE to be able to do with the new editor!

1) I've already mentioned how I'd like to put buildings as unit prerequisites, so I won't go over that again, but what about having buildings and/or resources as pre-requisites for certain tech advances? That would be so cool!

2) I'd like to be able to build Small and Great Wonders which give +25% production, or +25% commerce IN ALL CITIES!

3) I'd love to set techs which can make improvements and Small Wonders OBSOLETE!!

4) I'd love to build Wonders which grant +1 production, +1 food or +1 commerce in every square of the city it's built in, or in a single (all?) square of ALL CITIES!

5) I'd love to have in improvement which grants the +1 food ability of the harbour, or the +1 production of the Offshore platform, in land-based cities! (Might already be do-able, haven't tried it before though!)

6) I'd love to have buildings which, instead of doubling happiness, can double production or commerce in all cities.

7) I'd love to have buildings which can act as "Improvement X in all cities" (sort of related to 2) above!
Anyway, thats my WISHLIST, feel free to add any comments you like, or bag me for being unrealistic!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old June 27, 2002, 03:50   #2
zulu9812
King

Re: Another suggestion re: Editor Patch or PtW XP
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
6) I'd love to have buildings which, instead of doubling happiness, can double production or commerce in all cities.

7) I'd love to have buildings which can act as "Improvement X in all cities" (sort of related to 2) above!
Anyway, thats my WISHLIST, feel free to add any comments you like, or bag me for being unrealistic!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Well first of all, factories/power plants/marketplaces already increase production and commerce in cities. But you want a city imorovement that will give a bonus across an empire, just like a Wonder does - I don't think so.
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old June 27, 2002, 18:57   #3
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

No Zulu, I want a wonder, or a small wonder, which grants a bonus to production in ALL CITIES! As an example, I wanted to create a Small Wonder for a Mod called the Slave Labour System! It would grant a +25% bonus to production in all cities (but come with a negative culture penalty!) When I suggested it, about 7 months ago, I was told it couldn't be done!
If, however, the improvement flags were in the same pool as the Small and Great Wonder Flags, then it could, potentially, be achievable!
Hope that clears things up for you!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old June 29, 2002, 12:53   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:18
hi ,

ones in a while there are bugs that still reveal somethings in 1.16f , ....

they ought the fix the worker identity bug , ...

have a nice day
Old June 30, 2002, 19:29   #5
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Actually, I was thinking that there was something else I would like to be able to do with the new editor:

Though I know you can have buildings that reduce hapiness and culture, I'd like to be able to have buildings which give a benefit to happiness and/or culture, but give a science penalty or increase corruption. I would also like to know that it is possible to give buildings a negative rating for pollution (so it actually REDUCES pollution). This might already be possible, but I want to KNOW it is possible!
Oh, and just as a joke, heres a Small Wonder I thought of: "The Adelaide Submarine Corporation": Reduces production by 25% in all coastal cities, increases corruption and prevents your civ from EVER building submarines (well, ones which work, anyway!)

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old July 1, 2002, 14:27   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:18
hi ,

a serious setting ; global warming off , pollution on , ....

have a nice day
Old July 4, 2002, 19:27   #7
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

Been having another think, and there is another flag which I would like to see available in the editor patch! One which grants a building the ability to increase the number of effective cities your civ can build for the purposes of determining corruption! (As opposed to the forbidden palace flag!)
If such a flag were available, I'd give it to Small wonders like Senate, Parliament and Supreme Court, all of which could reside in your Capital (Making the loss of the capital an even greater blow, even in the absence of civil war )

Another feature I wish the editor had was an and/or function for unit, building and tech prerequisites!!
For example, if a unit requires a strategic resource, you should be able to say it requires coal OR oil!! Same for buildings and techs!
Anyway, just a thought!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old July 4, 2002, 22:14   #8
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You can increase the optimal city number, but that is a world size setting. It would be nice to have it. Can't you do that now with 1.21 adding center of empire for other Wonders?
Old July 5, 2002, 00:32   #9
The_Aussie_Lurker
BtS Tri-League
King

I'm not actually sure what can be done with the editor post-1.21, as I haven't tried using it for modding recently! Even so, it would just be great to be able to build Small Wonders that actually increase your optimal number of cities (with the number the building adds being editable!) This way, you can have all of your federal buildings in your capital, as they actually are in REAL life and, therefor, be able to create a real Canberra or Washington (where the Federal Capital is on the East Coast!)
Anyway, that's what I'd like to see!

Yours,
The_Aussie_Lurker.
Old July 5, 2002, 01:24   #10
kring
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerNationStatesCTP2 Source Code ProjectApolyton UniversityCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I agree.

I haven't used the center of empire in 1.21, but my understanding was that it created the effect of Forbidden Palace when checked. Whether it actually did or not, I don't know since I haven't tried it, either in 1.21 or before.

I just increased optimal city number by level to reduce corruption that way. In 1.21, you do have a slider scale for corruption, from 0 to 200% IIRC, though why anyone would want 200% is beyond me. :O