Old December 7, 2002, 17:40   #421
Alibaster
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Update... taking a second look at that "veteran" two decker of mine, it seems to have been riddled pretty badly along with another one of my ships underneath it.

Serious question for Spain: How'd you lose 3 two deckers along with that lil o' brig?
Old December 8, 2002, 18:59   #422
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Alibaster
Well Galvy... You modesty flatters me to my very core, and you just about seduced me into signing it over, but thankfully, I came to my senses. It wasn't in the agreement when I inherited the British reins. Not that it's completely scratched from the negotiating block but I have a little too much vested interest in it right now to just willingly hand it over.
Well I do my best nice, friendly and handsome Alibaster
Seriously speaking, ok I didn't know that Lisbon was excluded from the deal, I just took over but nobody told me anything . I waited the whole time next to your doorsteps to take over, so don't feel threatened by the 100 units in your close neighbourhood I will withdraw them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Giz..sorry Gonzo_for_civ
I think I had to cancel the building of 5 or 6 different AEGIS cruisers
AEGIS cruisers??? Are we playing the same scen? Do we live in the same timeframe? The Spanish government would like to know what a AEGIS-cruiser is, looks like the Swedish navy is light-years ahead of us, want to do some techtrading?

According to your question: I looked at the Defence Minister and according to him I didn’t loose 3 Two-Decker. To be Honest I wouldn’t even know when I had lost these ships because I only crashed accidentally this one Brig and I don’t attacked your Merchant either. I propose, as all of your cities are now captured to make a Peacetreaty so such things will never happen again, perhaps you can do this in your turn.

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old December 9, 2002, 14:43   #423
Galvatron
Prince

!!IMPORTANT NEWS!!

Have you all checked Yaroslavs new PBEM-Utility. I thought I will do a little advertising because it's really a very, very good tool and yep, it's translated by yours truly...Galvatron

(Yes, I'm the Galvatron that is mentioned in the readme in case you wondered who this might be )

So, hope I'm ready with the translations within the next two days so Yaroslav can keep his promise and release it on Fridays otherwise I think he will me. I will do my best, really I promise

Old December 9, 2002, 15:22   #424
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
!!IMPORTANT NEWS!!

Have you all checked Yaroslavs new PBEM-Utility. I thought I will do a little advertising because it's really a very, very good tool and yep, it's translated by yours truly...Galvatron

(Yes, I'm the Galvatron that is mentioned in the readme in case you wondered who this might be )

So, hope I'm ready with the translations within the next two days so Yaroslav can keep his promise and release it on Fridays otherwise I think he will me. I will do my best, really I promise
Yep sure have and plan to use it, Im going to do a beta test for you guys, so get your but in gear! We can't wait!
Old December 9, 2002, 18:59   #425
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:10
Quote:

I liked that part best myself.
Old December 10, 2002, 01:21   #426
gonzo_for_civ
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:10
Quote:
Whew! I can finally stop losing sleep over this! I spent all day yesterday just trying to figure out which galvatron that was! There are SO many!!!!!

Those who can count and those who can't.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:58   #427
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Galvatron? Who is Galvatron?
Old December 10, 2002, 18:59   #428
Alibaster
Chieftain

Sorry guys... I'm out for a little while, my computer took a surge of some sort... no CD player and it took some finaggling just to get the modem to be detected again by both POST and Windows... not sure when I'll be able to get around to fixing it.
Password: 0075
Old December 11, 2002, 01:45   #429
Alibaster
Chieftain

I'm able to cripple along a little further... thanks to Duke of Marlbrough from CivFan... No CD patch(MGE) in the civ II utils section seemed to do the trick. This is on top of Cedric's CivII to MPGE patch so this is somewhat just shy of miraculous in my book

Back to business...
Galvy... did you ctrl-n? that might explain the losses... three two deckers you lost according to my casualty report. And a crippled merchant just makes zero sense.

I'd still like to hear from France about the frigate/brig incident in the North Sea...
Old December 11, 2002, 19:39   #430
Galvatron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Yep sure have and plan to use it, Im going to do a beta test for you guys, so get your but in gear! We can't wait!
Ok, I've finished my work and send it to Yaroslav, so we're good in time

Old December 11, 2002, 22:54   #431
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

Ok, I've finished my work and send it to Yaroslav, so we're good in time
Thanks Galvy!
Old December 15, 2002, 00:29   #432
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

BUMP BUMP BUMP ALIBASTER!!!
Old December 15, 2002, 17:25   #433
Alibaster
Chieftain

Damn those things are cute... give me a smidgeon
Old December 16, 2002, 09:37   #434
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Bill it has been two weeks and the natives are getting restless. Glavatron asked me today if this PBEM is dead? So you need to have a "stiff upper lip, mate" and play on.
Old December 16, 2002, 09:48   #435
Galvatron
Prince

Oh it's Alibaster. I even forgot whose turn it is and also that I’m in this game It has been a long time since the last one played, right?

Old December 16, 2002, 12:37   #436
Alibaster
Chieftain

Attempt to get back into form...

Incident in the North Sea...
England wishes to pursue peace with both Spain and France... I reccomend that we reset our attitudes and persue something more permanent so "accidents" like this don't happen in the future.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	frenchfrigate704.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	31824  
Old December 16, 2002, 12:46   #437
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Dammit, was hoping you wouldn't notice or you'd forget in light of the incident with Spain. France will compensate you with 100, as long as you improve your attitude! France has already lost 2 brigs from bumping into your ships, but we didn't complain.
Old December 16, 2002, 12:46   #438
Alibaster
Chieftain

Incident in the Mediterranean....

Not sure if Spain failed to ctrl-n... but it's rumored(that 3 Spanish two deckers) were sunk. This has escalated well beyond just a renade Spanish brig opening fire on one of my capital ships. I implore Sweden to check it's casualty report as well to insure that there was no foul play on my part regarding the sinkings.

One of my brig's sunk by a Spanish two decker.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	spanincident704.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	31827  
Old December 16, 2002, 12:48   #439
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Darius

Are your big ships picking on the little ships, AGAIN. How many times do I have to tell you that picking on little ships is not nice.!

Wow France and England at war? When did that happen? Darius you running a scret war we didn't know about till Alibaster caught you?
Old December 16, 2002, 12:59   #440
Alibaster
Chieftain

I'm suspecting this is the two decker that was hit by the Spanish brig... clearly something hit this stack more than once.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	spabrig_2decker.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	31828  
Old December 16, 2002, 13:27   #441
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Oh NO Bill had got Hyper Snap DX.

We will get olts of pretty pictures now.

Well Galvy are you going to admit to picking on Bills ships?
Old December 16, 2002, 15:19   #442
Galvatron
Prince

Guys you can hit me with a stick but I can't remember ramming something into your ships in the may-turn

I think it must be a CTRL-thingy because as you see I immediately post it when I accidentally destroy something

Old December 17, 2002, 00:53   #443
gonzo_for_civ
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:10
I don't see a save yet but I think I'm up next....

And to think I was coming to this thread to apologize for being late since I hadn't checked it in a few days

Those who can count and those who can't.
Old December 17, 2002, 11:39   #444
Alibaster
Chieftain

Dublin muskets to Bayonne

I have adjusted my attitude towards Spain and France but my envoys were turned back... I urge both to do the same enabling to forge something more permanent.

It would also be appreciated if the Strait of Gibraltar could remain free of traffic... my interests arround the Mediterranean are trade only.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 1804july_brit.zip (61.4 KB, 3 views)
Old December 17, 2002, 18:41   #445
Galvatron
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Alibaster
It would also be appreciated if the Strait of Gibraltar could remain free of traffic...
As you can clearly see at the moment the Spanish navy is very busy to...well sail around (yup, heavy traffic down there, won't tell you where I'm going) but I think in a few turns I'm there...wherever and the straits are all clear again.

Old December 19, 2002, 09:04   #446
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Prussia?

Is someone playing for Choke?

Does anyone want to play for choke?
Old December 19, 2002, 14:02   #447
Galvatron
Prince

Why?

Where is Choke? Was he eaten by zombies?

Old December 19, 2002, 14:25   #448
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Why?

Where is Choke? Was he eaten by zombies?
"Mr Personality" is in the middle of a move and will have minimal connectivity for about 30 days the last I heard, he has gotten subs in soime other threads.
Old December 19, 2002, 18:38   #449
Choke
Prince

Local Time: 20:10
I'm back online, I can play!
Old December 19, 2002, 18:40   #450
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Choke
I'm back online, I can play!
Great welcome back!