View Poll Results: How active are you in this forum?
I read as many stories as I can and post as many comments as I can. 7 41.18%
I read my subscribed threads only, but post in those often. 0 0%
I read a lot of stories, but rarely/never post. 6 35.29%
I read few stories, but post in every one. 3 17.65%
I rarely read stories or give feedback. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 7, 2002, 23:01   #1
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 22:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Reader's Responses
I want this thread to be for the readers of this forum, especially the ones who rarely if ever comment on a story. It is very important you give authors feedback!

Tell us what you liked about our story: this tells us we're on the right direction and doing something right.

Tell us what you didn't like: this lets us know what to change.

More importantly, tell us WHY you liked or didn't like a story: this lets us improve our writing.

Please post your suggestions, comments and what not here, as well as participating in the poll, so we can improve the quality of the forum.

Also, make sure to vote in the Contest Preliminaries:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55070
Old July 8, 2002, 08:33   #2
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
This isn't a very good poll. At any given time anybody could fall into one of these categories. For example, Civman's been gone for a while now on vacation, but I would definitely not say that he doesn't read the stories or give feedback. This is an objective poll, and should be locked.
Old July 8, 2002, 09:06   #3
cbraund
Prince

Local Time: 03:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Only thing I don't like is it doesn't give reasons. I read stories whenever I have time, and try and give some feedback, but usually I'm too swamped with other things.

If I have time, I'll give feedback, if not, then I don't. I know as an author I like feedback, but I understand if people don't have time, and know that they can still tell me whether they liked it or not via the story contest(which is what I usually end up doing).

Chris
Old July 8, 2002, 09:10   #4
cbraund
Prince

And Metaliturtle, I've just read your sig. You think there's something wrong with you being the thrid best author? I'm supposedly the top one(not sure if I still am)!

I'm definetly not the best writer here, lol, I think that the best were during the golden time of Grundel, HawaiiFiveO, WTE_OzWolf and others.

But now it seems we're having a bit of a revival of great storytellers(and your latest, Forging of an Empire is damned good too).

Plus it's got to be a good time, I'm not writing lol!

Chris
Old July 8, 2002, 14:25   #5
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by cbraund
Only thing I don't like is it doesn't give reasons. I read stories whenever I have time, and try and give some feedback, but usually I'm too swamped with other things.

If I have time, I'll give feedback, if not, then I don't. I know as an author I like feedback, but I understand if people don't have time, and know that they can still tell me whether they liked it or not via the story contest(which is what I usually end up doing).

Chris
I also understand that sometimes people only have a few minutes to read the story, and no time to post feedback.

If you are too swamped with other things, but you still try to read/post comments as much as time permits, wouldn't that fall in the first choice?

Vacations and PCs spouting smoke that keep us from Apolyton should not be part of the equation.

Let me try to clarify the poll choices and its purpose.

First choice: You are as active as you can be. You read as many stories as time permits, and try to post as often as you can.

Second choice: Because of time restraints,etc, I read only my subscribed threads or a select few(personal favorites, etc.) and post in them as often as I can.

Third choice: I read a lot of stories, as many as I can, but, for whatever reason, I rarely, if ever, post in them.

Fourth choice: I read a few stories in the forum, ones that pique my interest, etc, and post often.

Fifth choice: I read few, if any, stories, and rarely, if ever, post in them.

By this poll, I am trying to see how active readers/writers are, and in what way.

I understand that many people, including myself, cannot devote a lot of time to this forum, and that they sometimes do not have access to Apolyton, due to vacations, acts of God, etc.

If you feel the poll choices aren't distinct enough, etc, maybe you can better explain it in a post. Elaborate. I realize that these posts may not be tailored specifically for you. To come up with enough choices for every possible scenario and reason would be an unrealistic goal.

Try to base your poll decision on your general, overall level of activity - not because you happen to be out of town at the moment.
Old July 8, 2002, 14:29   #6
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

This poll is already wrong, according to this there should be 6 replies from 6 different peeps
Old July 8, 2002, 14:31   #7
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle
This poll is already wrong, according to this there should be 6 replies from 6 different peeps

I'm confused.
Old July 8, 2002, 14:34   #8
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

I'm confused.

GOOD!! HAHAHA
Old July 8, 2002, 14:39   #9
Verto
King

You haven't won yet!

Mmmmm....Forbidden Donut...

Besides, I am in a constant state of confusion, so your no one special.
Old July 15, 2002, 19:25   #10
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I read a few, but post in all those which I read
Old July 16, 2002, 07:07   #11
beno
Civilization III Democracy GameMac
Chieftain

I never post and I can't read.
Old July 16, 2002, 11:08   #12
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Very telling.