Old July 9, 2002, 21:43   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 23:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
The Cause of Celebration
Shakti was the finest Zulu Warrior, probably the finest warrior anywhere, his prowess with a spear was matched only by his lust for battle, it's what he lived for, what he hoped to never die for.

There was only one reason that he fought as fiercely as he did, and that was his son, Omnibi. It was not until Omnibi was born that he started fighting as fiercely as he did.

This fierceness may sound strange to a European's or American's ears, but the culture of the Zulu is really what built in this fierceness. You see, in Zulu culture, the greatest shame for a warrior, was to have ones son become a warrior and still be fighting the same enemy. Shakti had seen several enemies go down hard, but this new enemy was different, they called themselves Egyptians, and they were much more organized than any of the tribes that the Zulu normally dealt with.

Outside of Memphis, Shakti got his first taste of a War Chariot. He saw the Horses, and was amazed that warriors were piloting TWO of these wild beasts! This was definitely an intimidating sight, but then Omnibi popped into his head.

"THE MAN TO BRING ME 1000 EGYPTIAN HEADS IS THE MAN WHO GETS 1000 ZULU WIVES!!"

Shaka could really motivate his troops when they were outnumbered...

Shakti didn't care about the 1000 wives, government issue wives were mostly ugly anyway, he'd much rather just finish off Egypt so that he could retire, and from his calculations he had 10 years to do it.

But back to the battle, the war chariot was pounding the ground like so many sledgehammers and it was rather frightening to some of the Zulu, but not Shakti. He stood his ground, and with a deft motion, leapt over the horses and landed on the Chariot platform.

It took two motions of his spear, In, and up, to kill the charioteer, but he was glad, for now he could turn the Egyptian weapon against them, now if only he could find the controls.

TEASER HAHAHA

what do you think, should I continue or put it out of it's misery now?
Old July 9, 2002, 21:50   #2
TheGuitarist
Warlord

I'm liking this.

It's got action and a character to flesh out. I vote keep going!
Old July 9, 2002, 21:53   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Kinda inspired by your story actually, Guitarist.
Old July 10, 2002, 09:44   #4
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Really. Remarkable.
I can't see how the two are related though...
Old July 10, 2002, 10:43   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Shakti was initially really good with a bow
Old July 10, 2002, 11:01   #6
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Oh, I see.
The next installment of Frater Meus is up, if you'll excuse my shameless self-promotion.
Old July 10, 2002, 16:30   #7
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 20:03
Good so far. Please continue! Oh, and I read Zulu Rules, Metaliturtle. It was fantastic. When I complained about the lack of Zulu stories, did that have anything to do w/this story, being in the point of view of the Zulu? And are there any good Iroquois stories? I've never seen one that is from their point of view, and I've read only two or three that they're in and they're bad guys. Well, in On the Brink (or is it To the Brink? it's sad how I forgot the name of one of my favoriute stories) they were kinda good guys, but still...
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old July 10, 2002, 23:18   #8
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 04:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Excellent start Metaliturtle...keep it coming. You've fleshed out the start well and described how Shakti reacted upon seeing new weaponary superbly. Looking forward to the next part.
Old July 11, 2002, 03:35   #9
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I Definitely write better when I have a girlfriend I'll try to post before the weeks out. I think this is the first overly good review you've given me OzWolf, could it be that the student hath become the master?
Old July 11, 2002, 09:59   #10
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

i stopped writing when i had a girlfreind..... odd.
Old July 11, 2002, 10:00   #11
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

it's a good story
Old July 11, 2002, 10:54   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
King

SKILORD, it's more of "Metaliturtle's write better the more needs that are met...."