Old July 11, 2002, 17:25   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
cNES: Nuber's Italy
Situation (roughly based on a part of The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card):
The year is 1937. The only victor of WWI was Italy, conquering nearly all of Europe under a military, diplomatic, and leadership genius named Herman Nuber. The Italian Empire has recently finished off their conquest of Russia. It has gained Africa through the unconditional surrender treaties of the other European nations which included giving up their colonies. Italy is an extremely benign dictatorship, and Nuber's policies have made him extremely popular even among those he has conquered, but hated by the rulers of most of the other nations. In South and East Asia now, India, China, and Japan have forged a coalition to stop the giant. Afghanistan and Australia want no part of the conflict, but if Italy starts to fall they will gladly try to get as much of it as they can. Also, if Italy starts to crumble, many areas including Britain, Germany, Mesopotamia, and other may revolt and split off.

THe Americas have been neutral in the war in Eurasia. However, they have been fighting among themselves. America has taken much of the Carribean and the land around the Panama canal. Honduras has conquered most of Central America, and 5 South American nations have conquered all the others. Two American alliances exist: the Conquistadores del Norte (CdN) (Brazil, Columbia, Honduras) and the Caballos de Oro (CdO) (Cuba, Argentina, Bolivia). These two alliances are at war with eacch otehr.

Nations:
Italy (pink):
Absolutely Humongous Army
Huge navy
Medium airforce
Benign Dictatorship
Ruler: Herman Nuber (Giovanni Wine)
Early modern
MPPs: Canada (Italo-Canadian pact)
War: India, Japan, China (Eastern Coalition)

Afghanistan (puke brown):
Medium Army
No navy
No airforce
Monarchy
Ruler: ?
Late industrial
MPPs: none
War: none

Australia (orange):
Medium Army
Large Navy
Small airforce
Republic
Ruler: SKILORD
early modern
MPPs: none

India (green):
Large Army
Small navy
No airforce
Monarchy
late industrial
MPPs: Japan, China (Eastern Coalition)
War: Italy

China (red):
Large Army
Small navy
small airforce
Communism
early modern
MPPs: Japan, India (Eastern Coalition)

Japan (maroon):
Medium Army
Large navy
Small airforce
Monarchy
Ruler: Space05us
Early modern
MPPs: India, China (Eastern Coalition)

Canada (purple):
Large Army
Medium navy
No airforce
Military Dictatorship
Ruler: Winston Churchill (civman2000)
Early Modern
MPPs: Italy (Italo-Canadian Pact)

America (light blue):
Large Army
Large navy
Small airforce
Democracy
Early Modern
MPPs: None

Mexico (yellow):
Medium Army
small navy
No airforce
Republic
Early Modern

Guiana (light yellow):
Small Army
Medium navy
No airforce
Republic
Late industrial

Honduras (light green):
Medium Army
Small navy
No airforce
Military Dictatorship
Late industrial
MPPs: Columbia, Brazil (CdN)
War: Cuba, Bolivia, Argentina (CdO)

Columbia (brown):
Medium Army
Small navy
Small airforce
Military Dictatorship
Early modern
MPPs: Honduras, Brazil (CdN)

Brazil (turquoise):
Large Army
Small navy
Small airforce
Monarchy
Early Modern
MPPs: Columbia, Honduras (CdN)

Cuba (grey):
Tiny army
Medium navy
No airforce
Military Dictatorship
Late industrial
MPPs: Bolivia, Argentina (CdO)
War: Columbia, Honduras, Brazil (CdN)

Bolivia (bright pink):
Medium army
Small navy
No airforce
Republic
Late industrial
MPPs: Cuba, Argentina (CdO)

Argentina (dark green):
Large army
Medium navy
Small airforce
Monarchy
Early Modern
MPPs: Bolivia, Cuba (CdO)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.gif
Views:	69
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	19335  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; July 13, 2002 at 10:36.
Old July 11, 2002, 17:36   #2
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 04:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
No fair i was gonna spring the next SNESA today!

I'll be Australia.

But now every1 will think i take my que from you.....
Old July 11, 2002, 17:44   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

your que???

I'll be Prime Minister Winston Churchill of the Canadians.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old July 11, 2002, 18:07   #4
civman2000
Emperor

The Parliament was divided. With the recent troop buildup in Iceland and Britain, Canada had to be careful in dealing with Italy.

Those who wanted to ally with Italy said that it would bring them protection and would avoid being conquered like Russia, Britain, Germany, France, and many others had been.

Those who wanted to oppose Italy also had strong arguments. They point out the Italy allied with Germany in the Great European War, but made Germany depend on them and were able to easily conquer them afterwards. Italy would do the same to Canada. Allying with Italy might let them live a bit longer, but it would ensure their ultimate demise. The only way to have a chance of defeating Italy was to create a grand coalition.

In the end, the Parliament voted 137-136 to try to form a protective alliance against Italy with Australia, America, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. However, the Prime Minister wanted to ally with Italy, and vetoed the plan.

So Canada's time may be running out to pick a side in the conflict with Italy that will inevitably eventually occur, and the government still cannot find a consensus...

Old July 11, 2002, 18:13   #5
SKILORD
King

cue?

i misspelled it.
Old July 11, 2002, 23:10   #6
civman2000
Emperor

bump...please people join this will be fun!

Old July 11, 2002, 23:35   #7
civman2000
Emperor

Shocking news: Churchill has successfully launched a military coup, Canada is now a military dictatorship! THere is much unrest, but it seems that his power is strong at least for now.

Secret message to Italy: How about a pact: I secretly send you arms for the war in asia, and knock out much of the US, totally surprising them, while you take south america?

Old July 12, 2002, 11:56   #8
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:08
Eh eh eh!
I don't know why..... but I think I'm gonna like this
Herman Nuber, from his balcony in his palace in Rome, was looking at the map, that huge pink state, He couldn't believe he did all of of that.
He want in, as his advisors were handing him letters from alla around world nations, a few telling him to stop right now, others asking for friendships and alliances.

He threw away the nasty ones, and begin reading the one he likes the best:

After a while he saw this letter, from Winston Churchill himself, President of Canada

He saw his proposal, he coulnd' believe someone would actually be his friend, he thought that everybody was gonna jump on him, at the first chance.
He was suspicious of Churchill... he migh play some dity tricks on him.

But after all... he was big enough to prevent that.

He replied:
Dear Churchill
We are glad you are seeking for peace and friendship with Italy.
We will give you the protection you are looking for, but we will grant to protect you only under this circumstance: If you are being attacked, otherwise, if we'll side with you or not, will just be because of our interests.

I hope you agrees with us!

Your friend:
Herman Nuber

(OOC. Why you didn't pick a more "Italian-like" name )

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old July 12, 2002, 22:09   #9
civman2000
Emperor

Giovanni: In the book, Nuber rules Italy in teh "International Games" (sort of like what might be Civ, um, maybe 305.) He is not Italian but since it would be hard to simulate it being the INternational Games I just have him be the actual ruler.

IC: That is unacceptable. I want unconditional support from you. You do not have to join any wars I may start but at least diplomaticlly support me more than the enemy.

Old July 13, 2002, 07:14   #10
Giovanni Wine
King

That's a deal!

We will now announce the greatest alliance of the world:
The Supreme Italo-Canadian Pact!

------------------

To the leaders of India, China and Japan:
I just noticed that my great nation is at war with you!
Ok, let's try to solve the conflict in a more diplomatic way, what are the problems that brought you to war against mighty Italy?

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
Old July 13, 2002, 09:21   #11
civman2000
Emperor

To Italy: Why the @$!# did you have to announce it to the world?????!!!!

Old July 13, 2002, 09:27   #12
civman2000
Emperor

TO Italy: What's the plan, withdraw from the Asian front so that we can launch a grand invasion of america together?

Old July 13, 2002, 09:28   #13
Giovanni Wine
King

We did not!
We just announced (to our people) the birth of the "Greatest alliance of the world"
The other nations do not know yet about it.

Saluti
Old July 13, 2002, 09:41   #14
Giovanni Wine
King

Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
TO Italy: What's the plan, withdraw from the Asian front so that we can launch a grand invasion of america together?
(secret) To Canada: The plan was to try to brake apart the Eastern Coalition, and than just take over them one-by-one... rather than fighting against all three together.
As for America, or better South America.... was to let the CdO and the CdN fighting against each other, so that they will waste a large amount of resources on nothing, and than just let our troops walk on those land, whose soldiers will be too tired to fight.

Saluti
Old July 13, 2002, 10:05   #15
Space05us
King

Local Time: 16:08
*shakes hand angerly at Skilord*
I guess I'll be Japan.
Old July 13, 2002, 10:12   #16
Space05us
King

To: Austrailia
Japan invites you to join the Eastern Coalition

ooc: civman whats the agenda of the Eastern Coalition? I've never heard of this 'The Worthing Saga' by Orson Scott Card
Old July 13, 2002, 10:28   #17
civman2000
Emperor

THe whole thing was only a few pages in the book. THere were mentions of Japan being in Arabia, and India and China existing. In the americas, on Guiana was mentioned, and only in one sentence.

Otehr than Italy, most of the borders and alliances and such are from my imagination.

To Italy: OK. Japan will never expect my support coming from the east

Old July 13, 2002, 13:28   #18
Space05us
King

ooc: ooh, Im scared Canada is going to invade me...

hehe
Old July 13, 2002, 13:52   #19
Giovanni Wine
King

To Canada: Time for some action my friend... if you want to join the party... go ahead

To Australia: We have nothing against your nation, and we want anything but friendship with you.
But if you'll join the Eastern Coalition... we'll be forced to declare war on you.
Otherwise... we will offer you a NAP.

The Italian Ships "ISS-Roma, ISS-Berlin, ISS-Paris and ISS-Madrid" are currently bombing Japanese shores.

Our air Force is bombing all of Japanese Arabia, many oil fields are burning there, and this cut off completely Japan from it's oil supplies.

Part of the military, is currently waiting outside of Japanese and Indian border, as the air force is currently bombing the main cities of China.

The Air force was divided in two big squadoon, The Japan down, and the China prrt!
The first one is taking off daily to bomb Japanese cities.
The second is bombing China!

Saluti
Old July 13, 2002, 20:29   #20
civman2000
Emperor

To Italy: woohoo! Can I have the Phillipines?

The Prime Minister has announced a ddarft. The recruits are indoctrinated to serve Churchill and Churchill only.

By tomorrow the navy will be large, by monday it will have a tiny airforce.

Old July 13, 2002, 20:39   #21
civman2000
Emperor

Update on war in S America (since no one controls any of them):
Columbia and Brazil have launched a joint offensive into Bolivia, but were pushed back by a joint Argentinan-BOlivian force. THey are now marching into Brazil.

The Honduran navy has been destroyed by the Cubans. The cubans are currently building up their army to invade honduras, while Honduras (with columbian aid) is building up an airforce.

map:
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	28
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	19481  

Old July 14, 2002, 04:29   #22
Space05us
King

erm. how'd you get them purdy tub toys into japanese controlled water without notice, oh well.
Japan send out all subs tho sink these ships. they also have the support of two carrier strike forces.
Japanese engineers begin building heavy fortifications all over the islands. the citizens also join in and state that they'll do anything possible to kill any invaders.

ooc: how am I supposed to trust my non exixtant allies to do something? are there any nukes?
Old July 14, 2002, 08:42   #23
Giovanni Wine
King

To Canada:
You can have all of the pacific Islands, all we are interested in is Continental Asia.

Attack in Japan:
After that the first squad of Ships was sunked, three times as much was sent in Japanese waters:
Submarines have been deployed too, in order to destroy every wondering Japanese sub.
In Arabia the army is braeking through the Japanese defensive lines.
A countless amount of tanks, armors, artillery, infantry and even Chivalry is running up and down the Arabian peninsula

In the meanwhile in the other side of Italy (Europe and Africa) Ships and Aircraft fighters and bombers are being constructed.

"The war must be over soon" declared Nuber

To Japan: Surrender immediately your land in Arabia and continental Asia to Italy, and the Philippines to Canada.
And you'll be able to retain your freedom and independence.

OOC: No nukes in this NES... thet's better.... I hate those "nuke everybody" players

Saluti
Old July 14, 2002, 08:58   #24
civman2000
Emperor

even if there were nukes, it was 1937 when this started so it's 1940 now...but I think we should say that no one ever thought of doing anything nuclear so nukes are AT LEAST 20 years away right now...

To Australia (copy sent to Italy):
How about an alliance? The grand Ausstralo-Canadian Pact?

To Japan: I'll try to get Australian naval cover when I send my fleet to attack.

OOC: space, yes they will help you, since I set this up I'll say waht happens:

India has still been held up by Italy's defenses around the border, but China has snuck into Korea, attacking from behind the Italian invasion ofrce that was cutting up the Japanese forces! The Japanese forces have been able to regain total control of Korea and CHina now controls the surrounding area!

Old July 14, 2002, 09:02   #25
civman2000
Emperor

map (note that more of arabia is now under italian control)

Old July 14, 2002, 09:05   #26
civman2000
Emperor

oops, forgot to attach it
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	19
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	19518  

Old July 14, 2002, 10:26   #27
Giovanni Wine
King

OOC: I didn't know you were moving for the others states.

IC:
General Badoglio, commander in chief of the China Invasion Forces was upset by the Chinese counterattack.
He asked for even more tanks from (The HQ of the Invasion forces of Asia).
Nuber was not happy either, it was the first time h failed an attack.
He declared that from now on, the Asian Invasion will be under the direct command of himself, as he didn't trust his generals any more.

Part of the army had been sent to land in China.... from the south!
the Chinese would have never expected something like that, and would have to move troops from the North.. in order to combat the Southern Invasion Forces (SIF).
As soon as China would have make that move... the Northern Inasion Forces (NIF) would have brake through Chinese defensive lines.
In the meanwhile the air bombers and fighetrs would start a striking against Indian production centers and barracks... in order to weaken Indian defence and resistance.

The attack in Japan is halted until we have a response from the Japanese.

Saluti
Old July 14, 2002, 14:15   #28
Space05us
King

The Japanese seeing the threat to thier allies send naval forces to intecept the Italian SIF before they land. The oil in arabia that has already been taken from the ground has been sent by all means, including air, directly to India. The crews have been ordered to to destroy thier own ships if boarded, they felt confident that Italian forces would not want to destroy more than a few ships due to environmental problems it would cause. An underground Arabian resistance force has already been set up. They will take no action in Italian controlled, instead they will wait until the time to strike is right. On the other hand extreme fundamentalists have begun random attacks and suicide bombings on the Italians.

To Australia: help us destroy the Italians, they will do nothing but take over the world one country at a time.
To Canada: Stop immeadiatly, if we work together we can take all of italy. you can have all of europe if you want.

Occ: do I know that canada is at war with me?
Old July 14, 2002, 14:47   #29
SKILORD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
To: Austrailia
Japan invites you to join the Eastern Coalition
I've been busy, but i'm here now.

i am glad to join. there is strength in numbers.

I'm gonna be off from friday untuil next month.
Old July 14, 2002, 14:56   #30
SKILORD
King

*shakes head*

oughta figure out what's going on first shouldn't I?

We have landed in Madagascar in order to hit the Italians back.