Old July 19, 2003, 14:46   #541
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2175 underway
Turn was sent out long time ago, but the forums were down. I was actually witness to receiving it from Phobos and within half an hour had sent the game back to waab again.
Data Angel Arcainite
PS - Did ya have to wipe out Deidre? Now I'm the weakest one.
Old July 20, 2003, 06:53   #542
waab
Prince

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turn sent, and yes I had to wipe out deidra
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 20, 2003, 08:38   #543
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 04:38
The slave will be missed, she made a cracking breakfast

I see you completed the VW thrar, that was quick, last time i noticed you building a project you were only a few turns into it, cashing AA's i assume ?
Planetary Energy Grid has been completed on schedule by the great workers of the Hive.

Turn sent
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old July 21, 2003, 12:09   #544
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old July 21, 2003, 12:23   #545
Thrar
Warlord

Local Time: 03:38
Turn sent.

Laz, in your next turn you may again notice something you did not expect, and won't like much.
However, let me assure you that this step was only taken to take precautions for the case that i may lose governorship sooner or later, and is not meant hostile in any way.
I noticed your probe foil near my shore last turn already, and unless it will go hunting somewhere else in the near future, you can expect it to be sunken, or another, less friendly intrusion into your datalinks.

By the way, i don't know if you know it, but putting stockpile energy in the build queue is considered an illegal move in most games here, since there is some energy bug related to it.
I'm not sure if we said anything on that topic here, but i noticed you are using it, and so maybe we can make clear if it is allowed here or not.

no comment about the VW. God came down and helped me with his own hands or something.
Old July 21, 2003, 14:24   #546
Lazerus
King

heres me thinking i was just going to have a boring "your greedy pursuit of wealth disgusts me, i will carve you up unless you give me all your tech" conversation with the AI for the next 20turns.
I think i can guess by the sounds of it what you've done
PK's not being hostile this is why we do not believe your democratic lies
Intrustion into my datalinks ? If you're not talking about your council ability i assume we're at war now ? Wouldn't bother me really, you'd lose more energy from the trades.
The probes are just following pirate foils atm, the initial one was for infiltrating the pirates since they dont like me much (though its amusing how their stance went from seething to co-operative once my military passed theirs, maybe now they'll trade stuff). You've went to quite some measures to avoid being infiltrated anyways, probe every base so far as i can tell ... well ive only passed 3 or 4 so i dont see why you're worried So you sink my ship, i'll sink yours
wasn't sure about that with this being my first pbem so i read smhfan's rules and have just been following them since other ppl said its ok.
God lol you aint the believers, i would have thought continuing the planetary datalinks would have been infinately more use to you, but thats out of the question now.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old July 21, 2003, 17:38   #547
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

AA Turn 2176 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Spending on building queues should be allowed, because otherwise those who are LUCKY enough to find alien artifacts have a huge advantage.
Data Angel Arcainite

Last edited by Arcainite; July 23, 2003 at 14:33.
Old July 22, 2003, 07:20   #548
Thrar
Warlord

what are you talking about arc?
Old July 22, 2003, 08:09   #549
Phobos
Warlord

Im not sure but I think he means rush building and i think that alien probes are AA:s. Am I right?
Old July 22, 2003, 20:16   #550
Lazerus
King

Turn was sent ages ago, poly down lately.

Quite a surprise thrar getting me worried like that, just a question though, how could i interpret that action as hostile ? a slight bit intrusive maybe but thats been happening since you got elected
Old July 23, 2003, 13:54   #551
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent a couple of hours ago.
Old July 23, 2003, 19:04   #552
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old July 25, 2003, 02:33   #553
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2177 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old July 25, 2003, 09:44   #554
waab
Prince

turn sent...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 25, 2003, 14:01   #555
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

The Pirates complained about me running wealth and demanded a tech again, my reply was to tell them to get lost, needless to say Svens next action has proven he has a deathwish
The Hive navy has occupied a pirate base and will soon be conquering several more, clearing a large section of those dogs from the sea unless Sven has a sudden enlightenment.
Spare resources from the planetary energy grid have been ordered into a new secret project code named "The planetary datalinks" , we expect completion within a year.
Old July 26, 2003, 12:09   #556
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent.

Arc, what i meant is placing "stockpile energy" in the build queue, which means - due to a bug - iirc that u get the unit/building completed as usual, and if there are minerals left, you get half of them as energy credits.
However, in your next turn you can use those minerals to build something else, which means in the end you got the extra energy for free.
I checked a couple of your bases again Laz, and noticed this in about half of them - with PEgrid i guess thats about 15-20 more energy per turn than you would get usually.
Either way, i think we should decide if we may use it or not - i could use the extra cash as well.
Old July 26, 2003, 12:22   #557
Lazerus
King

PEgrid only increases energy not minerals so that wont affect it ? Also i've read abit more about it and it only works on military units so that means if will have only been affecting the recent foils that ive made to fight the pirates thus little impact, either way make a decision i've just been using rules posted in another thread since it wasn't mentioned and i thought i was following norm.

Last edited by Lazerus; July 26, 2003 at 13:06.
Old July 26, 2003, 12:25   #558
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old July 26, 2003, 15:07   #559
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Oh! I've never heard of that!
Ick! Ok then, nobody use that cheat! I have never done so and think it's awful that there's no fix for it?

Arcainite
PS - Turn 2178 sent to waab.

Last edited by Arcainite; July 26, 2003 at 15:30.
Old July 27, 2003, 07:12   #560
waab
Prince

turn sent...
Old July 27, 2003, 08:10   #561
Lazerus
King

Workings man hold was liberated this year from pirate forces. Hive forces also destroyed or captured around half of the pirates navy further speeding progress towards their domes.
Old July 27, 2003, 09:23   #562
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent.

gg :P
Old July 27, 2003, 10:44   #563
Phobos
Warlord

Turn sent
Old July 27, 2003, 23:22   #564
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

AA Turn 2179 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old July 29, 2003, 05:31   #565
waab
Prince

Turn sent
Old July 29, 2003, 08:05   #566
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

3 more pirate bases have been taken from Captain Sven, his days as an international power and terror of the seas are over.
Old July 29, 2003, 15:50   #567
Thrar
Warlord

Turn sent.

Terror of the seas? Must've missed that i guess...
Old July 29, 2003, 16:53   #568
Phobos
Warlord

turn
Old July 30, 2003, 02:35   #569
Arcainite
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Turn 2180 underway
Turn sent to waab.
Data Angel Arcainite
Old July 31, 2003, 06:03   #570
waab
Prince

turn sent