Old October 25, 2002, 01:26   #241
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ha Ha Im not banned here!

For everyones info I was just banned at CIVFANATICS for kidding around with the moderator and to be honest I probally crossed the line so I got what I deserved, however when the moderator went to ban me he noticed a D/L. Which is true, but before you start thinking cheater here is the PM I sent to Sun Tzu with his reply, Im posting this here because I know how quickly the cheating rumors can spread and in my case it isn't true. I dont cheat. If Im guilty of anything it is probally kidding around to much.

Here it is:

Re: The ban

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

conmcb25 wrote on Oct 24, 2002 10:55 PM:
Sun Tzu

I was joking around but you are probally right I did take it too far.

On the D/L I can explain, I think you will find I did that a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't get cookied on my home machine. Im not much of a computer whiz so I figured well Im cookied at work so I can't get cookied at home. Lets try a different login, well that didn't work either, I came to discover my problem was the security was too high on my Internet explorer settings. If you look at the conmcb25#2 you will see it has not been used. And if my intent was to use it to cheat or whatever then why would I make the names almost the same ? At the time I did it I figured I could use one at home and one at work. I kept them similar so I would not forget them.

So if you want to go for two weeks so be it I will accept that for going across the line, but just so you know I was kidding.

On the D/l it was an honest mistake on my part and I wasn't sure how to fix it after I did it. I didn't find out it was against the rules until I noticed someone else got into trouble for that in another thread.

So all Im asking is sleep on it. I know you are pretty pissed off at me right now so All I ask is sleep on it and then make your decision tomorrow on th extra week.

conmcb25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks
Old October 26, 2002, 14:44   #242
Alibaster
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Apologies for the delay... Trying to get familiar with a big scenario. Looking foward to it though

I'm going to honor the previous treaties signed with the french and spanish. Operation Handover Hannover will not be completed until I can have the route north cleared by french troops... your troop placement is fine just asking for the road to be cleared in order to evacuate my lads... this goes for Brunswick as well... bowling anyone?

Portugal... Oporta and Lagos are empty... Figueira will be vacated next month... Lisbon will remain in british hands as agreed upon.

The Channel... no invasion force or blockade is being mobolized... just claiming territorial waters. France is well aware of my inability to mount an expeditionary force capable of engaging him and if my intentions were a blockade i would have done so.

Scouting report in the mediterranean revealed that french were engaging in operations in the waters around Algeriers... The british suspect they will attempt to take the city.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1803sept_brit.net (252.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 27, 2002, 20:42   #243
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Choke

Not a bump just a reminder that you are up!

WOW, movement this is great!
Old October 28, 2002, 03:38   #244
Choke
Prince

Local Time: 20:09
I was away for the weekend, I'm tired, I'll post my turn tommorow.
Old October 28, 2002, 03:53   #245
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
To Prussia's land demands:

Prussia contributed absolutely nothing to Hannover's liberation from Britain, so they have no claim to half of it. We will allow them Brunswick as a gesture of peace, but the rest of Hannover will join the Confederation of the Rhine as was agreed to by Britain, the sovereign ruler of that state. If you want to go to war with France and Russia over a few cities, so be it, but history would remember Prussia as in the wrong.
Old October 28, 2002, 07:17   #246
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Choke
I was away for the weekend, I'm tired, I'll post my turn tommorow.
No problem man I had a long weekend too!

Old October 28, 2002, 07:21   #247
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Prussian King

I believe my French colleage is being more than reasonable. And a two front war might get a tad bit messy for you. Russia does not want war, however we will fullfill out treaty obligations in a very brutal and final way........................]

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
To Prussia's land demands:

Prussia contributed absolutely nothing to Hannover's liberation from Britain, so they have no claim to half of it. We will allow them Brunswick as a gesture of peace, but the rest of Hannover will join the Confederation of the Rhine as was agreed to by Britain, the sovereign ruler of that state. If you want to go to war with France and Russia over a few cities, so be it, but history would remember Prussia as in the wrong.
Old October 28, 2002, 13:37   #248
Choke
Prince

Berliner Zeitung
Kaiser's Troops On The Move
Prussian troops have moved to striking distance of Munich and Rostock, they will be ready to take these rebel cities next month. Dortmund's garrison has been ordered home however British troops blocked the way so it has been decided that Dortmund can be occupied by French troops when its garrison occupies Brunswick.

Blunder Embarasses General Staff
Feldmarshall von Stupidioten has ordered troops too close to the border with Austria. At the Kaiser's order the Feldmarshall's head has been seperated from his shoulders with an axe. The troops have been ordered home, they will be back next month.

Kaiser Warns Austrian Merchants
The Kaiser has reminded Austria's merchants that Austria and Prussia do NOT have a free trade agreement and that roads needed for transporting troops are being clogged with Austrian wagons. However in the spirit of good will that Prussia always wishes to deal with our German brothers the merchants already in Prussia will be allowed to carry out their mission.

Trade Policy Remains The Same
The problem highlighted by Austrian merchants has brought to the Kaiser's attention that other nations also may be ignorant of Prussia's policies on trade. No merchants from ANY country are to set foot on Prussian soil without permission.

Kaiser Looks With Favour on Liberation of Finland
The Kaiser has expressed his approval of Russian action against the Swedish oppressors. He went so far as to say that perhaps Russian and Prussian troops will meet and shake hands in Sweden proper.

Kaiser Expresses Relief At Peace in Europe
The Kaiser is glad Britain has decided to be reasonable. He also expressed his happiness that Hannover will be liberated from its foreign oppressors.
Old October 28, 2002, 13:46   #249
Choke
Prince

Here's my turn
Attached Files:
File Type: net german1803sept.net (252.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 28, 2002, 15:25   #250
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 04:09
here we go
Attached Files:
File Type: net austria1803nov.net (252.0 KB, 2 views)
Old October 30, 2002, 00:28   #251
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Guys Im travelling for work today and tomorrow (tuesday and wed) Ill try to get this posted by tommorrow evening but it may not be till thursday. Just wanted to let you know
Old October 30, 2002, 12:16   #252
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

To the Austrian King. Before I move I want you to know that I am assuming this agreement still is in place. Therefore I am moving armies to take over Varna and eventually Stara Zagora, Constantinople, Canakkale and then of course the Anatolian Pennisula.

If there is any problem with this let me know soon or forever hold your peace..........

Quote:
Originally posted by Civfan
Austria-Hungarian claims the Balkans and Greece. Constanople and surronding cities on the east side for Russia.

The cities Austria claims our Tirane, Sofia, Thessalonica, Athens, Patria and Corfu.

End of Claims

In regards to Italy, Austria suggests leaving Rome out(its an internal holy city)

The rest is up for grabs for France.
Old October 30, 2002, 13:23   #253
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

To the Prussian King
Do we still have this agreement in place? Are we fighting the Swedes together? Do we have an agreement as to where each one of us is to attack and what parts of Sweden belong to each?

Let me know please
Quote:
Originally posted by Ceteram
---From Prussia to Russia---

Will do our best in helping you with swedish question. At this time, all uncommited forces will be redirected to foil their opportunistic plans in Norway as well as Kingdom of Denmark.
Gather back under the mighty banner of the Rodina the territories which have always been yours by right, namely Karelia and all of Bothnia in Finland.
For our part, we will reestablish prussian control over the german coast in the baltic.

Prussian Landwehr is raised in masses.
Old October 30, 2002, 13:58   #254
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

The Tsars own guard troops as well as addtional troops from Northern Russia continue to manuever in our continueing battle against the Swedes. On our southern frontier our troops from the Ukraine continue to move into position to take Varna, Stara Zagora and eventually the Holy Capital of Russian Orthodoxy long held by the heathen infidels, the city of Constantinople. We consider it our god given duty and right to liberate our Orthodox brethren there.

The above is in accordance with the agreements I have with Austria and Prussia as far as I could tell from the previous posts. If there is a problem I need to know about it soon before we get into a silly war over it.

Began moving several trade units to sea ports as well as the Prussian/ Austrian Frontier. Can Russia/ Austria and Prussia all agree to free trade movement as long as it doesn't interfere with our internal troop movements?

All Russian troops along the Austrian/ Prussian frontier have taken up winter quarters in defensive postions, enjoying liberal rations of vodka and borscht. This is a gesture to our neighbors to the west. We do not want to start a messy war in Central Europe over some stupid misunderstanding.

Peace reigns across east central Europe. If Prussia and Austria have any problems with what Ive done then I believe they need to get in touch with me asap. We need to talk about free trade movement anyway.

Attached Files:
File Type: net 1803novapolyrussia.net (252.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 30, 2002, 14:15   #255
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

FUTURE POST REQUEST
Gentlemen

Here is an example of a relatively simple post we have been doing in the Bonaparte Tourney at CIVFANATICS.

"War!
The Times, London, 27th May 1803

Incensed at French refusal to properly comply with the Treaty of Amiens, His Majesty's Government allowed a French smuggler to be boarded and sunk in the Channel earlier this week. The steadily-building spirit of National Patriotism that greeted this news bodes ill for the Corsican General skulking in the Elysee Palace.

Our Atlantic squadron also sunk a French Privateer masquerading as an naval vessel some sixty miles off Brest. Not to be outshone, HMS Ariadne, a Frigate with the Mediterranean Fleet, dispatched another small raider off Sardinia...

Trade still goes on in the Baltic. A convoy bearing smelted iron from Brunswick arrived in Riga earlier this month.

In diplomatic news, we can report that Ambassadors have been dispatched to all the Powers of Europe...."

This is what I would like to see or something like this in the future. I would aprreciate it if we discussed troop movements, any city captured, trade movements and any diplomatic news that can be shared. In a PBEM of this size it sure makes everything easier for all of us.

Thanks

Old October 30, 2002, 14:23   #256
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Galvatron

This is now six posts in a row do I get a prize?

According to the bump rules that I had to learn the hard way a bump is appropriate after 48 hours. I would appreciate it if someone is going to be away for a few days they let us know. If someone is going to be away longer please arrange for a substitue. Thanks!

Also Darius this is not an "OFFICIAL BUMP" but you are next.

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron
Hmm it appears to me someone in here is on speed but I won't tell any name

But on the other hand this game didn't moved a turn since two weeks so perhaps some bumping and rushing is appropriate.

Con, you would do anything to increase your PC 4 posts in a row
Old October 30, 2002, 15:39   #257
Choke
Prince

Do you have MSN or AIM or anything?
Old October 30, 2002, 17:04   #258
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Nope, but I got a feeling I should get it, couldn't we just trade emails for now?

knapowski_seabee@crane.navy.mil

Quote:
Do you have MSN or AIM or anything?
Old October 30, 2002, 17:29   #259
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Well MSN is free and all you need is an email address, so why not get it? You could be talking to someone within 15 minutes.

BTW, you're in the Navy? I remember you talking about having experience in intel, but not that you were still in it.
Old October 30, 2002, 17:43   #260
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well Darius I would like to tell you in this public forum but then I would have to kill you all...................

If you really want to know my story, then email me.

OK what should I get? I downloaded IQC on my home machine but haven't installed it yet? And if you use one will it work with others? ie if Darius has AIM and I got IQC would one talk to another? I have not done this before so I dont have a clue. And we probally should put the tutoring session into an email or PM
Old October 30, 2002, 18:08   #261
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Well Darius I would like to tell you in this public forum but then I would have to kill you all...................
Email on its way...

No need for the PMs, I'm too lazy. I know that people with MSN have AIM'ed me before, but lord help me I have no idea how. ICQ can only talk to ICQ, but then again many of us have ICQ so that could be enough.

At any rate, I have AIM, MSN, ICQ, and Yahoo, so you can contact me with any of them.
Old October 31, 2002, 01:06   #262
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

- Ulm joins the Confederation of the Rhine.

- Napoleon's Italian armies have captured both Rome and Pescara. The pope has gladly coronated him as Emperor of all Catholicism.

- In response to a request from the King of Denmark for protection from Prussia, French forces have shocked the world by capturing Esbjerg and Alborg in a successful amphibious campaign. A government-in-exile for the king has been set up in Esbjerg, as Napoleon has admitted he does not have the resources necessary to take Copenhagen before the Prussians.
Attached Files:
File Type: net nov_1803_france.net (252.0 KB, 3 views)
Old October 31, 2002, 02:52   #263
Choke
Prince

If you have Trillian you can talk to AIM/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ you can get Trillian at download.com
Old October 31, 2002, 11:45   #264
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Galvatron
This is now six posts in a row do I get a prize?
Wow you're really on fire but I like your enthusiasm

Of course you'll get a prize:

"The fastest and longest post-session in a row award"

btw if you keep it up this way you will have more posts then all other players together

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old October 31, 2002, 19:41   #265
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

HMMMM!

Another Honory Title for me

If I were English maybe I could get KNIGHTED!

NOT!

I wonder whose turn it is?

Lets see Darius is France and he played last, so who is next lets see...................................

UK: Alibaster
Prussia: Choke
Austria: Civfan
Russia: conmcb25
France: Darius871
Spain: Galvatron
Sweden: AI

Its not Alibaster
Its not Choke
Its not Civfan
It aint me!
It aint Darius

So it must be Galvatron!

Not a bump just a reminder, lets the conquest of Europe continue!

Old October 31, 2002, 20:45   #266
Choke
Prince

What is the difference between a bump and a reminder?
Old October 31, 2002, 21:42   #267
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Sincerely I asked myself whose turn is it and completely overlooked it was mine.
Thank you for the nice written reminder

Ok let's continue with the show:

Oporto and Lagos integrated into the Spanish Empire.

King Ferdinand today officially announced the beginning of his North African campaign to increase the Spanish influence in the world. Right at the start Tangier and Oran were captured and it is rumoured more will follow soon
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1803_nov_sp.net (252.0 KB, 1 views)

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old October 31, 2002, 22:15   #268
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

The complex question of proper BUMPing
Quote:
What is the difference between a bump and a reminder?
It is only a moral, legal and ethical bump if done anytime after the customary 48 hours.

Before 48 hours a bump is considered immoral, unethical and illegal.

A reminder and this is just me talking is a way to get around the ridiculous, and oppressive bump laws established by PBEMers' who have played too many PBEM's.

Actually in this situation right now where we are really kicking this off (I hope) It is OK to remind someone nicely because it may have slipped there mind or they just missed it as I suspected was the case with Galvatron admiring my whit and humor. So until we get into the groove, I believe nice reminders are appropriate so we can get this thing moving.

After 48 hours we can become rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

With that here is the philosophy question for the night:

"Can a bump be immoral, illegal and unethical if there is no one to Bump?"

Good night and happy PBEMing to you all
Old November 1, 2002, 03:59   #269
Choke
Prince

"Before 48 hours a bump is considered immoral, unethical and illegal."

Man, it's a game, not a courtroom.
Old November 1, 2002, 06:36   #270
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
"Before 48 hours a bump is considered immoral, unethical and illegal."

Man, it's a game, not a courtroom.
Sorry I should have added a bunch of sarcastic files.

Im relatively new only a few months playing. This is a rule established by the reigning PBEM hierarchy, the guys who have been around the longest. So anything that applies to Bumping I apply a lot of sarcasm to. Lets say it is my approach to rebelling against the "union rules".

So Im just screwing around and quite frankly I dont care when and how you bump me. Here are the appropriate smileys so you know Im screwing around

Let the game continue.

I just scrolled up to see whose turn it is: It is Alibaster's. Do you know what that means guys? We have all completed one turn in less then a week. This is great!