View Poll Results: What is your favourite Social Enginnering ?
Frontier State 1 0.69%
Police State 8 5.56%
Democratic State 25 17.36%
Fundamentalist state 2 1.39%
Simple Economy 1 0.69%
Free Market Economy 15 10.42%
Planned Economy 9 6.25%
Green Economy 12 8.33%
Value : Knowledge 26 18.06%
Value : Power 3 2.08%
Value : Wealth 7 4.86%
Value : None 1 0.69%
Future : Oecudemic 14 9.72%
Future : Cybernetic 16 11.11%
Future : Mind Control 2 1.39%
Future : none 2 1.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16, 2002, 06:10   #1
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 04:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
What is your favourite social engineering ?
So... what is your favourite Social Engineering, not meaning the one you use the most, but the one that makes the game more pleasant to you... ?
Old July 16, 2002, 06:25   #2
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 12:25
Wealth. Read my sig. Need I say more?
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 16, 2002, 06:27   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Democratic Freemarket Knowledge Cybernetic.
Old July 16, 2002, 06:38   #4
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
Go Free Market! Go Free Market! Go Free Market!
Old July 16, 2002, 06:40   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Go Free Market! Go Free Market! Go Free Market!
Yeah....Although Gaia hates it when I do that, who cares about her?

Free market along with democracy gives me a ton of money, democracy-knowledge-cybernetic give me a ton of research, and i'm happy because i can research and execute a good war (later on, after i build that no-drone riots secret project).
Old July 16, 2002, 06:48   #6
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

People of the world try to make ends meet
You travel by bus car train or feet
I said you gotta work hard to want to compete
It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Money is the key to end all your woes
Your ups and your downs, your highs and your lows
Won't you tell me last time that love bought you clothes?
It's like that, and that's the way it is

Bills fly higher, everyday
We receive, much lower pay
I'd rather stay young go out and play
It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Wars going on, across the sea
Street soldiers killing the elderly
Whatever happened to unity
It's like that, it's just the way it is

-------------------------------------------

Democratic Free Market Wealth Mind Control
"Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon
Old July 16, 2002, 06:50   #7
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Iskandar Reza

-------------------------------------------

Democratic Free Market Wealth Mind Control
Looks like your going for wealth so...

Why MIND CONTROL?!

In my experience, Fundamentalist, Police State, and Mind Control always lower income dramatically...
Old July 16, 2002, 06:51   #8
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Because I'm a capitalistic fascist.

Besides I always get that SP that eliminates the negs of Thought Control
Old July 16, 2002, 06:52   #9
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Iskandar Reza
Because I'm a capitalistic fascist.
Ah...Those two words are synonymous with each other.....

Old July 16, 2002, 07:34   #10
aaglo
King

Local Time: 07:25
I hate Free Market! I hate Free Market! For the awful ideology's sake I hate it.

I like Police or Democracy & Planned or Green,
add to that Knowledge & Cybernetic.
Old July 16, 2002, 09:12   #11
waab
Prince

Local Time: 06:25
Democratic planned knowledge and finaly eudomania...

I am a sociallist
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 16, 2002, 09:26   #12
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:25
i used to be afraid of free market. ooh too many drones! the money is just so much more than green or planned, that i just can't resist. you have to jack up the psych though..

Democracy, Free market, knowledge, cybernetic (if network backbone) i know you might say "who cares if you're already at -5 police anyway'', but with AV and brood pits, thats back up to -2, which doesn't cause drones for units out of territory. that means i don't have to switch to green or thought control for a war.
Old July 16, 2002, 09:28   #13
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

The secret to Free Market - Penal Colony

Build a base with punishment spheres. Home all military units (make sure they have clean reactors) there. Just keep it well guarded, 'cause if it falls, all hell breaks loose.
Old July 16, 2002, 09:45   #14
Jac de Molay
Prince

Democratic, Green, Knowledge. It's just too much a pain in the as$ to deal with FM eco-damage. And ideologically, I'm against punishment spheres, and usually raise a "natural' army of all mind worms while playing as my favorite Gaians.

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old July 16, 2002, 11:52   #15
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DetroitDave
And ideologically, I'm against punishment spheres, and usually raise a "natural' army of all mind worms while playing as my favorite Gaians.

Dave
You gotta try being a fascist sometimes. It makes you feel sooooooo gooooood, you dendrophile
Old July 16, 2002, 12:18   #16
Phil_de_geezer
Chieftain

Hey thanks Iskandar! I often wondered what the exact lyrics were!
Old July 16, 2002, 12:19   #17
Jac de Molay
Prince

Fascism.....pfft. Everyone just needs to kick back and smoke a spliff of some fine Gaian sinsemilla (grown naturally, of course)

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old July 16, 2002, 12:24   #18
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Fascism.....pfft. Everyone just needs to kick back and smoke a spliff of some fine Gaian sinsemilla (grown naturally, of course)

Dave
Hmmmm.... now I'm enticed....

Make love, not war

Don't drink and drive, Smoke and fly
Old July 16, 2002, 13:23   #19
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 23:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Democratic Green Knowledge Thought Control (after Vats).

Democratic Green Knowledge Cybernetic (after Netbone)

I like the extra energy of FM but like others I hate dealing with the ecodamage. Prefer Green for the free IoD's.
Old July 16, 2002, 13:34   #20
big_canuk
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 23:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You forgot to include "none of the above"

I don't really have a favourite. My favourite is whatever is required at the time, to get the job done. In builder mode that may be dem/fm/know/cyber. But with certain circumstances or factions, other settings will prevail. I like to change my SE. Often.

bc
Old July 16, 2002, 13:52   #21
Jac de Molay
Prince

Actually, I change my mind. Ive been running Demo/planned more often than not lately. 40% growth rate rocks. And I dont even notice the hit on efficiency.

Dave
Old July 16, 2002, 14:38   #22
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Actually, I change my mind. Ive been running Demo/planned more often than not lately. 40% growth rate rocks. And I dont even notice the hit on efficiency.

Dave
If only you could whip those citizens like in Civ3.
Old July 16, 2002, 15:10   #23
Jac de Molay
Prince

Now, now, Hitler. Dont get your panties in a bunch. You know damn well that progressivism and democracy is the true path to utopia

Dave
Old July 16, 2002, 15:15   #24
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Now, now, Hitler. Dont get your panties in a bunch. You know damn well that progressivism and democracy is the true path to utopia

Dave
Utopia? Bah! Who cares about the people. It's all about ME!! As long as I'm happy and content, everything else is fine. The World Revolves Around ME.
Old July 16, 2002, 16:20   #25
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:25
Quote:

Dave
i was under the impression that utopia was eudaimonia (you-die-moe-nee-uh) or as waab put it eudomania (you-doh-main-ee-uh). (sorry waab couldn't help it)

now Hit, erm Iskandar the only problem with the whip is that the people get mad and leave. but that's ok because only you matter

just for the sake of not being on topic and being caught spamming, if i need to enter a war, i'll usually switch to thought control if i have the tech and the vats so i wont get the pacifism drones, but if i don't have the tech i'll just switch to green, catch some worms, and whem i'm done the war, it's back to market again.

Democracy/planned is good off the start for the +4 growth and +1 industry, and pop boom with creches, but i'll usually switch to market around environmental economics to get the tech lead and all the energy

Last edited by Method; July 17, 2002 at 12:10.
Old July 16, 2002, 16:25   #26
Iskandar Reza
Civilization III PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TKG
now Hit, erm Iskandar the only problem with the whip is that the people get mad and leave. but that's ok because only you matter
You know me so well

Well, anyway. Freemarket. Yes. Build a Penal Colony. You need only one. Two if you're paranoid-schizo
Old July 16, 2002, 17:20   #27
waab
Prince

Local Time: 06:25
Quote:
Originally posted by TKG

i was under the impression that utopia was eudaimonia (you-die-moe-nee-uh) or as wabb put it eudomania (you-doh-main-ee-uh). (sorry wabb couldn't help it)
No problem BUT wAAb not waBB...

How is it spelled really (eudomania)? My english is totlaly useless...
What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.
Old July 16, 2002, 17:29   #28
Jac de Molay
Prince

Yeah, TKG, like I said. It's hard for me to get rid of that 40% growth rate, especially when my tree farms are up and running. I'll crawler out to fungus for some nutrients too, and just watch my cities grow, grow, grow. It's so good being green

Dave
Old July 16, 2002, 17:36   #29
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 17:25
My vote went with Free Market, Wealth, Eudo. Ideologically Eudo is great. In terms of gameplay, money is good.
I dont have a prefered goverment as such, Democracy is obviously the best but I'll also swing to Police State and/or Fundie, and certaintely enjoy playing as much, or more, with those goverments.

In terms of an ultimate faction I would like to live in, Democracy, Green, Wealth, Eudo is probably the flavour of the week for me. If I used that setup in-game, in wartime I would swap Demo for Fundie for elites.
Old July 17, 2002, 06:02   #30
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Why do you all need to have a Free Market Economy when u can have a good democracy/planned economy / knowledge/and build tons of Supply Crawlers and raise more money ???

Uh, why ?