Old March 30, 2003, 09:52   #361
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turn sent

What is the problem with a Hive-Drone pact?

We bouth belive in the collective
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old March 30, 2003, 10:55   #362
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:38
Turn sent.

Waab is correct, both have communistic tendancies. Anyways im a kind man when the people do what you're told after all, all Hive bases come equipped with defenses to keep the people safe from hostiles such as mind worms.

Its abit more realistic then the anarchists and the worlds government
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 30, 2003, 12:54   #363
Thrar
Warlord

Local Time: 03:38
Turn sent

from my view, the Hive is a stalinistic state, like the SU under Stalin, China under Mao etc., while the free drones try to be the idealistic communism philosophers like Marx had in mind. The drones (truly, imo) seek a free and enjoyable life for every member of their society, while the Hive is driven by the hunger for power of their functionaries, and ultimately their leader.
Imo, those two are (theoretically) as much opposed to each other as Deidre and Morgan.

I wouldn't go so far as calling the Data Angels anarchists, they want as much personal freedom as possible, but still accept rules necessary for their society. Just as for the peacekeepers, free expression for the individuals is most important for them, although i suppose that running a planetary government would be too much for them ^_^.

by the way, Lazerus, would you mind sending the future turns to thrarxx@hotmail.com ? The other mail is pretty much spammed to death, and i won't use it much longer i think. It should also work with zipped turns then (for the hotmail account only). gl hf all
Old March 30, 2003, 16:55   #364
Phobos
Warlord

turn
Old March 31, 2003, 17:13   #365
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2145 underway
Damn anarchists...quit causing trouble for my cities! I might have to start giving some of my people the ultimate punishment for a data angel....take away their computer privelages for awhile! That will get them back in line!
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - Turn sent to waab.
Old April 1, 2003, 12:46   #366
waab
Prince

turn sent
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old April 1, 2003, 13:50   #367
Lazerus
King

Hotmail is so slow at the moment ... turn sent in about 3 minutes when the page eventually loads.
Damn i'm having a bad game at the moment In the other game i'm in right now i've already got a base past 20 minerals causing eco damage that has snatched a SP and my pop is atleast 1.5 times bigger and my tech and former production in this game pales in comparison ... ah well time to struggle on blindly (this is probably one of the few games i've tried blind research, dont even play it against the AI that often lol).

Turn 2145 sent to Brother Thrar

ps, yes arci i realise your starting island is by far the worst of the lot
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old April 2, 2003, 06:27   #368
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 2, 2003, 21:24   #369
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent
Old April 3, 2003, 00:46   #370
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2146
Turn sent.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old April 3, 2003, 13:08   #371
waab
Prince

turn sent
Old April 3, 2003, 14:13   #372
Lazerus
King

Turn sent ... really really should have got those formers earlier
Old April 3, 2003, 17:36   #373
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent
Old April 3, 2003, 17:40   #374
Thrar
Warlord

ah, i forgot.
turn sent, obviously
Old April 4, 2003, 01:15   #375
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2147 underway
Amen Lazerus...
This being both of our's first multiplayer game, now we know. I will be a stronger player for having played this game. And yeah, I did get a crappy island... no unity pods (at least not that I recall), wazzup with dat?
Data Angel Arcainite
Old April 4, 2003, 03:40   #376
waab
Prince

I got to Alien artifacts 2 scout rovers + somemore...

I am at school so turn is NOT sent....
Old April 4, 2003, 14:10   #377
waab
Prince

Turn...
Old April 4, 2003, 15:49   #378
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Old April 4, 2003, 20:43   #379
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 4, 2003, 21:46   #380
Phobos
Warlord

turn sent
Old April 5, 2003, 00:54   #381
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2148 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old April 5, 2003, 13:58   #382
waab
Prince

Turn sent
Old April 5, 2003, 15:50   #383
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Old April 5, 2003, 20:47   #384
Lazerus
King

Just been reading some of the strategy guides written by Vel and apparently the Hive is one of the best builder factions beaten only by the drones! and damn that -2 economy otherwise i'd be unstoppable . Peacekeepers are powerful thanks to their almost certain governor status until they're beaten in a war and easy pop booms. Probes obviously form the backbone of the Angels play. Aki is the one of the most powerful human factions and the Drones start off as a mouse that learns to roar after their punishingly (well normally) slow start

Last edited by Lazerus; April 5, 2003 at 21:17.
Old April 6, 2003, 00:05   #385
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 6, 2003, 04:46   #386
waab
Prince

Lazerus, personally I think I am growing pretty fast...
Old April 6, 2003, 07:18   #387
Lazerus
King

You are, thats why i said normally, had you been alone and taking 20years to get centauri ecology at the start i think thats when the drones are supposed to be punished to make up for their massive later game bonuses. Remember to leave some space for me when you start cranking out those crawlers
Old April 6, 2003, 14:51   #388
waab
Prince

laugh dream on comrade...
Old April 6, 2003, 21:19   #389
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 6, 2003, 22:30   #390
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2149 underway
Turn sent...certain sacrifices must be made in the name of progress....
Data Angel Arcainite