Old March 20, 2003, 17:00   #331
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2139 underway
Turn sent. Nothing happening...which is a good thing for me right now. Now if only my populations would grow..
Data Angel Arcainite
Old March 21, 2003, 13:56   #332
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
turn sent
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old March 21, 2003, 15:57   #333
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:38
Turn sent
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 22, 2003, 19:12   #334
Thrar
Warlord

Local Time: 03:38
Turn sent
Old March 22, 2003, 20:54   #335
Phobos
Warlord

turn
Old March 22, 2003, 23:28   #336
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2140 underway
Turn sent. Next turn I will have finally shuttled my police forces around and can hopefully increase production speed to start TRYING to catch up to the next faction above me on the power grid. Even though I am not likely to win this game, I have learned a lot about how to start off. The map handicapped me somewhat. I am going to have to get my feet wet to have a chance and that might piss off Svensgaard. Hopefully not, but it is something that will have to be done.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old March 24, 2003, 13:06   #337
waab
Prince

turn sent
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old March 24, 2003, 14:42   #338
Lazerus
King

arci you should see my problems with population and Sven for some reason has just stopped talking to me after a friendly start, i think hes irritated because i'm bigger then him

Turn sent
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 24, 2003, 18:40   #339
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old March 24, 2003, 20:05   #340
Phobos
Warlord

turn
Old March 25, 2003, 08:18   #341
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2141 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old March 25, 2003, 14:38   #342
waab
Prince

turn sent
Old March 25, 2003, 15:43   #343
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Old March 25, 2003, 17:43   #344
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old March 25, 2003, 18:48   #345
Phobos
Warlord

turn
Old March 25, 2003, 22:11   #346
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2142 underway
Turn sent to waab.
I have a question I thought I'd ask here first, because I am a curious person...
Ok, you know how in Alien Crossfire they gave probe teams the ability to free political prisoners and restart them with a pact with their rescuer? What happens if I did that to free a former human player? Does the human player get to rejoin the game or does the computer take over that faction?
EXAMPLE: Let's say that waab got his headquarters taken by Lazerus and was imprisoned and tortured and all....let's say I move a probe team in and rescue him. Does he resume play or does the computer now control the Free Drones faction? It's an interesting question and I mean nothing against waab or Lazerus, I was just using them as an example.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old March 26, 2003, 06:00   #347
waab
Prince

Have no idea...you might test it on your own computer. Start an hotseat game with some humans player that youself play, kill one player, and rescue him with a thired.
Old March 26, 2003, 07:48   #348
Lazerus
King

We do not torture people, in this age of political correctness we 're-educate' them

Side question : Taking somebodies HQ eliminates them? I thought it would be the same as when fighting the AI that all bases have to be taken.
Also isn't Do or Die on therefore you can't free anybody in this game ?

Guessing your at school waab, otherwise turn not received. Thought it might have been too good to be true, taking a turn, waking up and its ready for the next
Old March 26, 2003, 10:46   #349
Phobos
Warlord

Taking someones HQ does not eliminate them. And you can free a captured leader even if do or die is on. I do it sometimes when im playing against the comp.
Old March 26, 2003, 17:48   #350
waab
Prince

Yeap I was in shool, and for the moment I am laking time, thats why this turn isn't sent before now. And Lazerus is correct we aren't torturing each other we reeducate as our housegod Stalin also did
Old March 26, 2003, 18:14   #351
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Old March 26, 2003, 19:04   #352
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old March 28, 2003, 06:09   #353
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2143 underway
Turn sent. Lazerus became really powerful recently..what did he finally defeat that fungal tower or something? Oh, and guess what everyone? I've already caught up to Deidre on the faction power chart! Really though, she's more powerful, but I must have done something right to catch up on the rankings.
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - I suspect it was the trade I did with Lazerus that caught me back up. Thanks!
PS II - Phobos forgot to say turn sent, but he didn't need to really since I check the e-mail fairly often.
Old March 28, 2003, 11:18   #354
waab
Prince

turn sent
Old March 28, 2003, 13:46   #355
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
The graphs are misleading, my good friend waab is expanding at a very good rate whereas im stuck in a corner. With my tech backing keeping him upto speed with every1 i think i've got a nice bodyguard

nope that tower is still there
Old March 28, 2003, 15:18   #356
waab
Prince

Of course the brave drones will gladly offer there life for the glorius Hive.
Old March 28, 2003, 21:29   #357
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

what an alliance, free drones and hive...
since you are producing 5 colony pods, i suppose u found a way out of your corner? Go wherever you want with that transport, but if it is my island i will have to consider that an offensive action.
Old March 29, 2003, 08:15   #358
Lazerus
King

whats with everybody being so threatening. Tight base packing is a speciality of the Hive remember. You wouldn't like me as a room-mate ? Nice area you have anyways, lucky getting that mineral bonus.
Old March 29, 2003, 11:33   #359
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent.

PS - I didnīt forgot to post, the forums where down or something like that. couldnīt connect to poly.
Old March 30, 2003, 02:21   #360
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2144 underway
Turn sent to waab.
That is a bizarre alliance...the free drones and the human hive? Well, intense rivalry IS off.....
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - My hat is off to Phobos. Damned good job of keeping everyone in the dark...for now.