Old October 26, 2000, 17:15   #1
Voltar
Warlord

Local Time: 18:46
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Unit Editing - Abilities
Well I recently got Civ2 MGE and was happy as a clam to see the scenrio editor (kinda crappy) and I took it upon myself to start editing some units on a premade scenrio I dug up somewhere. So I click on the abilties button... nothing... I click again (see previous nothing), then I start rapdily clicking for a period of about 6 seconds fuming and royally cheesed off I say screw it and go to sleep. Now fresh after a hard day of school I try it again same stuff. Now I ask you, the Civ2 Community, why won't that accursed menu appear? Also when editing Special Rules (or something similar) in the Cheat menu->Scenrio Paramaters the whole menu closes and nothing happens. Anyone got a reason for that?
Old October 26, 2000, 22:53   #2
zyxpsilon
Warlord

Local Time: 22:46
Editing from the MGE "editors" is documented fact for one simple reason; the Printed manual states some options are available.
Most of it was programmed and distributed BEFORE versions were actually framed and burned on CD's by Microprose & Hasbro.
I have yet to see a "patch" for what you mentioned.
Old October 26, 2000, 23:44   #3
Cam
King

Local Time: 08:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm surprised this query hasn't received an avalanche of condemnation of the editors already, however...

By and large the only editor really worth its salt is the events editor, and even then there are some difficulties when using it with 'no, no' technologies - you might want to read the following scenario design tip by Gothmog on this at; sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_embed_events.shtml

As such, your best move would be to go straight to the files and edit rules.txt directly (remembering to have a backup copy of this file should anything go wrong).

It's not a satisfactory answer to your question, but hopefully one that works.

As for
quote:

Also when editing Special Rules (or something similar) in the Cheat menu->Scenrio Paramaters the whole menu closes and nothing happens. Anyone got a reason for that
... I'm not sure what "nothing happens" means, but often the scenario needs to be saved and re-loaded for some of these effects to be implemented.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited October 26, 2000).]
Old October 27, 2000, 20:50   #4
Smokey tha nuke man
Warlord

Local Time: 22:46
da smokes heres ya. changes not taking effect and menus not working is one of the reasons he hasn't made a scenario for a while. it seems to work now how ever. try getting civ2 fantastic worlds, that has some nice scenarios to edit
Old November 7, 2000, 18:01   #5
Andz83

hey, da smokes! all kool over there?

Old November 15, 2000, 19:24   #6
jcarkey
Warlord

Local Time: 16:46
There is a patch for MGE. It is version 1.3. You can download it in the ACS database. I'm not sure if it'll help you though.

------------------
What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org