Old July 13, 2002, 16:31   #1
watorrey
Warlord

Local Time: 23:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Game that (almost) locks up
I saved this game because it acted so wierd on just this one turn. Initially, i thought i would have to scrap the game. Everything i tried produced the same result. Moving units toward the end of the turn caused the game to slow to the point that i thought it locked up at first.

My machine is at minimum specs for the game but i have never had this particular problem. The 'end of turn' indicator blinks at several minute intervals. Moving the last couple of units takes about the same amount of time.

I originally gave up on it after trying many different move sequences during this turn, but after some sleep, it occurred to me the one thing i didn't try was to end the turn and see if it sorted itself out. So i continued the turn until it showed the first signs of slowing down and then clicked the blue button. The problem never resurfaced.

Just thought i would post this incase it was of interest to anyone. It occurred to me that a game that 'almost' locked up and then sorted itself out may be of interest to someone.

Note: this is the Apolyton July game from the strategy forum and is late in the game.

PII 266 @ 300
224 RAM
Diamond Viper II w/ 32 meg
Win 98
768 meg permanent swap file
no other apps running
Attached Files:
File Type: sav major_slowdown, 1826 ad.sav (226.4 KB, 1 views)