Old July 15, 2002, 00:48   #1
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 04:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The official "What did you do with you tin?" thread
If you were like me and bought alot of the early hype and rushed out to buy the game after seeing a friend play it, you probably got a special "tin" addition. So what did you end up doing with your tin.

My tin is an ashtray now
Tho the CD is a good dust magnet
Old July 15, 2002, 01:17   #2
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:20
Sh!t, that's exactly what I did.

Great minds think alike.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 15, 2002, 01:41   #3
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 23:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why do you people come to Civ3 forums? If you don't like the game just get over it and move on.
Old July 15, 2002, 01:50   #4
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Who says I don't like it? It's an honour to become my ashtray.
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 15, 2002, 02:02   #5
Aeson
Emperor

Local Time: 22:20
My LE tin didn't cost any more than the regular version, so it's well worth the money. I just have some game manuals I use most often in it, and have it on the windowsill next to my computer desk. I wish all games came with a tin (and completely transparent CD cases too), it looks good.
Old July 15, 2002, 02:07   #6
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Mine is on my windowsill next to my CPU desk as well, no joke! It's right next to a plush yoshi! :lol"
Old July 15, 2002, 03:14   #7
Bambul
Warlord

Local Time: 14:20
I had to pay another $10 for LE (though that's AUD, not USD). And when I found out that there was no etra scenario that was previously promised (ie. only a tin and a poster) I figured I had better things to spend my money on and stuck to the Standard version.

So I guess you could say I left my tin at the shop...
Old July 15, 2002, 04:22   #8
Aeson
Emperor

That's what I'm missing... a plush yoshi! Then my computing environment would be complete..
Old July 15, 2002, 12:19   #9
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:20
Mine is stacked in the corner collecting dust...
Old July 15, 2002, 12:36   #10
Civfan
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEM
Prince

I tried flushing it down the toilet.

Its now on my bookcase
Old July 15, 2002, 13:31   #11
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

m&m container on coffee table
Old July 15, 2002, 13:44   #12
Q Classic
Emperor

storage tin now. holds cookies.
Old July 15, 2002, 14:14   #13
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 21:20
LE Tin --> Now being used as a litter box for our cats.
Seems appropriate considering the LE edition was a load of crap......

Note: The games fairly good though.
Old July 15, 2002, 15:47   #14
Switch
Prince

I got mine for Christmas, so I don't mind the fact that it has not much more than the standard. However, the tin is nice looking, so I have it on a shelf above my computer for all to admire.

I heard that the international versions of the regular game had the cd in a cardboard thing, whereas the USA ones had a jewel case. Now, is that the same for the LE? Or is the Canadian version non-existant and I just have the American version, just sold in Canada, and Americans who got the LE also got theirs in a cardboard thing?
Old July 15, 2002, 15:53   #15
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i was a smart one, i didnt go in for infogrammes hype.

when i got to eb my friend had it a day early for me, and the guys were trying to push me for the LE. i told them i didnt need a tin and a tech tree and they said "well, at least you know it's sh1t".
Old July 15, 2002, 18:25   #16
HazieDaVampire
King

i just got a kick ass massive card board box, its stuffed in a cuboard with lots of other kick ass card board boxes!
Old July 15, 2002, 22:13   #17
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

lol chaotik, whoever said I didnt like the game? I think the game is boring, Im done with it. Im waiting for PBEM. I never said I didnt like the game. I just like these things without MP, the game bites a big one until I get an EP on my HD. Im still upset it didnt come with the LE, but I guess they wanted to squeeze that extra 39.99$ outta me like all the others.

Oh ya, I see alot Civ-3 ashtrays out there. hehe...
Old July 16, 2002, 02:32   #18
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
I seem to belong to the minority that actually likes the tin thing... never seen anything like that before... but we do not have such fancy boxes here... small country, small market... Although the tech tree was a bit crappy, I am still glad I got the LE (through eBay), because of the box.

Quote:
Originally posted by SwitchMoO
I heard that the international versions of the regular game had the cd in a cardboard thing, whereas the USA ones had a jewel case. Now, is that the same for the LE? Or is the Canadian version non-existant and I just have the American version, just sold in Canada, and Americans who got the LE also got theirs in a cardboard thing?
The LE package I have has the cardboard thing, not a jewel case (which makes me feel fine - the cardboard is obviously more nature-friendly... ).
Old July 16, 2002, 03:52   #19
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Mine was originally proudly displayed on top of my monitor, until it fell over and nailed me one day. Now it is displayed on a shelf above my bed, next to my Evangelion DVD boxset.
Old July 16, 2002, 04:23   #20
Coracle
Prince

Tin??

Tin should be another resource on the Civ 3 map - like all the others it can hardly ever appear, be hard to find, and quickly disappear after you do find it.
Old July 16, 2002, 04:35   #21
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
Tin??

Tin should be another resource on the Civ 3 map - like all the others it can hardly ever appear, be hard to find, and quickly disappear after you do find it.

wrong thread, buddy.

Old July 16, 2002, 05:35   #22
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Coracle
Tin??
Isn't he sweet?
Old July 16, 2002, 06:21   #23
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by vondrack

Isn't he sweet?
Now I truly believe he is an experimental high-inteligence JavaScript bot.
Old July 16, 2002, 06:32   #24
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Re: The official "What did you do with you tin?" thread
I recieved my tin as a gift from someone who was....'convinced' to buy the LE. I use it to store computer games.

Old July 16, 2002, 11:19   #25
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 00:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Iskandar Reza

high-inteligence
That's a dubious statement. You do know that Coracle bought the strategy guide before even playing the game?

Anyhoo...

I bought the regular edition, not knowing about the LE tin. And now that I do know about it, I don't care that there is one as most of the time, LEs are worthless. My box is in a landfill somewhere, along with all of my other game boxes. I got a jewel case included for my CD. I hate when you get the little paper envelope. Carboard? Ugh, that's even worse. I have to have the jewel case. Even if it's one of those thin ones (which I have plenty of).
Old July 16, 2002, 11:37   #26
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by dunk

That's a dubious statement.
If he is a bot, it must have a very well programmed AI. A very Intelligent AI, but still an AI.
Old July 16, 2002, 13:40   #27
Carver
Prince

I didn't buy the LE so I have no tin. But that worthless thing called a manual makes for a decent mouse pad.
Old July 17, 2002, 13:26   #28
Yolky
Prince

Local Time: 00:20
Collecting dust until the wife makes more homemade cookies. It's great for cookies and they are delicous.

Davor
Old July 18, 2002, 15:23   #29
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

"What did I do with my tin?"
Using it as a CD-RW and Floppy Disk holder . Oh yea and some manuals in there to (Non-Civ).
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine
Old July 19, 2002, 03:25   #30
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 06:20
mine holds various small things that i regularly dump out of my pockets. rather decorative
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.