Old April 14, 2003, 06:22   #421
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turn sent
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old April 14, 2003, 07:14   #422
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:38
Turn Sent
Deidre declares war on the Hive for no apparent reason, her illogical tree-hugging ways are alien to us. Let it be known any collaborating with the Gaiains from now on will be viewed as an attempt to damage us via a third party and so will be viewed as acts of aggression.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old April 14, 2003, 09:51   #423
Thrar
Warlord

Local Time: 03:38
Turn sent

i hope you don't mind that i keep my pact with them, to get some trade while they are still there

no idea how on earth she came to attack you, suicidal tendencies i guess...
Old April 14, 2003, 12:47   #424
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent

She is probably sniffing xenofungus...
Old April 14, 2003, 23:14   #425
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2156 underway
Turn sent.
Old April 15, 2003, 12:08   #426
waab
Prince

turn sent, she is out of her mind...and soon dead...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old April 15, 2003, 13:47   #427
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
she could have been nice and waited 5 more turns for me to have a few mines built on my volcano but nooo ... i smell nerve gas ...
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old April 15, 2003, 15:39   #428
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 15, 2003, 19:08   #429
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent

::::News Flash:::

WAR!
Cyborg High command announced earlier today in a press conference that a state of war exists between the Cyborgs and the Pirates. According to our sources the leader of the pirate faction declared war after he was denied infromation on secret goverment research. We have also been told that Pirate forces have been spotted inside Cyborg territory. According to High command, troops have already been mobilized to deal with the threat.

Stay tuned for more information on recent events. Also dont forget to watch us tonight when Prime function Phobos adresses the Cyborg nation.
Old April 16, 2003, 03:03   #430
Thrar
Warlord

Holy ****!
WHY THE HELL DO ALL MY ALLIES GO TO WAR???

The Peacekeeper government is still unsure how to deal with this situation, we will talk to the Pirate leaders and hopefully get them to peacefully settle their problems with the Cyborgs.
Otherwise we will remain neutral, but are prepared to support our allies, should their territory be attacked.
We sincerely hope this conflict won't last long, and will come to a peaceful end soon.
Old April 16, 2003, 05:43   #431
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2157 underway
The Data Angels are in no position to offer much help to anybody, even though we have been asked to join in both wars. It will be awhile before I can do anything other than defend my bases...I just made some rookie mistakes with my bases in the early years and have a homeland with no unity pods to give me a much needed boost. I have another probe team question:infiltration. Does that mean in their territory or hanging out in their base?
Data Angel Arcainite
Old April 16, 2003, 07:13   #432
Lazerus
King

I wouldn't recommend it brother Lal. You had better restrain those scum of sea dogs as their hostile threats towards the Hive are becoming a blatant slap in the face to us aswell.
Chairman Lazerus wishes you all to know that the Hive stance is a clear one in support of Prime Function Phobos should the war go badly against them.
Old April 16, 2003, 11:03   #433
Thrar
Warlord

and so, we may end up in a nice little world war...
Old April 16, 2003, 13:28   #434
waab
Prince

In this year forces from the Drone Liberation army went into battle against the Gaians to defend our comrads in the glourios Hive.

A warning have also been sent, the drone party will support Prime Function Phobos in any war against any opponent...

Turn sent
Old April 16, 2003, 14:40   #435
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Hiverian recon rovers are currently having some nice stripes painted on them and will be entering service soon. The Gaiains will soon face a swarm of eager cadets out to prove their loyalty to Chairman Lazerus

Last edited by Lazerus; April 16, 2003 at 15:06.
Old April 17, 2003, 05:53   #436
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

Fortunately, our diplomats were able to convince Cpt Svensgaard to offer a truce to the Prime Function. Hopefully, this will be accepted by the Cyborgs' leader, and there won't be a conflict between them anytime soon.

(i don't know how this works in multiplayer, if it's AI vs AI they sign truce immediately, maybe there will be a message for Phobos or something, but Sven said he made peace.)

*I won't be here from this afternoon til sometime on Sunday, and won't be able to play the next turn until i'm back. Sorry about that, but i gave away my SMAC CD and thus can't install it anywhere else *
Old April 17, 2003, 08:34   #437
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent

I accidentily startet elections. Wanted to see how many turns there was left. Sorry for that in case i broke someones plans.
Anyway, here are the results so far.

Pirates (23) Lal
Gaians (11) Lal
Cyborgs (19) Yang
Data Angels (4) ?
Drones (26) ?
Hive (27) ?
Peacekeepers (58) ?

Cybernetic officials announced that a peace treaty is in place between the Cyborgs and the Pirates. But when we told them that the Pirate military presence in our territory isn´t welcome Svensgaard declared war again. The Pirate faction is starting to get really annoying. Prime Function Phobos made it clear that the primary objective of the Cyborgs now is to exterminate the Pirate presence on their continent. Svensgaards intensions are clear to us now and we shall not tolerate such behevior.

One other thing. I´ll be leaving tomorrow over the weekend and I wont be able to play any turns untill sunday.

Last edited by Phobos; April 17, 2003 at 11:40.
Old April 18, 2003, 04:22   #438
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2158 underway
*NEWS FLASH*
BoogeyMan007: Hey, did you hear about the war against our pactmates, the Gaians?
DoBeDoBeDoo: Yeah! And now she's convinced our guys to help her?
ZipDriveCrash: Whoa! Does she know how weak we are? This could be disastrous!
GrapeApeAid: I say bring it on! These guys expect us to let our friends get slaughtered and do nothing! Don't let complacency stand in the way of doing the right thing.

Data Angel Arcainite
PS - turn sent.
Old April 19, 2003, 05:06   #439
waab
Prince

Turn sent
Old April 19, 2003, 08:33   #440
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

I hope the time you'll have alone for now will help you to clear your head and restore peaceful relations Datatech Arcainite. You should remember it was not us who instigated this war.
Old April 19, 2003, 15:42   #441
Thrar
Warlord

Turn NOT sent. I will do it tomorrow afternoon when i get home.

Phobos: you broke my plans for delaying it as long as possible, while i am still certain to get elected, and maybe Lazerus' plans to be #1 when the next election comes up.

Arc: ARE YOU NUTS??
If i interpreted this correctly, and you actually declared war on Yang and Domai, you can only hope they'd be so kind and not attack your island. The Peacekeeper government want to state that they condemn the Gaian act of Aggression and will not support anything like that, no matter the diplomatic situation.
(no offense Arc, but i really don't understand where this is going)

on the pirate wars: I hope he will listen to me again when i ask him to make peace, after Phobos has killed his troops on his island. When you have done that, or if you may be losing the war, tell me and i'll talk to him again.

Last edited by Thrar; April 19, 2003 at 18:52.
Old April 19, 2003, 22:41   #442
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Did I declare war?
Not EXACTLY...Deidre asked if I would help again and has been supplying me with maps of the situation. I said yes this time. She's actually refused any non-tech-type help I offer. Stupid lady. Domai because he had just declared war, automatically defaulted to vendetta. If they come after me and kill me, then I can still be the mod or whatever it's called. If they divert forces to attack me, it gives Deidre a better chance of resisting. If I die, oh well, I really didn't fancy my chances of a comeback anyway. If I don't die, peace can still be achieved. I mean my integrity is still the highest level in the game! So that should tell you that I didn't declare war. I just accepted war. If Deidre loses but I live...it always leaves the door open for a prison break! Which I just want to see what happens with that, I think it would be neat.
This is my first multiplayer game. I think it showed. I started off poorly trying for the secret project too early and dealing with the mindworms that wrecked my main base and left my police forces stuck in neutral. The bottom line of a game though is to have fun. If I'm not having fun because I'm a yes-man, then it's not really much of a game, now is it? I'll get off my soap box now.

Arcainite
PS - I hope that the Peacekeepers will still be our allies..or maybe they have something to ENTICE me away from inviting the war to come to the Draconis Combine? Either way, I don't plan on being suicidal. If I see they are serious about exterminating me, I will likely either swipe their units away from them or sue for peace. The question is, do they want to send their forces so far from the real threat to possibly lose these forces to my probe forces?
Old April 20, 2003, 06:20   #443
Thrar
Warlord

Ah, that explains why i was at Vendetta with Domai, but not Yang. Since I will not support Deidres offensive war, I signed another treaty with Domai right after that.
What you do is entirely your decision, and i don't think i'd want to *entice* you away from it. :P
However, as i said about Sven, if they come and get you, you can count on my help, defensively. We are allies, after all.
Old April 20, 2003, 07:26   #444
Thrar
Warlord

btw, Arc, you may be right that your position isn't the best for winning the game (although no doubt there are players who could easily beat us), but if you start expanding some time soon, and get a decent number of bases, i think the game will become more interesting for you.
You can place 2 more bases on your island i'd say (one in the monoliths, one between your 2 ones), and maybe a third (take a look at Yang's, or some of mine, how they are packed), although you will have little space for each later then, once they grow to size 7 and beyond. Then there are several unoccupied islands, and you have flex, so you could reach them. With a couple of formers you could make some forests on the useless terrain, and build farms+solar collector/mine on the rainy squares. In the long run 2 sea formers, to make use of the water you have around, and once you worked all clean land squares, remove fungus.
Stop building stuff you won't need, or no time soon, which in your position is pretty much anything that is not directly related to expanding imo, maybe go on with the secret project now that you got that far, but you won't need pressure domes now (or ever, i'd say), for example. Colony pods, formers, and transport foils are what is important for you now. If you have money, use it to rush-build the stuff, maybe i can support you a little with that, governorship and the trade that comes with it gives me a decent income at the moment .
You are not much behind in tech at all, i have 1 or 2 more than you have, and Yang/Domai have others, but not really more than i do.
Old April 20, 2003, 09:08   #445
Lazerus
King

Arcainite there are several easy ways to render your small probe force ineffective should you provoke us into launching an attack

Quote:
If Deidre loses but I live...it always leaves the door open for a prison break! Which I just want to see what happens with that, I think it would be neat.
You'll grant deidre 1 colony pod,a former and a scout somewhere on the map, in return you'll have declared vendetta upon myself or Waab, whoever takes her head.

ps, thats if do or die is turned off.

Thrar has given some useful tips, even on your small island id have packed it with about 5 bases, monoliths are a really steady source of everything, my bases are still using them untill i get the better stuff built.

Last edited by Lazerus; April 20, 2003 at 09:16.
Old April 20, 2003, 12:42   #446
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent

do or die means players who are killed early are restarted, that option also existed in SMAC. Rescuing leaders is new in SMAX, i think it should work in every game. Interesting would be, what happens when the group who captured the leader is killed itself?

for the record, the votes:
Phobos (19): Yang
Roze (4): Lal
Deidre (11): Lal
Svensgaard (23): Lal
Domai (26): Yang
Yang (27): Yang
Lal (58): Lal

total 96:72 - nice
Old April 20, 2003, 13:30   #447
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old April 20, 2003, 17:49   #448
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2159 underway
Turn sent.
Old April 21, 2003, 05:12   #449
waab
Prince

Turn sent
Old April 21, 2003, 05:18   #450
waab
Prince

Arcai, it might be stupid to help an enemy but I say that you can build at least 4 more bases on your land.