Old November 7, 2002, 03:36   #301
Alibaster
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why yes... under properties "attachment.php?s=&postid=1426674"
i don't get the usual save to disk menu... whatever i did manage to download is 70k not the usual 252k
Old November 7, 2002, 03:43   #302
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
but what is it called? the file?
Old November 7, 2002, 04:00   #303
Alibaster
Chieftain

I get the same kind of jibberish when it's coming down the pipe... when I click on the file it goes straight to d'l without the "save to disk" part.... dumping it directly into windows/temp file by default. I know it's not right because it's only 70k. it comes to me with the correct file name though... just not enough of it.

Last edited by Alibaster; November 7, 2002 at 04:05.
Old November 7, 2002, 04:09   #304
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Ok then I guess it's just a corrupt file. Can you repost, Galvatron?
Old November 7, 2002, 04:15   #305
Alibaster
Chieftain

nah... it's on my side... explorer error..."the downloaded file is not available. This could be due to your security or language settings or because the server was unable to retrieve the requested file"... unfortunately this happens with other files on apolyton. I can dl on fanatics just fine though.... shrugs
Old November 7, 2002, 04:17   #306
Alibaster
Chieftain

can you download it without a problem...? That was my first impression... apolyton was having problems.

Last edited by Alibaster; November 7, 2002 at 04:25.
Old November 7, 2002, 04:41   #307
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

It worked fine for me; here are screenshots of the process I used:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	att1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	28675  

Last edited by Darius871; November 7, 2002 at 04:50.
Old November 7, 2002, 04:45   #308
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

and the second
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	att2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	28674  
Old November 7, 2002, 06:05   #309
Alibaster
Chieftain

I wish you could see it on my end... it's really bizarre... the software is the same... apolyton and fanatics... i can dl in fanatics though. Even a search on "attachment" doesn't do any good. I don't even get the pop up menu for saving it whichever where... It immediately goes to dl mode(time left etc) dumps it in \temp and it's not the full file.

Last edited by Alibaster; November 7, 2002 at 06:24.
Old November 7, 2002, 07:23   #310
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Well I don't get it. I guess you can contact the administrator or a mod and see what he/they can fix. Otherwise you can just wait it out; sometimes loading from the site is just screwy for a couple of days and then it goes back to normal.
Old November 7, 2002, 14:46   #311
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Hmm strange thing, for me it works fine to download it. However I will upload it again just to be sure hopefully it will work this time.
Attached Files:
File Type: net jan_1804_sp.net (252.0 KB, 2 views)

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old November 7, 2002, 15:24   #312
Alibaster
Chieftain

got it now... thanks guys for help... it just seems that it finally wanted to work again.
Old November 9, 2002, 18:09   #313
Alibaster
Chieftain

In a show of good faith... the british have moved away their warships that were directly adjacent to french cities in the channel... allowing for some breathing room this will also allow Spanish merchants in the area to move freely there as well giving them access to the North Sea should they need it. Again, we thank the french for their patience with regard to Hamburg and it will be vacated in 4-6 months(2-3 turns) depending on sea lane traffic. This time has allowed us to move in the necessary transports to facilitate our troops departure.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1804jan_brit.net (252.0 KB, 3 views)
Old November 11, 2002, 03:39   #314
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I'm posting Prussia's turn, since Choke's banned for 3 days. He attacked Austria and took Vienna, Konigratz, and some other city. Dunno why really, I guess he can explain it when he's back.
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia1804jan.net (252.0 KB, 7 views)
Old November 11, 2002, 07:57   #315
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
And before the Austrians get pissed off at the Russians and French as all as the Prussians, I jus want to remind you that France and Russia have a non agression pact with Prussia, not a defensive alliance or even an offensive alliance.

So Im NOT speaking for the French Emporer however I believe we want to currently stay out of this war. I at least KNOW that Russia wants to stay out of it.

Old November 11, 2002, 21:50   #316
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 04:09
great work choke. In one turn you crushed a nation. Anyways if you haven't noticed this already I'm not been much into this game or several others by the matter of fact and so i'm leaving this one. sorry all for this but time restraints have maked me abandon this pbem. Good luck all. Since the Austrians are down and out with no capital and no means to create another one, i guess the war has just started in europe and austria is for the pickings.

Civfan out.....

password as you probably all know from the mongol pbem game is tiger111
Old November 11, 2002, 22:45   #317
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Civfan
Anyways if you haven't noticed this already I'm not been much into this game or several others by the matter of fact and so i'm leaving this one. sorry all for this but time restraints have maked me abandon this pbem. Good luck all.
password as you probably all know from the mongol pbem game is tiger111
Im beginning to think this PBEM is cursed. Now what do we do? I seriously doubt if anyone is going to want to pick up a civ without a capitol. If we restart Im out. Or maybe we just all agree to being able to rebuild a capital. Currently the scenario does not allow it and its a simple change in rules.txt I believe.

Old November 11, 2002, 23:13   #318
klesh
King

Create a new nation as we did in the first Age of War! And yes, its very easy to change the rules and then even use cheat mode to plop a capitol down for the next guy.

-FMK.
Old November 11, 2002, 23:34   #319
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Hey guys, I have no clue what is going on, but Choke asked me to post this so here it is...

FMK's idea is good, I think Budapest would make a good capital, I'll say more when my ban ends in a few days.

Choke (through Pap)
Old November 12, 2002, 00:21   #320
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Just so you know, Choke said on AIM yesterday that he was within a turn of capturing Budapest, so that might not work either.
Old November 12, 2002, 00:35   #321
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Im not sure I want a new capitol built for free, especially if it is just to get someone to play. I was saying that we could change rules.txt to make the capitol builable, not to provide a new one.

Where the hell are all the Austrian armies if choke is within one turn of capturing Budapest?
Old November 12, 2002, 02:31   #322
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I dunno, that's just what he said
Old November 12, 2002, 10:29   #323
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Gentlemen

Darius and I have been talking via PM. We believe the only course of action to to let Austria be taken over by the AI. No one is going to want to play this Civ at this point, so with that being said and to keep this PBEM from bogging down and dying Im going to play the next turn, I believe Russia is after Austria. Ill check to make sure.

My aplogizes if anyone disagrees but our options are limited if this PBEM is to continue
Old November 12, 2002, 10:41   #324
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Yep those Pesky despots are next, Ill play this afternoon.
Old November 12, 2002, 11:14   #325
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

He captured almost whole Austria in one turn
Hey, there aren't even railroads

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old November 12, 2002, 11:23   #326
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
He captured almost whole Austria in one turn
Hey, there aren't even railroads
Lack of railroads is really frustrating Darius.......

Im still wondering where the Austrian army is, obviously CIVFAN thought he had a secure border with Prussia, obviously now a bad assumption.
Old November 12, 2002, 12:18   #327
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 04:09
well for anyone to know, my capital was not defended. I was focusing on my conquest of the southern cities and emptied several units from alot of cities. In this case it didn't become noticed until the last post of a save. Well its funny that the only turn the capital is emptied, this will happen. Oh well...
Old November 12, 2002, 16:39   #328
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Got this message:

"Austrians capture the French city of Ravenna." Looks like CIVFAN had plans other than the Balkans.

Coal traders from Chernovtsy arrive in Lublin.
Musket traders from Riga arrive in Cankkale.

Several Swedish Brigs sunk near Reval.

Manuevered numerous military units.

Austrians made an ultimatum for me to get away from Bucharest............
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1804maraploy.net (252.0 KB, 2 views)
Old November 13, 2002, 07:56   #329
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

- In response to the unprovoked Austrian attack on French Italy, our armies have been mobilized for total war against the crumbling monarchy. Ravenna has been recaptured, and Verona was taken easily.

- Kassel has been added to the Confederation of the Rhine. No petty German principalities remain independent except Bavaria, which will soon fall to our Prussian friends.

- In Italy, Naples and Foggia have fallen.
Attached Files:
File Type: net mar_1804_france.net (252.0 KB, 3 views)
Old November 13, 2002, 14:11   #330
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Just a reminder here is the lineup after CIVFAN dropped out:

UK: Alibaster
Prussia: Choke
Austria: AI
Russia: conmcb25
France: Darius871
Spain: Galvatron
Sweden: AI