Old July 11, 2002, 01:37   #1
Timchy
Settler

Local Time: 05:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Civ 3 style resources
I was just surfing the forums and I did't find any such topics. I really like CTPII. Much more than Civ3. The only thing that is better in Civ3 are strategic resources needed for production of some units (horses for Knights, aluminium for Fighters,... etc.) Is there a mod that would make this needs available in CTPII? And another thing: is there a unit pack? See, I've got all this mods (like the WWII mod) and I still want to play an nonscenario game with units in the scenario. So how can I do that. Thx
Old July 11, 2002, 05:42   #2
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 04:07
Well you could start here , it's got some useful links to other topics as well that have been thought about. CTP2 has alot of potential! And no there are no mods yet that use strategic resources, but it's being worked on i think
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Last edited by child of Thor; July 11, 2002 at 05:53.
Old July 11, 2002, 05:49   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:07
As far as civ3 resources are concerned, it has been discussed numerous times before and people have looked into the matter but so far noone has been able to create a working product. Some threads can be found here, here and here. I'm quite certain there have been more threads but I can't find them right now...
Old July 17, 2002, 10:55   #4
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 07:07
Wouter, that here, here and here thing looks great . While I love Civ 3, can't break up with the CtP world, either - I like the unconventional warfare too much, I guess.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:18   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:07
It does, doesn't it?
Yeah, unconventional warfare, PW, stacked combat, MP, SLIC, almost 100% moddable... Civ3 is not even in CtP's league...
Old July 18, 2002, 06:52   #6
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 07:07
While I'll never agree with you on this, I admit I still enjoy both games. Unconventional warfare is what I miss the most. PW works fine for me, but so do Workers - I really like both. Stacked combat - can't really decide . Sometimes I love it, sometimes not . But I'm more used to single unit combat, though.

SLIC and moddable - what makes it worth playing. If it wasn't, it would be a pirece of crap. However, I find Civ 3 more challenging, still, clever AI. By far the best I've seen. However, on highest difficulty levels, the modded AI of CtP 2 can also provide a defree of challenge.