Old January 16, 2003, 19:25   #421
smhfan86
King

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
07 to flubber
Old January 17, 2003, 02:53   #422
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:06
2207 to smartfart
Old January 17, 2003, 06:10   #423
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 06:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
...to Comstar.
Old January 17, 2003, 17:48   #424
smhfan86
King

08 to flubber

It is with great regret that I must announce that the Gaians have launched a pre-emptive strike against the PKs, under the dictatorship of Comstar.

As Comstar showed great interest in developing Doctrine Air Power, I had no choice but to protect my Empire from the threat of weapons of mass destruction.

Especially, considering the proximity of the PK Empire.

-SMH
Old January 18, 2003, 01:39   #425
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

2208 to pp

The university notes the beginning of war with great regret
Old January 18, 2003, 03:53   #426
SmartFart
King

...to Comstar.

Morganites are concerned about losing some of ours regular customers,but shall stay neutral in this matter.
Old January 19, 2003, 04:13   #427
Comstr
Prince

Local Time: 04:06
No demands. No requests. No ultimateimes sent. Just bloody, treacherous, decitful, stab in the back.

I hope the morganities are getting paid enough blood money for the permenent pact with the Gians.

I hope the Universty is happy with it's effots to let the tree hugging murderous from conquering planet on the body of innocent people.

I hope the Gians are happy with this....tatic. I am destorying everything I have built, not it will stop or change a god damm thing.

Do Not Delay. Do Not Wait. Do Not Wait. You have 3 years to wipe me off the face of the Planet, or find another dupe.

Do Not Expect Forgivness.

--------------------------
Ah, the final show of a great game...not. I can't say I've had much fun doing it. I doubt this game will go another 20 turns. Enjoy it without me. I'm tempted to resign and get it over with, so don't wait in crushing me.

This will not be forgotten
Old January 19, 2003, 18:54   #428
smhfan86
King

09 to flubber.

my, my brother comstar. did u not laugh in my face when i requested ur world map during trade negotiations. and then u had the gaul to demand Flubber's com frequency on top of that.

someone should have taught u to respect those much stronger then u. u disrespected the leader of the Gaian people, in front of his subordinate officers. that, i could not forgive.

as leader of my people, i must set an example for those that dishonor my presence and rank. otherwise, there would be anarchy.

-SMH
Old January 21, 2003, 10:16   #429
Flubber
Deity

Since it appears the Morganites-Gaians are pacted, I see no point in continuing and would congratulate you on your win. In retrospect, missing out on the empath guild by one turn was a key as I could not make some arrangements with comstr . Having to research a bunch of techs that I believe he had really slowed me down. Now , the tech lead that the morganites and gaians have is impressive and fusion reactors will make your military position unassailable for too long.
Old January 23, 2003, 07:23   #430
SmartFart
King

It was an interesting game from the start. I went straight for Flexibility and collected almost all sea pods with 7 ships. That secured me 14 AA's IIRC plus 2 I've found on land.

Anyway...I would like to start another one if you guys are interested. Perhaps in this one we should try no-cooperation game,like we always play in Civ2 MP (no gifting and no trading anything).

If any of you planning to fire up a new game,I'll be honored to participate.

Thanx for letting me play with you.

Regards.

SF
Old January 23, 2003, 09:43   #431
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartFart
It was an interesting game from the start. I went straight for Flexibility and collected almost all sea pods with 7 ships. That secured me 14 AA's IIRC plus 2 I've found on land.

Anyway...I would like to start another one if you guys are interested. Perhaps in this one we should try no-cooperation game,like we always play in Civ2 MP (no gifting and no trading anything).

If any of you planning to fire up a new game,I'll be honored to participate.

Thanx for letting me play with you.

Regards.

SF
I don't think I have EVER gotten 16 AAs even if I popped every pod on Planet-- I have also sometimes gone the flex route to try for pods and meeting people but somehow I always felt I ended up better when I went for Ind Auto.

As for no cooperation, I think it is sufficient that you play that only one player can win-- then all trades and deals would have an element of self interest. In a game with NO-AI, the mere fact that you decided to pact to the end made the game a foregone conclusion given the relative powers of the factions.

I think I will only start new games where coop wins ( for the human players) is off. Far too often one player (of 4) gets a bad start and then the game is decided by who among the rest decides to pact up first. Its too bad-- In this game there were 3 of us with good sized empires and in a game where only one could win, the diplomacy would have been intriguing.
Old January 24, 2003, 02:13   #432
smhfan86
King

this is one of the few games, where i've been on the winning side of a pacting situation.

i've actually been triple-teamed in 2 games. i can understand a double-team in cases where the opponent is super strong, but a triple-team is just plain wrong.

when SF and I made the pact, flubber, u looked pretty damn scary. i was worried there for a long while, till we started using SF's AAs. That gave us the big boost to surpass ur research.

i think a only one player can win would be a great idea. i just wish i had the time to play a new game.

good game guys.
Old January 24, 2003, 15:04   #433
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by smhfan86
this is one of the few games, where i've been on the winning side of a pacting situation.
Thats suprising. My first few victories were co-op. In each case pacting with one of the top 3 factions was enough for victory. I have since been less accepting of pacts to the end-- I would rather lose a hard fought game than pact to an obvious easy win.

In this game I was powerful but cannot outresearch 2 good factions-- in particular when one has 16 artifacts. AS soon as it became obvious that you were pacting to the end, I knew the game was over. I probed a couple of techs and was preparing to invade in about 5 years when he cashed all his AAs. It could have been a pitched battle before but with him having fusion reactors and AA defenses, it would have been futile.

Quote:

i've actually been triple-teamed in 2 games. i can understand a double-team in cases where the opponent is super strong, but a triple-team is just plain wrong.
I was actually triple teamed in my first solo victory . The cult had sneak attacked my drones and I was munching him when the player disappeared and we had to get a replacement. I tried peace with the replacement in return for a bunch of concessions (his military situation was futile) and continued to build up. About 10 years later, the Gaian player accidentally copied me with an email of the plans of him, the Morganite and the Cult to team up against me. At the same time the Cult was asking me for a pact to the end and a coop victory

We were roleplaying heavily in the thread so I let slip some tidbits from the leaked email while jumping the Cult. This led to much recriminations among the alliance as each player there thought they had been betrayed and I had to tell them what happened to cool things down . The Cult immolated all his bases rather than let me capture them and then the war was on. While the Morganites could not stop me (they were not prepared for war really), the gaians had a huge empire and we had an epic war . He had numerous probeships and the hunterseeker and the maritime and I ended up raising almost ALL of my ports out of the water to maintain my tech lead (elite probe cruisers with MCC have dangerous range). I had the CBA and the CF IIRC and my bigger empire and higher production eventually overwhelmed him. It was one of the most fun wars I ever had
Old January 24, 2003, 16:07   #434
smhfan86
King

unfortunately, i'm not lucky enough to get an accidental email from somone outlining the plans of my enemy. and if i did, it would probably be done on purpose.
Old January 24, 2003, 18:47   #435
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
unfortunately, i'm not lucky enough to get an accidental email from somone outlining the plans of my enemy. and if i did, it would probably be done on purpose.
I considered that it might be an intentional leak but they were in no position to hit me immediately and it basically just confirmed suspicions I already had