Old September 9, 2002, 18:36   #181
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 22:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another thing - shouldn't it be the Leemur Trophy? I entered the Leemur leader name and it worked! I had 2 settlers and all that gold and PW. I thought "Wow!" and I was thinking of all the things I would do to get off to a great start. But then I just quit the game - I need to do other things now.
Old September 10, 2002, 20:43   #182
Cookie Monster
King

September 14 or 15 will work for me
Old September 10, 2002, 22:11   #183
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:32
Quote:
Originally posted by ETB
Another thing - shouldn't it be the Leemur Trophy? I entered the Leemur leader name and it worked! I had 2 settlers and all that gold and PW. I thought "Wow!" and I was thinking of all the things I would do to get off to a great start. But then I just quit the game - I need to do other things now.
Well, since Leemur is the cheat code for the game, having a "Leemur Trophy" would be like awarding a "cheaters" trophy - wouldn't it?
Old September 11, 2002, 15:09   #184
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 04:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So the winner of the "Lemur Trophy" would be like awarding the best small monkey-like nocturnal animal?
Old September 11, 2002, 15:11   #185
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
So the winner of the "Lemur Trophy" would be like awarding the best small monkey-like nocturnal animal?
Exactly!
Old September 11, 2002, 18:55   #186
ETB
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Well, since Leemur is the cheat code for the game, having a "Leemur Trophy" would be like awarding a "cheaters" trophy - wouldn't it?

Good one Wittlich!
Old September 12, 2002, 05:14   #187
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

I'm officially in the tourny. Just keep in mind it'll be my second MP game ever, so please don't squash me during the first 5 minutes...

Old September 12, 2002, 05:53   #188
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:32
A little update on the Tournament: we currently have 14 participants. I still haven't heard from any of the Skaven or Guardians people (well, only from Mazaika, but he's pretty much retired from CtP2 MP, from what I understood), a pitty as they're fairly experienced players with a good chance to win this tourney. Hopefully I'll hear from them in the next 36 hours or so, otherwise we'll have to play without them. On the flipside, that does mean that all the (MP) newbies have a much better chance at winning, I'm sure you n00bes won't mind that

The list of confirmed participants so far (if your name is not on the list but you want to play, let me know ASAP):

1. Maquiladora
2. Oerdin
3. Immortal Wombat
4. Turambar
5. dregman
6. Wittlich
7. Haupt. Dietrich
8. Wise Ass
9. ETB
10. mkalthoff
11. Shadow
12. TheArsenal
13. Repistes
14. mapfi

With 14 people we'll have two games with 3 players and two with 4. Only Wittlich and Shadow can't play next Saturday (well, Shadow can play for 2 hours but that's a little short if you ask me), so unless new participants arrive in the next 36 odd hours, I will randomly select one of the people who *can* play and he will have to play against Wittlich and Shadow at another time, while the rest gets drafted into one of the other 3 teams and will play this Saturday.
Old September 12, 2002, 08:08   #189
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Locutus, you're not playing?...
Old September 12, 2002, 17:26   #190
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

No, I'm not, for 2 main reasons:

1) I don't have time to organize AND play in this tournament (and playing is actually worse than organizing, it's hard for me to be available 4-6 hours on end, I usually only have 1-2 hours after which other duties require my time, for organizing stuff this is not really a problem, for playing it is)
2) If I, as organizer of the Tournament, would play, it would inevitably jeopardize my neutrality. If the draft would be favourable for me, that would look suspicious (and even if most of you would trust me, if even one person has starts complaining about it, it would bring the whole tournament down). Also, if there are any conflicts or tie-breaks or whatever, some independent person needs to be able to step in and solve it. If I play I can't be that person.

I might play some MP games in the future but not for an Apolyton Tournament...
Old September 12, 2002, 17:53   #191
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I'd love to be part of this, unfortunately like Locutus, my schedule will not permit me to spend the required amount of time . So I guess that I'll have to stick to SP for now, and PBEM when it's ready(hear that Pedrunn ).

Good luck to all of the competitors
Old September 12, 2002, 18:33   #192
Shadow
Warlord

Local Time: 13:32
I'm afriad I have to pull out of playing this weekend folks. Can't connect when I'm on an aeroplane... Open from Tuesday onwards to Saturday though.
Now the fat lady's singin'...
Old September 12, 2002, 18:42   #193
Locutus
Deity

centrifuge,
Too bad, it would have been nice to have you in. But oh well, PBEM is fun too

Shadow,
As you can see in my second last post, I had already counted on that
Old September 13, 2002, 14:56   #194
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 03:32
Sorry everyone I'm going to have to pull out as I completely forgot I'm playing hockey Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning plus the East Anglian Derby (Norwich vs Ipshit) is on telly I think in the afternoon.
Old September 13, 2002, 16:49   #195
Locutus
Deity

Pulling out for tomorrow or for the entire tourney? It would be a shame to loose you for the entire Tourney, but it wouldn't be a problem at all if it's just for tomorrow - in fact it would be perfect...
Old September 13, 2002, 22:06   #196
Locutus
Deity

I started a new thread here.
Old September 14, 2002, 17:42   #197
Addled Platypus
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMCall to Power PBEMCivilization IV PBEMBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Put me on the list...

Anyone else availbe thursday, friday

A wise mann once said- The enemy of my enemy is my friend..... Platypus Rex
Old September 14, 2002, 17:46   #198
Locutus
Deity

Platypus, read my last post, we moved to a new thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61843. (Sorry, I should have closed this one - still getting used to my new powers )

Please read my first post in that new thread carefully: you could well end up on a reserve list, depending on how things go (it's very chaotic right now so you could well get lucky).