Old July 5, 2002, 05:02   #1
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 22:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Beyond Alpha Centauri::::::Discussion Thread 6
It's time for us to get on the ball once again. If your having some difficulity with story ideas just concentrate on your inner workings for awhile until everyone gets back up to speed.

Things like

How your government works
Internal pressures from different groups
Personel reflections from your leaders
How an average citizen goes about his or her life.
Take us on a brief tour of your holdings from the prespective an ordinary citizen.

Stuff like that.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2002, 10:54   #2
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 21:49
Ah, right-O. What I'm starting on now is more of the Guthrie's Rock expedition and a continuation of another plot, only taking a strange twist.

Anyway, when should we do the Terran peace talks?

Also, is it possible that I could write some bits about the Peacekeeper plot that Guardian and I developed for the Story Thread?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2002, 11:31   #3
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
How your government works
Internal pressures from different groups
Personel reflections from your leaders
How an average citizen goes about his or her life.
Take us on a brief tour of your holdings from the prespective an ordinary citizen.
Good ideas, all of them, too bad my website's almost getting cluttered with all that.

Dead? Hell no. Just in the ICU.
Old July 5, 2002, 11:34   #4
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I am aghast! Tis Kass!
Old July 5, 2002, 11:39   #5
History Guy
King

Man, whatever happened to Lonestar, General Tacticus, Franky, Mellian, Silence, Cybergod, and Sovereign??!!
Old July 5, 2002, 11:39   #6
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Oh please. You're the one who hasn't shown up for a while.
Old July 5, 2002, 11:41   #7
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Lonestar is in military service, IIRC. Mellian is just AWOL. Franky's in school (he posted in the last thread a couple of days ago). Silence, well, at least he hasn't shown up on ICQ for a while. About Cybergod there's a thread at AC-General, he the last time was online was in May. Sovereign was here a couple of days ago too. G. Tacticus, no idea.
Old July 5, 2002, 11:42   #8
History Guy
King

Yeah, yeah, that's right, point the finger when you know you're caught.
Old July 5, 2002, 11:45   #9
History Guy
King

Scattered all over the vast expanses of Apolyton like lost sheep, eh? The General, I see, is in the Civ3 Stories forums much of the time developing a pretty good Roman/American war story. So, Cybergod, Mellian, and Silence have vanished with nary a trace, eh? That's bad, pretty darn bad.
Old July 5, 2002, 11:52   #10
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yes, especially since my Latchett/Collins -storyline will involve the Conclave. Of course, I have already initially agreed about it with him but something unexpected might appear. Mellian is the TA expert, so her disappearence is very concerning, as I'd rather not take control of TA. Cybergod is almost equally bad, as the Titan Kingdom was just getting interesting.
Old July 6, 2002, 01:20   #11
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
Quote:
Good ideas, all of them, too bad my website's almost getting cluttered with all that.
If you bring some over here, your website might be less cluttered.

Seriously though, I'm (very slowly) writing some stuff. It might even get here before I go back to class.
Old July 6, 2002, 12:35   #12
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

If you bring some over here, your website might be less cluttered.
*coughbloodysherlockcough*

But the idea here was that writing that would gather up inspiration for actual story posts, was it not? Of course, I could post some stuff I've written, but not in the Story thread.

PS. Silence is on ICQ!
Old July 6, 2002, 16:43   #13
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 17:49
Mwa ha ha ha!

I have returned!!! Hey, Hey, Hey everyone, frankychan is back! How is everyone?
Well, I'm checking in once again to see how everything is going....seems like some people are getting a little uneasy about BAC's inactivity, but don't worry! I won't stop posting because, quite frankly, I want Yang to win!

Anyway, once again to let you all know, I won't have "normal" internet access this summer and it might take 2~3 days for me to respond to you.

Just to let everyone know what's up with the GHE:

My post for the UCS-GHE relations is coming along quite nicely (albeit slowly).

Sprayber has proposed a nice little GHE-exclusive plotline (I thank you for this interesting idea!) so I'm working on bio's for the new characters.

Basically, everything is fitting in nicely with my main plotline goal (which has been revised numerous times) so I still have my sights on it!

Never fret you guys, BAC is on summer vacation!
Oh, BTW, if you guys are lucky you might find me in the OT forum spouting more.....what did Kessel and Morgan say?......"Yang-propaganda", or something?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2002, 04:15   #14
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Funny, isn't it, how we seem to write more when we're not on vacation?
Old July 7, 2002, 14:20   #15
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 03:49
I been a rather tardy person when it comes to posting. I however do have a begings of a post in the works.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2002, 21:32   #16
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hi Silence!

Mr. President, good point. I guess writing is something you can stuff between homework and whatnot, but on vacation all the pasttime might require more lengthy spans of time. Bollocks to that, all I do is sit at the computer or the PSX.
Old July 7, 2002, 21:37   #17
Mr. President
Emperor

Hi Silence, nice to see you around.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
I guess writing is something you can stuff between homework and whatnot, but on vacation all the pasttime might require more lengthy spans of time. Bollocks to that, all I do is sit at the computer or the PSX.
There're just too many ways to waste time in modern society. It's no wonder that all the great novels were written before the advent of television.
Old July 7, 2002, 21:46   #18
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Besides, my writing ambitions are directed at a certain writing contest at this time... my twisted mind decided last night that combining FF7, FF8 and Star Trek in a fanfic would be a good idea.

"There're just too many ways to waste time in modern society. It's no wonder that all the great novels were written before the advent of television."

Did you come up with this? Just looking for the source, I think this should go to the quotes you get to read after posting and editing.
Old July 7, 2002, 21:50   #19
Mr. President
Emperor

As far as I know I made that thing up about television. It can't be that good, can it?

I once had an idea for a Star Trek - Star Wars crossover story. It never got written because I could never think of a good enough reason for the Enterprise to meet the Death Star.
Old July 7, 2002, 21:57   #20
Kassiopeia
Emperor

It's a heck better then most of the ones out there. Then again, the SMAC quotes I edited for the purpose still haven't showed up.

Star Trek - Star Wars crossover? Holy crpa, that sounds like a plan. The contest is on an FF forum, however...
Old July 7, 2002, 22:00   #21
Mr. President
Emperor

I understand. By the way, where did you find the FF forum? I can't find any, not even when I physically look through Google's directory.

I've been waiting for your SMAC quotes to show up as well. Haven't seen one yet.
Old July 7, 2002, 22:14   #22
Kassiopeia
Emperor

What if Enterprise's Captain was Ulrich Svensgaard?

http://www.fffin.com/foorumit . Now, there might be a slight problem with that place.

http://forums.ffonline.com/ is probably the largest. I'm registered there as well.

Oh, oh, and there's one that will in the near future have an English section, with me as an admin. So you and anyone of you people reading this would be more then welcome there once it's up and running.
Old July 7, 2002, 23:32   #23
Mr. President
Emperor

Would Starfleet employ someone as unstable as Svensgaard? Sounds interesting.

Keep us posted about the new forums. You are, I think, the first of this crowd to reach administrator status. I'd love to be a moderator but I don't have enough experience yet for most sites.
Old July 7, 2002, 23:40   #24
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm not hundred percent on that admin status (might not be able to spare the time), but I'll definitely become a (global) mod. If not, then I'll refuse translating any more stuff for them.

Uh. 6:41 AM. Time for some shut-eye.
Old July 7, 2002, 23:54   #25
Mr. President
Emperor

Good night. Good morning. Whatever.
Old July 8, 2002, 00:06   #26
Mr. President
Emperor

P. S.
Quote:
Originally posted by KassiopeiaWhere are those SMAC quotes? If there's a problem with them do tell.

There're just too many ways to waste time in modern society. It's no wonder that all the great novels were written before the advent of television.
-- Mr. President
%
Thanks an amazing amount! In gratitude, I will submit a quotation by you.
Old July 8, 2002, 02:27   #27
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 22:49
If you guys want to use the PKs in any of your story lines let me know what you have in mind. I'll try and make some guidlines so that we don't get conflicting images of the Peacekeepers.

If Guardian gets here then he can take over.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2002, 17:30   #28
History Guy
King

Well Spray, old bean, I have PMed you the basic Guardian/History Guy plot for the Peacekeepers. PM me what you think.

Hey! Great! THE HUNT IS BACK!!
Old July 11, 2002, 02:02   #29
Mr. President
Emperor

Guess who sat around all day today, not writing anything and learning that he has no idea how to play Final Fantasy? Come on, I'll give you three guesses.
Old July 11, 2002, 02:31   #30
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 17:49

let me guess......

That's pretty funny. That's ok, it usually takes me a while before I know how to play new games too!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote