Old July 11, 2002, 13:52   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
SNESA 2 Awards Nominations
The Categories Are:

Most Realistic

Funniest

Most Erratic

Best Writer

Nominations will go for one week. If you wish to add a category, please just post it here with the nominee. This is different as all nominated will be put up to vote, but only the first 4 nominated will be voted on.

Current Standings

Most Realistic:
Giovanni
Jonny

Funniest:
Metaliturtle
Mr Nobody

Most Erratic:
civman2000

Best Written Piece:
Captain

Last edited by Metaliturtle; July 11, 2002 at 14:14.
Old July 11, 2002, 13:55   #2
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Question
I have a question:

Are these awards only for SNESA 2 itself or for all the stories & writers on the forum?
Old July 11, 2002, 13:57   #3
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Just SNESA 2
Old July 11, 2002, 14:03   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
Just for SNESA2.

My choices:

Most Realistic
Jonny

Funniest
hmmm...Mr Nobody maybe?

Most Erratic
civman2000

Best Writer
Captain, no one else close

Person who added the most intrigue and other such things to make it fun:
civman2000

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 11, 2002, 14:04   #5
TheGuitarist
Warlord

I see.
Old July 11, 2002, 14:12   #6
Metaliturtle
staff
King

civman, your new category is too close to most erratic
Old July 11, 2002, 17:43   #7
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 04:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'd like to nominate *clicks his fingers trying to remember*.... that guy i banned from SNESA's forever.... the 1 with the Incans......

(Checks the thread)

Crazy Bill

For most erratic
Or maybe crazyest
least realistic

I see you don't remember either metaliturtle
Old July 11, 2002, 20:16   #8
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

Most Realistic
Cinna

Funniest
Metaliturtle

Most Erratic
Metaliturtle (Plutonians?!)

Best Writer
SKILORD's peice about the Nuclear silos and the ULS forces (and later nukes) during the first Incan war, and his peice that introduced the Genecom Virus places him in the competition against Captain..... who did one heck of a job.

So my nomination there is skilord

is it Best Written peice or best writer?
Old July 11, 2002, 20:21   #9
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

PS:

neat new Avatar skilord.

the Alternate History Symbol right?
Old July 11, 2002, 21:00   #10
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Yeah it is..... thanx for the nomination... I am unworthy.
Old July 11, 2002, 23:04   #11
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Let's see, everyone I would have nominated has already been nominated.
Old July 12, 2002, 14:05   #12
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:08
Let's see:

Most Erratic: civman2000

Best writer: Captain

Funniest: uhmmm..... Mr Nobody

Most Realistic: uhmmm..... Me or Jonny

Crazyest/least realistyc: Crazy Bill
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old July 12, 2002, 17:56   #13
Captain
King

Hey all,

metaliturtle, thanks for starting this thread on the longest running nes yet... it was fun being a part of it while it lasted.

as for nominations:

realistic?
I dunno... this is hard to say. Jonny, Cinna, Giovanni have already been nominated. I'd like to add ChaotikVisions to that too. He was the UK's leader.
anyone who gave plans and estimated the time to completion and generally kept to their plans, as well as staying in character with paper reports and others such stuff, that's pretty realistic.
I think I was realistic for most of my role too, even if I managed to get through 4 major wars, lose 4 major city centres and a 1/10 of my population, create a new class of Genecom humans, unite three powerful nations, nuke a continent, win many space wars despite not having much by way of extra-terrestrial colonies, and maintain a ridiculously huge army that cost 20% of my GNP...

erratic?
hard to say
crazy bill did some insane sutff with those Incans...
civman2000 went all over the map with those Martians, first they're your friends, then they take over your colonies, then they're in civil war, and then they start viruses and imposters and generally go nuts... but that was kindof neat. kept you on your toes!
metaliturtle was possibly the biggest shocker with those plutonians, but i think he went too far because it was too much for most of us to accept and we kindof ignored those developments.
Iceye with those Swedes were a bit of a wildcard too, bizarre...
I'll leave myself out of this one, even if I did drop the largest number of nukes and start nuclear winter...

funniest:
that's really hard to say... our snesa was pretty straightfaced for most of it...

Best writer:
Thanks for the nominations! I hope I win!
But other ones I were impressed with were all those who wrote good newspaper style reports, plus Skilord also wrote some short stories too, and civman, and those who wrote well in character as diplomats, like ChaotikVisions, Giovanni, Jonny, and Cinna...
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old July 13, 2002, 02:40   #14
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I'll update later, spent 6 hours trying to get on and not sure how long I can hold out
Old July 13, 2002, 08:57   #15
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Ack unexpected trip out of town, if someone could do this until tomorrow night SKILORD maybe? I'd appreciate it.
Old July 13, 2002, 09:56   #16
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:08
I would like to add a new category:

Winner:
This mean the one of us that played the best way, and achieved the most with his country.
I think that should be SKILORD:
He reunite peacefully all of the Moon Base, his country was almost untouched by wars, although he was always an important player in them.
At the end he overpowered also the strongest Earh State (NAF of Captain, who rank a close second place BTW), and he started Alpha Centauri space Colonization, he was the ruler of Space.

The podium of the winners would be (IMO):
First: SKILORD (United Lunar States)
Second: Captain (Canada - NAF)
Third: Jonny (Germany)

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old July 13, 2002, 10:04   #17
Cinna
Warlord

First off let me say how much fun this NES was. I really came to enjoy checking the days events at the end of every night. Next off I apologize for not being here to see the end of this NES, as I was away.
Now for my two cents

Most Erratic: civman2000 (No contest )

Best writer: Captain (he did a lot of great stories with the gencoms)

Funniest: I chuckled at a Few of Crazy Bills' posts.

Most Realistic: Crazy Bill! no, actually either Jonny or Captain

Crazyest/least realistic: Crazy Bill

thank you all for the nomination, i would just like to thank my family, friends, and everyone who has helped me get to this point...sniff

Old July 16, 2002, 10:42   #18
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

**bump**

Where's the poll?
Old July 16, 2002, 12:07   #19
Cap'n Crunch
Chieftain

Yeah! Poll time!