Old June 28, 2002, 22:54   #1
Dimorier Maximus
Warlord

Local Time: 03:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I sure hope...
That in the Play the World editor, there is a dadgum minimap. Do you know how hard it is to make a map without a minimap? Yeah, I'm sure you do.

I also hope that you can pick which civ starts where on a certain map...ala Civ2.

Basically, I hope that they go back to Civ2 Mapeditor, and add in everything into the Civ3 editor that was in the Civ2 one that they left out in the first place.

I also hope that they allow all the Cheat options in some form or fashion that you had in Civ2. Those were great for making scenarios...maybe call them Scenario Tools instead of Cheat.
Old June 28, 2002, 23:54   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 03:26
Re: I sure hope...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dimorier Maximus
That in the Play the World editor, there is a dadgum minimap. Do you know how hard it is to make a map without a minimap? Yeah, I'm sure you do.

I also hope that you can pick which civ starts where on a certain map...ala Civ2.

Basically, I hope that they go back to Civ2 Mapeditor, and add in everything into the Civ3 editor that was in the Civ2 one that they left out in the first place.

I also hope that they allow all the Cheat options in some form or fashion that you had in Civ2. Those were great for making scenarios...maybe call them Scenario Tools instead of Cheat.
Um, there will be a minimap for the editor in the upcoming free patch....
Old June 29, 2002, 01:23   #3
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 22:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The lack of a Civ 2 style Cheat Mode (and scenario building) remains a major problem with Civ 3 - and a ripoff as the Civ 3 box never said those vital elements were missing.

The Cheat Mode in Civ 2 was great. I used it for such as controlling my own accelerated startups, or switching sides in a scenario.
Old June 29, 2002, 02:31   #4
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 21:26
Quote:
maybe call them Scenario Tools instead of Cheat.
I agree completely. Everytime I wanted to make a scenario, I felt so guilty . You can call me a liar, an egotist, a communist, but Im not a cheater *sob*....

Kman
Old June 29, 2002, 08:59   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 23:26
The "June" editor patch (no longer June though) will contain the editor that can do all of those things. The 'cheat mode' is very unlikely to be included in that patch though, and highly doubtful for PtW.
Old June 29, 2002, 12:41   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:26
hi ,

the game is fun , and small kids can play it without a cheat , so why should it be there , ......

start easy and go up , ...

placement of units and such is something else , and it shall be with us very soon , ....

more units , more buildings , more wonders , more tech's , more era's , ....thats what we need .

they have to fix some bugs , ....like the worker identity

have a nice day

Last edited by Panag; June 29, 2002 at 12:54.
Old July 2, 2002, 07:02   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:26
Quote:
The lack of a Civ 2 style Cheat Mode (and scenario building) remains a major problem with Civ 3 - and a ripoff as the Civ 3 box never said those vital elements were missing.
It never said they were present either. No one said they were. YOU may consider them vital elements to a Civ game; I don't. And I'm sure there are others who think the same as me.
Old July 2, 2002, 14:40   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:26
hi ,

one does not need to cheat in the game , ....

and with the new editor it shall be easy to make a scenario , ....

the cheat mode in civ 2 was used a lot to build a scen , now that is no more needed , .....

as for the date , they prefer with good reason to hold it back , so that when it comes out , its nearly failproof , ....

have a nice day