Old July 11, 2002, 14:45   #1
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 06:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
AoW2 manual
Does anybody know if there is an online manual or somewhere i can get it?

It really bugs me that i don't know spell's damage and there are certain things that i don't understand...

And how the hell do i restart a map.... i need to restart lvl 3 fire cos neither of us can win, we're just killin troops, but there is no restart option, .. i do remember seeing a restart option in AoW1...

and i just can't stop this mission and start another mission!!
Old July 11, 2002, 16:11   #2
Eroberer
King

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well I do know that there's a Morrowind manual for people who've bootlegged the game...
Old July 11, 2002, 17:44   #3
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

arfgh, i ned one for this game
i'm really stuck !
Old July 11, 2002, 23:29   #4
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Well, you can raze all your cities with Wizard towers, and walk Merlin into some enemies and commit suicide... that'll let you restart. Shouldn't take too long, just auto-fight any battles that come up to speed through them (it's not like you care how they turn out).

I don't know though, I found Fire 3 really easy. Yaka expanded almost not at all (I found a whole bunch of cities he should have recruited/took that were still neutral, aside from his inital outpost next to you he only had his capital), and I smashed Nekron really fast.
Old July 12, 2002, 07:31   #5
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

hehe yeah it isn't that hard true... but i was trying to build as many warlords (my fav units since AoW1) as possible, and i only had those cities surrounding me and those 2 rebuilt cities... all of a sudden, nekron kept flooding me with cannons and undead knights and vampires that unfortunately always seduce my warlords... eventually i manage to slaughter them all, but then yaka comes with goblin big beetles etc and then i have to slay them and so it goes on...

i did however make 2 full stacks and sent them at nekron, and completely wacked him, but he must have got a tower city somewhere else, and his domain of darkness prevents me from knowing where his cities are

just like shaka's capital, i haven't found it yet.. i was told it was up north, but i had taken the most northern tigran city, next to the island with all the fire nodes...

Another thing is i see enemy wizards have spell casting 4 abilities and other abilities, but my wizard still has 20 casting points after 3 maps, i haven't been able to upgrade him...he's pretty weak, but forunately he's got some items..

I do think i liked AoW1 better, the combat system was more balanced, even though the AI wasn't too bright, and ye could defeat them with cheesy tactics, but if ya didn't do the lame stuff, i thought it was pretty balanced (of course there were some silly units and names such as 'highmen' and so on...)

In the new system ranged troops are just way too powerful, even the block feature of the infantry doesn't help this... and what i also don't understand is why the human crossbowmen are so weak, they can only fire 1 weak bolt! They always miss..
Of course there is no restart option.. don't understand how they can't have thought of that!!
Another thing i don't really like is that i usually can't see if troops are blocking my way (with ranged troops) so if i want to shoot an enemy where do i have to make him go to... sometimes there are rocks etc in the way but ya can't see them... all that frustrates me a bit

And of course, i have no manual so basically, i don't understand the whole game
Old July 15, 2002, 16:56   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08
I bought the game, and some fun with it. But I am sorta waiting for the supposed patch to be released to start playing again.

Besides, I am loving Morrowind to death!!
Old July 16, 2002, 00:32   #7
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

We playing the same game? Ranged units ruled in AOWI. In AOW2, they are far more of a support unit- you can't walk around with the all-ranged stacks of AOW1 anymore. And the block most certainly makes up for it, block rules as far as I'm concerned. I'm a lot more careful with missile units in AOW2 myself, I generally prefer the bashers.
Old July 16, 2002, 15:19   #8
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

A full stack of cat masters defending is a real tough one...in AoW1 you could kill a stack of ranged troops by hiding behind trees and rocks etc, now it's just useless, as most ranged troops can move a few squares and still have 3 shots, whereas in AoW1 you only had 2 (or sometimes more)..

another thing is with ranged troops if they are defending in a city they're just way too powerful, especially cannons, and the AI tends to build TONS of cannons, they just slaughter all my orc warlords, which happen to be very tough units that kill everything except a full stack of cannons defening a city...
i mean my warlords are standing just in front of the enemy wall, and still those cannons manage to kill my warlord from way back at the other end of the town, i think something's wrong with the ballistics too...

i'm a bit disappointed, but it's still a good game...
i'm just a bit annoying because for some reason, when i boot my computer it says 1150 athlon AMD, but i have a 1800 ffs... and i really don't know what i can do about it... i didn't pay for a lousy 1150....