Old July 8, 2002, 02:38   #1
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 23:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Corporate Machine
This is a fun and addictive little game by Stardock, the folks who are doing GalCiv.

Download the very playable demo...

http://www.stardock.com/products/machine/
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old July 9, 2002, 22:43   #2
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
*bump*
*bump*

*how many times can you bump? Without doing the *hump* *hump*

Love that demo
Old July 9, 2002, 23:06   #3
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 21:58
I played the original Entrepreneur game!
Old July 9, 2002, 23:15   #4
tniem
King

Local Time: 22:58
Downloading now. Is it worth playing the demo - can I get far enough before they cut me out of the loop? Or is it a game that I will need to buy to play?

Is it worth the cost?
Old July 9, 2002, 23:42   #5
DanS
Deity

I haven't paid the $20 for the full version yet, but will when I get more time to play the game multiplayer, etc.

In the demo, you get to build your own computer company. In broad brushstrokes, it goes through the history of the computer and integrated circuits.

Good fun.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old July 12, 2002, 16:56   #6
tniem
King

Downloaded the demo, will give it a try this weekend.
Old July 16, 2002, 23:37   #7
tniem
King

Played my first game this afternoon. Won on the easiest difficulty. Found it really fun but not worth spending money on. I guess I will play on some tougher difficulties and see how it goes. But it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info Dan!
Old July 17, 2002, 00:37   #8
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:58
Good fun, but I just don't see it having that much replay value.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:51   #9
DanS
Deity

Ratchet it up to a medium level and it's pretty challenging. The A.I. is good and you are forced to play a balanced game.
Old July 17, 2002, 20:46   #10
tniem
King

How much money do you usually start with?
Old July 20, 2002, 15:11   #11
DanS
Deity

I start with the default. $20,000?